+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The next season of LCS (debuting 8/31) will be....

FORT Regular
    Cool. Now we can see Dat lose.

Quote Originally Posted by comedy fan
    Heard it directly from one of the comics: Dave will be in LCS3!

That's all I needed to know, now I'm definately gonna watch it. BTW, welcome to the FORT comedy fan
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    And please, God, let Dave be on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by comedy fan
    Heard it directly from one of the comics: Dave will be in LCS3!
    Now that's a quick answer to prayer!

to FORT comedy fan

Well, the rules ARE in the FAQ, so I can't complain...

Earlier in this thread, I tried linking directly to the article that Reality News Online had with information directly from Jay Mohr about LCS3--to whit that LCS3 will be comics from LCS1 versus LCS2 in nightly showdowns--head to head challenges...and little to no "in house" action.

That's against the FORT policy and John, I assume, deleted it--as it explains in the FAQ--without explanation or warning.

That's cool--but since the link and Jer's attempt to copy and paste the same information has been taken out...but responses to that were left in, I thought the thread might confuse some folks...so I thought the above brief synopsis would be appropriate...

No harm intended,
    pg--seattle

PS--I do think that a link to cringehumor's site should be ok--it's not a site for fans of LCS or reality tv, it's a site devoted to a few comics... What'cha say about that, boss man?

I would say that if you'd like to plug CH, you can do it in your signature, but since it doesn't have anything to do with LCS, it's probably not appropriate in other curcumstances.

FORT Fan
    i'm kind of surprised LCS2 isn't doing better in the neilsen rankings......
    hope LCS3 does even better
    LCS has some 'ethical issues' like how they put through people who may not deserve to be advanced, but have the same agent as the producer of the show...
    but, as far as 'reality' tv goes, LCS is our favorite in my house

Same here, Jer.

I cannot wait for LCS3 and LCS2 isn't even over, lol.

FORT Regular
    I don't know what I did to upset so many on here but whatever. I am saying that I am going to be involved in LCS3 starting on August 31, and I think year one has a great shot of winning it all. Not only are we great comics but we've had a year to write new stuff, for me I released a dvd/cd in February and now I am doing a different two hours on stage. I can't speak for everyone on my team but I believe that Dave, Rich, Cory and myself are going to be very prepared. I wish I had more details regarding the next season but NBC to be honest doesn't really know what they are doing. All that they have told us is that America eliminates us weekly, and the winning team splits 50K and the overall winner gets 250K. And its going to tape that day it airs on Tuesday so we don't have to miss our standup comedy dates around the country. You are the only site that I will post on and as soon as I know it, you'll know it. I am going tell you this, last year I never repeated a joke and unless NBC won't allow me to do something because its not politically correct I don't plan on repeating this next season. I hope you all enjoy the new show and we lose the drama that for me is boring.

I would also like to thank you the fans for so many things, and believe it or not reading your responses both positive and negative helped me to see things in myself, that I hope I have corrected.

Ralphie May

FORT Regular
    You rock, Ralphie. Best of luck to you.

FORT Newbie
    Thanx for checking back in with us, Ralphie!

I think the new format will be better. It will help funnier comics to win over the reality bs like who is cute, deserves sympathy or is "winning the Game." People will be more apt to vote on the damn SETS if it's cold, hard cash on the line, instead of a development deal for a sit-com which just AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. (Btw, Ralphie, any news on when "Pick a Color" is premiering?)

LCS I vs. LCS II? No question LCS I will wipe the floor, at least after DAT goes Week One. LCS I may have had a weaker pool but the cream rose to the top (except Dat rose above the cream). LCS had too many good comics to pick from but the finals seem like a mish-mash of b-level small market headliners. The only one that stands out is Alonzo. He has a cool mastery of the stage.

I also heard Kathleen was really good. I also heard she was on the show, but I've neither seen nor heard any evidence to support or deny either claim in the series so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast