+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star players in the house....

FORT Fan

Star players in the house....

Just wondering if there is some kind of star players this year, ie. great comedians.
    no one has the gut to challenge Alonzo and Kathy, they are just unbeatable.

and there are those who know they are just not as good, e.g. Tammy/Gary.
    Everyone seems to know who is funnier than whom, and the voting trend follows. It is great to this this kind of elimination, unlike Top Model, Tyra .

So I think Tammy/Gary/John are perceived as weak comedians.
    Alonzo and Kathy then are considered as strong comedians.
    I wonder what people think of Corey and Jay though.
    Jay seems to have a reputation amongst the comedians already, that's why some of the "younger" comedians dont seem to want to challenge him.
    Then Corey is funny,but he does not have the kind of "aura" Kathy/Alonzo have.

Quote Originally Posted by coolman
    no one has the gut to challenge Alonzo and Kathy, they are just unbeatable.
    I'll buy that about Alonzo-he had me at his Bed, Bath and Beyond joke during the auditions! But Kathleen? Hmm...I haven't laughed once at anything she's said. IMO, she's inoffensive in the house and kind of under the radar. It definitely seems as though Gary has been deemed not much of a comedic threat by the alliance. Can't wait to see their reaction next week to him taking out Ant.

they had to have known he would take out Ant. Ant flat out sucks and its a travashamockery that he made it into the house, over say Naturman.

The star player, to me, is Kathleen. Alonzo's definitely up there too, and he really shined at the Roast. The bottom players, to me, are Gary and Tammy. I think John, Corey, and Jay are all in the middle somewhere. John seems to have a good amount of material, and I've thought he was good the entire show. Corey has repeated a lot of jokes, but he's still above Tammy and Gary. Jay's in a league of his own. He's just so different, it's harder to compare him to everyone else. He is funny, though, and very good at what he does. I just don't know how long he'll last.

Quote Originally Posted by dosqueen
    I'll buy that about Alonzo-he had me at his Bed, Bath and Beyond joke during the auditions!
    That's some mighty powerful influence he has over you. It was Jay London that did the Bed, Bath, and Beyond joke.
    -- Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    That's some mighty powerful influence he has over you. It was Jay London that did the Bed, Bath, and Beyond joke.
    Alonzo first qualifying round (40 -> 20) he did a complete set around Bed, Bath and Beyond... the whole 'I didn't even know my bed was under attack' piece with Colin Quinn and Rich Vos as part of the judges panel. Probably Alonzo's best set that we've seen so far.

Jay does the shorter set of two-three linked jokes.

Yeah, but he's talking about Jay's joke "I work in Bed, Bath, & Beyond . . . I work in the Beyond Department."

Quote Originally Posted by dosqueen
    I'll buy that about Alonzo-he had me at his Bed, Bath and Beyond joke during the auditions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    Alonzo first qualifying round (40 -> 20) he did a complete set around Bed, Bath and Beyond...
    Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Yeah, but he's talking about Jay's joke "I work in Bed, Bath, & Beyond . . . I work in the Beyond Department."
    OverQuote Quoth the Raven...

Both Jay and Alonzo have done "Bed, Bath & Beyond" jokes...

Alonzo: About going to Bed, Bath and Beyond... "Now I know how you women feel when you walk into a mechanics". They were selling me stuff I didn't even know I needed.

Jay: I work in the Beyond Department... followed by "That's Beyond me".

Did a quick google of "Alonzo Bodden" and "Bed, Bath" (yeah, I'm a lazy typer) and they are having the same conversation at the Last Comic Standing boards at NBC.

Dosqueen was talking about the Alonzo joke.
    Flash-57 pointed out that it was a Jay joke.
    Smith popped in and said, they both have jokes based on Bed, Bath & Beyond.
    colby_d pointed out that Flash-57 was talking about a Jay joke.
    Smith is no longer sure what we're talking about...

Those left, I'd say Tammy and Gary seem the weakest- Tammy barely made it through the challenge with Todd Glass- she is very vulnerable- Gary to me is not funny- I don't remember Corey being that funny- I don't think he will win, anyway, because of his fight with Ant- Kahtleen is under the radar, Hefron is cute, that will work in his favor- I think jay London is the most memorable and unique, but he might not have the material to really bring that out.

My personal faves are : Gary, John, Al, and Jay and I don't find Kathy and Corey are funny or interesting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast