+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something I thought would be cool

FORT Newbie

Something I thought would be cool

I hope they come out with a LCS with a buch of well known comedians. Like Dane Cook, Denis Leary, Lewis Black, etc..... If you can think up some more comedians and who you think would win.

Perhaps your screen name is scaring people?

Hey EAB...

The rumor before filming of THIS season of LCS (LCS2) was exactly what you suggested... We'd heard that Dane Cook, Brian Regan and others would be in the house this year. Nope.

Of course, there's no guarantee that they'd have made it past the semi-finals, is there? ("Pablo Francisco? No, thanks...we'll take Ant instead.")

The problem, of course, is that to the majority of Americans have no idea who Dane Cook or Brian Regan are...any more than they knew who Ralphie May or Alonzo Bodden were before LCS... They'd only know Lewis Black and Denis Leary from their television work, not their stand-up.

If there's any good coming from this show, it might be that after the bubble burst on the late 80's stand-up boom...there might be a resurgence in general interest in stand-up comedy growing from this show...

Of course, even THAT might not happen...if their editing choices leave people less than impressed.

pg--seattle

Dr. of Awesöme
    Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    Hey EAB...

The rumor before filming of THIS season of LCS (LCS2) was exactly what you suggested... We'd heard that Dane Cook, Brian Regan and others would be in the house this year. Nope.

Of course, there's no guarantee that they'd have made it past the semi-finals, is there? ("Pablo Francisco? No, thanks...we'll take Ant instead.")

The problem, of course, is that to the majority of Americans have no idea who Dane Cook or Brian Regan are...any more than they knew who Ralphie May or Alonzo Bodden were before LCS... They'd only know Lewis Black and Denis Leary from their television work, not their stand-up.

If there's any good coming from this show, it might be that after the bubble burst on the late 80's stand-up boom...there might be a resurgence in general interest in stand-up comedy growing from this show...

Of course, even THAT might not happen...if their editing choices leave people less than impressed.

pg--seattle
    I agree. While it would be cool to see Lewis and Dane argue about who's going to do the damned dishes, the show really is about making a NEW stand-up star. That's what I love about this show. After the 80's boom, stand-up has died down a bit in the public eye but there is still this huge, untapped, underground, cult-like following of stand-up comedy. This show is finally bringing back stand-up to prime time other than stupid late night comedy showcases like Leno or some crap like that. This is again bringing stand-up even more into the main stream. It's good to see fresh material.
    "What's that, boy?! You... pooped in the fridge and... and then you ate an entire cheese wheel? Wow. I'm not even mad... That's quite amazing." - Ron Burgundy. Legend.

+ Reply to Thread