+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay London v.s. Gary Gulman

FORT Fan
    i'm not that impressed with gary, but i do think he was better than both ant and jay (from what we actually saw).
    jay is a good guy, but he didn't get any good laughs until half-way through it seemed....and when he uses the filler lines over and over in the set (am i bothering you? let me move over here, it's almost over.) it is probably because he wasn't getting good laughs to that point. he finished well, but gary benefitted from following him, anyone would seem upbeat after that.

Premium Member
    I think that is a difficult question to answer each week, since we only see edited clips of their actual head-to-head performance. And it wouldn't surprise me if Jay had actually done better, but votes were manipulated to keep Gary on the show, since the camera loves him, but then, I think every show is rigged.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who had actually been in the audience that evening...

I think pg13's post above is a great synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    I think that is a difficult question to answer each week, since we only see edited clips of their actual head-to-head performance. And it wouldn't surprise me if Jay had actually done better, but votes were manipulated to keep Gary on the show, since the camera loves him, but then, I think every show is rigged.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who had actually been in the audience that evening...

I think pg13's post above is a great synopsis.
    Think you're right about this one. I mean, the winner DOES get a sitcom deal, and whenever Gary comes onstage, he usually gets whistles and/or admiring glances. Nevertheless, I liked how Jay broke up the monotony, and was gracious.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Gary was definatley better in that head to head

Gary definatley hit a home run that night. I think alot of the comics are going to be surprised when he walks through the door.

FORT Newbie
    im surprise so few of you liked jay's set. i guess his style doesnt appeal to everyone, but i thought he was funnier than the 12% he got. jay was funnier IMHO.

he started repeated his jokes too many times liek the crowd didnt get it. that ws what I found annoying with his set. I just think Gary hit a home run. I never laughed at most of his material but I was rolling a few times during his set.

FORT Fogey
    Jay was creepy and pathetic. Just pathetic. It's not funny to see a guy saying to people in the audience, "Don't worry, you'll never see me after tonight. Please like me, please like me!"

It was pathetic.

I actually laughed out loud at a couple of his lines but my overall sense was one of disgust that he had so little self confidence.

Jay's utter lack of self-confidence isn't funny to me -- it just encourages me to not have any confidence in him, either!

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    Jay's one liners are good for a chuckle, but never draw the big laughs.

Gary delivered big laughs in this contest - much bigger than with Ant.

Gary deserved to win.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I thought thay Jay was pretty good. His one liners were sharper than usual. Gulman has been getting stronger every week. He is relying on real world situations that people instantly identify with (oreos, his mother, gym, etc.) and spinning his jokes off of them. It's a classic technique and he is using it to great advantage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast