+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Craving Creativity...Give it up, FORT friends.

Craving Creativity...Give it up, FORT friends.

We all like fresh, original material from the featured comics. With this in mind, any creative suggestions in FORTsville for the mini-challenge? Someone suggested on another thread that maybe the comics should have to write a little 5-minute piece of a sitcom for themselves and perform it. I would LOVE that…any other cool suggestions out there??

I think it might be fun if each of the comics wrote a few jokes, which would be thrown into a “hopper” and randomly chosen by each comic to perform. I would LOVE to see, for example, John Heffron performing a few jokes written by Jay London and vice-versa. Haven’t gotten into the logistics of how this would be judged…but maybe the joke writer and the performer both get immunity? Don’t know who would do the judging…maybe they would judge each other on some kind of number scale…logistics is too much like math for me….sorry, my brain refuses to work hard enough to process that kind of stuff.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Hey, just making them do each other's material would be fun...I wanna see Tammy do Jay's bit on being 4th on the evolutionary chart...and I would've REALLY like to see Corey do Ant's drive-thru bit, but alas, it's too late for that.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Hey, just making them do each other's material would be fun...I wanna see Tammy do Jay's bit on being 4th on the evolutionary chart...and I would've REALLY like to see Corey do Ant's drive-thru bit, but alas, it's too late for that.
    I would actually like to see ANY of them do Ant's routine!!! Or to see Jay saying he is afraid of hillbillies because they don't kill you, they KEEP you...under the bed! Am just thinking about that one!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

PSi
    i think they have the right idea, with trying to bring out origional ideas. Like last year with the pitch meeting and the disneyland donations and this year with the roast...

it's just the standup at the end that suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    i think they have the right idea, with trying to bring out origional ideas. Like last year with the pitch meeting and the disneyland donations and this year with the roast...

it's just the standup at the end that suffers.
    REALLY, PSI??? **mouth in unattractive gape** I was SO shocked to read that in your post. The mini challenge is probably my very favorite part of the show--this season and last! Am I alone in this??? I loved, loved, loved Dave Mordal hawking fake celebrity autographs last season...I really enjoyed the Roast....I thought the sitcom meeting pitch thing was a riot! Admittedly, some of the challenges fall flat (i.e. Laundromat), but to me, even the bad ones are good. I truly am baffled that you think the standup suffers because of the mini challenges...I think the challenges give us a better idea of the inherent wit and "funniness" of the contestants...a glimpse into their comedic souls...
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread