+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    LCS could do like the other reality shows and have a big twist, like booting two of the current comics next week and giving a returning comic the chance to get back in at a head-to-head
    That would be a hella great twist. Either one of the returning comics goes against two of the comics in house or
    one of the returning comics goes against one of the house comics, the winner gets to choose two to leave.

But let's be real: The LCS producers aren't that creative.

They may be pulling an Omarosa since that show got a lot of chatter- bring back the ousted five to shake things up. The returnees could choose two who they want to go head-to-head or take the reigns from Mohr and come up with an immunity challenge all their own.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Has Gary Gulman done that "The Pill" joke before? Because I think I've seen it on an old episode of "Just for Laughs" (fellow Canadians will know the show, it's the Montreal comedy festival). The joke is word for word. If I'm right, well... That kind of stuff really bothers me.

-- jm

P.S.: Go, Alonzo and John!

Yes we have already seen Gary do that routine, if that's what you're asking. Whether he stole it, I do not know. There was some of his stuff I hadn't seen before, the gym rope climbing for instance.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Interesting, Qboots. It may be stolen or maybe it's so unoriginal compared to the other jokes Gary uses. I could've sworn I heard it, too. Some of Corey's jokes have that effect on me too, but I still like them. Tammy and her mafia jokes....um, no.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahgirl
    I have a thing for guys named John.
    And to some women, all guys are "johns".

Nothing personal ... I just couldn't let that setup go to waste ...

About people coming back and Gary's jokes...

Am I alone in remembering last year? They brought the ousted comics back to the house to choose the opponent for the final showdown... (Last year they chose Geoff to take on Dat.)

I'd have to imagine they'll do the same this year...

As far as the "familiarity" people have with Gary's jokes...I concur, but I think it's simply that he's chosen very safe topics and somewhat overused premises without really adding anything particularly original to them. I think I've heard Richard Jeni do a routine similar to the "mom driving" routine...there are comics here in Seattle that do material similar to the "how tall are you, how tall are your parents" thing...etc. Of course, because he picks these "safe" topics, he has a greater relatability to the general audience...traveling over welltrodden ground is easier than blazing your own trail.

I don't mean to slam Gary too much when I say that--his comedy might not push the envelope but there's no rule saying that any comedian HAS to push the envelope...they just have to be funny.

pg--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Still I liked Jay, and was sad to see him go. He was the nicest guy in the house, but then again this competition isn't about who is the nicest.
    Last year it was!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    Last year it was!!!!!!!
    Direct hit!

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't think any of the women in the contest are funny.

+ Reply to Thread