+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hahafunny
    I have seen Gary perform for years and I am not saying this in a bad way against him but just to let you know, those aren't new jokes. He has had the gym stuff for years. He's a great writer and has hours and hours of solid material. He writes new stuff all the time and knows what is going to appeal to what audience so he pulls out what works when he needs to. Everyone is talking about this person can't write and this one has no material. They only show us 2 mins. of these people every week. These are people that headline comedy clubs where they do 45-60 minute sets. They all have the material. The producers just editit a certain way.

Ah, editing! That's interesting. I wonder if that will affect the audience vote at the end, since others probably think Gary has new jokes, as opposed to stored jokes. I guess not considering Dat won last year. Then again, the in house antics probably sealed the win for him. Thanks for sharing, haha!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

I don't really think it's fair for the people watching at home to say... "so and so shouldn't have won the head to head, the other so and so was funnier" when we only see a couple minutes... My guess is they show us only a very small portion of the routine... Notice right when the comics say "that's my time" before they are done it always seems like it cuts to that moment, not like it flows into it. Sure, maybe the 2 minutes of who we see is funnier, but apparently not the other 15.

Also, I love Jay London, but what I SAW of Gulman I found funnier.

AND are Tammy and Ant mentally handicapped... Do they not know that the people at home are going to decide this and could give two squirts of piss about alliances... It's about being funny and YES being LIKEABLE. Personally, LCS alliances seem ridiculous to me.

I loathe Tammy more with each episode. She's so annoying and mean!

I liked Jay, but his self-deprecating stuff is only appealing for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by xfakter13

Also, I love Jay London, but what I SAW of Gulman I found funnier.

So unfortunate they had to be the two on stage last night. I would have liked to see Tammy go first, and Corey. Jay was very good, but Gary was better. Gary had this relaxed and confident aura about him on stage this time around, and I think it helped. Not to mention the looks, of course... I was surprised though that the vote was not closer, but then I did not see everything the audience did.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Jay London has a unique look and schtick, but he's just not as accessible to the general public as the other comics. I liked him OK, but he didn't have a prayer to be the LCS. The winner should be someone that everyone gets, has solid material, and is generally likable...it's gotta be Gary, John, or Alonzo. I may change my mind and add Kathleen later, but so far she's a snooze as far as material goes.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    How unbelievably sexy is Gary Gulman ? I want to have his babies.

I felt so bad for Jay I'm not a fan of his act, but he seems like a nice, decent man. If I were an audience member I would have voted for Jay, because Gary is young and hot-- good things will happen to him regardless if he makes to the final 5 or not. Jay needs this more. And to be fair, I didn't really laugh at either sets. Funny-wise, I'd say the two were on par.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker
    I loathe Tammy more with each episode. She's so annoying and mean!

I liked Jay, but his self-deprecating stuff is only appealing for so long.
    She comes off really b!tchy.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I was a little disappointed last night. I am tired of alliances-it seems to me that they are wimping out (a la Ant) and don't want to have to prove themselves as a comedian. I wish all of them could go in front of an audience every week, take out the weekly bs immunity challenges, and let them be funny. OR have the weekly immunity challenges continue with no immunity being awarded. Just let us see all of the act, be it 2 minutes or 5 minutes. I felt my heart pour for Jay, but enjoyed Gary much better. Jay's set seemed to go over the audience's head. Question-which of the entire group is under J Mohr's agent's umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    How unbelievably sexy is Gary Gulman ? I want to have his babies.
    How many times do I have to keep reminding you guys that I saw him first? :nono

He is truly a god...hot and funny...please, please, PLEASE put him in a weekly sitcom so we can get regular fixes

OK, I'm finished my weekly salivating over Mr. Gulman, you may return to your discussion of yesterday's epi.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The above posts illustrates why Gary keeps moving on. If someone is on the fence on who to choose, they will choose looks everytime.

Gary blends pedestrian comedy (teenage observations), with above average delivery and good looks. A devastating combo to most of the comedians.

If he went head to head with John, I know John would win, tho. Not to say that John couldn't get knocked out by Alonzo or possibly Corey in a head-to-head.

+ Reply to Thread