+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids

I think Jay should do the best cuz of his appearance which kids will just enjoy and also his simple one liners.
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

Little Lord Phompharoy Graham Headey's Avatar
    Is this the same Corey I remember? The one who talks about dating your ex and being so very very Ghetto? I don't think he is the ideal role model for impressionable youth. I think Kathleen should finally do well here.

I don't think anyone of these comics are ideal role models for kids.
    I still think Corey and John will clean their act up and connect better with the kids, but I guess we shall see tuesday night. .

Little Lord Phompharoy Graham Headey's Avatar
    I think I'm looking at it as who would I want babysitting my kids.

Alonzo- would simply scare the crap out of them. They would behave though.
    Jay- Would scare the crap out of me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but if you saw him with children I would have thought he lured them into his rickety van with the promise of a new bike.
    Corey- Would leave the children to their own devices and spend the entire time going through your wifes/teenage daughters underwear drawer.
    Gary- They would probably all get sick from eating Oreo's for dinner but I could see hem bonding with him.
    Tammy- Oh the things she would possibly teach the kids. I really don't want my kid giving GI Joe cement shoes for being a stooley.
    Kathleen- Seems like the closest thing to Mary Poppins this show has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Headey

Jay- Would scare the crap out of me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but if you saw him with children I would have thought he lured them into his rickety van with the promise of a new bike.
    Corey- Would leave the children to their own devices and spend the entire time going through your wifes/teenage daughters underwear drawer.
    Gary- They would probably all get sick from eating Oreo's for dinner but I could see hem bonding with him.
    Tammy- Oh the things she would possibly teach the kids. I really don't want my kid giving GI Joe cement shoes for being a stooley.
    But the point is I don't think the parent's are going to be the one's choosing which comic wins the compitition, I believe it's probably going to be the kids themselves choosing.

While Kathleen might seem like the most motherly type, I don't think the kids are going to pick her as being the most entertaining.

They probably are going to have only have like 5 minutes to entertain the kids and then the kids are going to have to pick who they liked the best. It doesn't matter how responsible they are, all that matters is who entertains the best. I'm going to stick with my orginal prediction of either Corey or John.

I think it depends on range basically. Consider Jim Carrey, who some regard as a great comic and others dismiss as nothing special. Despite his detractors, Carrey has managed to go from teenage, potty humor (Dumb and Dumber), family comedy humor (Grinch), sketch that's primarily full of adult humor(Living Color). He's found success with many types of films. That's why I'm really glad they did the roast, and are now performing in front of kids. I hope they do an acting exercise as well, since I believe they're getting a sitcom deal, right?
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Headey

What about John ? I personally think he is the best .....

FORT Fan
    alonzo has some good material, but something about his delivery is off....like he sin't really a comedian, but is just opening up a speech with a couple of one-liners

kathy doesn't seem too witty/funny except onstage

john heffron seems the most well-rounded to me...good material and good delivery

I can imagine my own kids being most comfortable with John or Gary, but I think my oldest daughter would love Tammy's long hair, heavy makeup, and high heels
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Dr. of Awesöme
    Hello?! You're all crazy. Jay London looks and probably smells like Shrek, without the somewhat watered down, played out Myers accent. The kids will totally adore him because he's dirty and kids are dirty. Plus he wears suspenders. Kids love that crap. Have you ever even seen Shining Time Station? You know what I mean. Kids love comedians in overalls. George Carlin ring a bell? You know what I'm sayin' dawg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast