+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Curls with Gnomes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    I loathe Tammy more with each episode. She's so annoying and mean!

I liked Jay, but his self-deprecating stuff is only appealing for so long.

Yeah I agree about hating Tammy...but you gotta admit the bit where she was doing curls with the gnome was funny right after we see Alonzo with the weights.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    I loathe Tammy more with each episode. She's so annoying and mean!
    well yes, but she has great cleavage and you just know she's got be a wild woman in bed..........

oh yeah and she's sometimes funny too.....
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

My bullet points:
    Kids stuff was just awful; should have deleted it rather than making us suffer.
    What's Tammy problem; she starts alliance chat and then when no one commits, she trashes them as "not being real men" because she is pissed she's not getting her way.
    Both comics performed great at the Last Comic Theatre (best one yet), thought the vote should have been closer; Gary is better when he relaxed rather than edgy; he was going against a friend rather than advesary and his delivery was relaxed and funny. Loved Jay's jokes "one pig in a blanket is enough""my uroligist says i could go at any time" but he started to repeat each joke like he wasnt getting any laughs. I think that style kills him a little (note to Jay: the people were laughing) Gary made even the most lame joke seem funny with his wit and style. By the way ladies, I resemble Gary and am from Boston too. I couldnt disagree more that Gary is the next Dat. Not even close.
    Isn't Jay Mohr hilarious even though his skit is minimal ? I hate cats too.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    How unbelievably sexy is Gary Gulman ? I want to have his babies.
    No babies for me. I just want to marry him.

I laughed quite a bit at Jay London's routine. I figured Gary was sunk, but then ended up laughing more at his. They're both such nice guys.

I liked the bit where Ant's ghost kept popping up in the house. And no one wants his room.

That is one ugly-ass dog. Of course if they keep feeding it pizza it won't be around long anyway.

No surprise the kids didn't laugh much. These comics probably don't know a lot of silly jokes like "What's green and goes Slam, Slam, Slam, Slam? A 4-door pickle." Kathleen did relate to them better though, and was last in line so she was fresher in their short-term memories.

And I thought I was the only one here who is amused by Jay Mohr, but then I read boboc40's post, so I'm not alone after all.

I'm hoping Kathleen goes home next.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Anyone think Tammy feared Jay London was too endearing to make it to the audience vote? Or did she honestly think Jay was the easiest to crush on the path to the finals?
    I think both. If you look at who's left, they're all fairly solid in their own right. Tammy against Corey or Alonzo? No contest. She couldn't vote Kathleen due to immunity (plus they have the girl-power alliance), and both John and Gary have proven they can win in the head to head. That leaves Jay, who's either a hit or a miss with people. If you don't like his style, you won't get ANY of his jokes. With all of the others, they may have some stinkers, but because they're more mainstream, they'll come to something that somewhat appeals to the audience. Plus, Jay has to be super with his timing, because that self depricating stuff can actually convince an audience that he's NOT funny if he pushes too hard.

Jay made the most sense for Tammy to vote against.
    Last edited by ChicagoViewer; 07-14-2004 at 03:46 PM. Reason: grammar

I laughed at Jay Mohr's set because I do have one cat that acts exactly like he described. The other cat, though, is the exact opposite. He meets me at the door, he plays fetch, and checks on me when I am in the bathroom.

I was sorry to see Jay London leave just because he was such a nice guy. I knew from the beginning that he had no chance of winning, but would have liked to see him at least make the final 5.

Best jokes of the night:
    Jay London: It was a year ago today.
    Gary Gulman: If you're scared of falling from the rope climb, don't worry, we put down a thin blue mat. (Oh, the memories!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    I think both. If you look at who's left, they're all fairly solid in their own right. Tammy against Corey or Alonzo? No contest. She couldn't vote Kathleen due to immunity (plus they have the girl-power alliance), and both John and Gary have proven they can win in the head to head. That leaves Jay, who's either a hit or a miss with people. If you don't like his style, you won't get ANY of his jokes. With all of the others, they may have some stinkers, but because they're more mainstream, they'll come to something that somewhat appeals to the audience. Plus, Jay has to be super with his timing, because that self depricating stuff can actually convince an audience that he's NOT funny if he pushes too hard.

Jay made the most sense for Tammy to vote against.
    Good points. I was hoping Jay would tone down the "Please like me"/"You'll never see me again" part of his routine. It's okay the first couple times, but after that, it sounds almost like a plea. Nevertheless, I think there are weaker comics than Jay.

Tammy couldn't win against Alonzo and probably John. That's why she's buddies with them...consoling John after Bonnie left, making alliances with two experienced comics (Alonzo, Kathleen). I always said she was smart. I did chuckle (shhh) a little when she was exercising with the gnome. Since she has this female alliance with Kat, which I never heard about until tonight, I predict she'll go after Corey or Gary next. Unless...

The twist involves someone coming back. Maybe the outcasts will compete for a shot back in the house. I don't know.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fan
    what was the deal last season with the comics coming back?
    didn't they vote who went to the next head-to-head, then that person got to pick who he went up against from the comedians left in the house?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    The twist involves someone coming back. Maybe the outcasts will compete for a shot back in the house. I don't know.
    Maybe, but I don't think so. That would mean ANOTHER week before we get down the final five (adding a person/losing a person in the same week means we're still at six). And those Olympics are sure coming up fast.

I think the more likely scenario is:
    A) The comics coming back decide who gets immunity
    2) The comics decide who goes up in the head to head.

FORT Fan
    i could see the returning comics deciding on who gets immunity and/or who goes to next head-to-head....
    i hope bonnie isn't holding a grudge against john....
    i'm guessing they have been watching the tapes of what is happening in the house each week....if so, jay london may ditch the 'alliance' after seeing ant and tammy on tape...i'm guessing the returning comics don't feel too bad for gary (except for todd) and would probably give immunity to john for staying away from the alliance
    of course LCS could do like the other reality shows and have a big twist, like booting two of the current comics next week and giving a returning comic the chance to get back in at a head-to-head

+ Reply to Thread