+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who do YOU think is the PuppetMaster??

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    If Ant was telling the truth as he left, someone else was the brains behind their alliance, pulling the strings and he was just their puppet.

Gary: no
    John: no
    Corey: no ... but then again maybe he just wanted Ant outta there
    Jay: no, just a pawn - unless he's a brilliant actor too!
    Tammy: maybe ... too obvious ... but she did vote differently so maybe
    Kathleen: maybe
    Alonzo: maybe
    I still think it's ANT. I got the feeling he was just upset when he said that, and wanted to make Gary feel guilty or something by saying he took out the wrong person, thereby removing ANT from any responsibility in his own demise. He didn't want to feel stupid because his plan backfired, so he made up an excuse that he was just going along with the alliance.

If anyone else is involved, I'm guessing it's Tammy. She got ANT to sway his own vote for Gary, telling him he needed to do it for himself, to prove his ability. She also talks so much strategy it's nauseating...so my theory is that ANT and Tammy were leading the alliance...Tammy may have been the brains, but ANT is the one who pulled it all together.
    Shows I'm Watching: CSI, Survivor, Without a Trace, Third Watch, X-Play

I think it's Kathleen. Ant said to Gary Kathleen was going to take him out, as if they had discussed it.

I don't think it's Jay London- Ant said on his site that what he said about manipulating Jay London was taken from what he said when he first entered the house and then it was edited on to him giving Jay the photo shoot making it appear as if he is more devious than he is- though that's probably what he thought, he didn't say so for the camera, it was tacked on from ealier. But Ant said he called Jay after Tuesday's episode to explain that, so that makes me think Jay had no part of it all.

But it could be Alonzo because they are editing it in a way that I think they want a big surprise.
    Last edited by zapata; 07-09-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l_dogg
    I still think it's ANT.
    Maybe he left a shirt behind?

Tammy: The shirt says we need to take Gary out.
    Jay: Does he have any restaurant recommendations?
    Tammy: No, like put him the ground with the fishes.
    Alonzo: You're not really Sicilian at all, are you?

Naw, ANT was probably thinking of Tammy but it turns out to Alonzo in control of the alliance being manipulated by Gary to get additional airtime.

I think Alonzo is the one pulling the strings. I doubt it's Kathleen because she didn't seem like she was all into it when they had to do their alliance strategizing. Tammy is just too obvious, and Jay seems to be a at the low end of the alliance. Ant was just used at the drama decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    Could Ant mean his manager, Barry Katz?

Could Ant mean Peter Engel?

Could Ant mean Jay Mohr?
    Now this is some clever, "out-of-the-box" thinking, PG...but then we already know that these are the TRUE puppetmasters...and we (as well as the comic housemates) are all suspended from their strings in jerky little piles.

Some days I am particularly dense, however. I didn't get the Dat Phan humorous? reference. I know ypu are a comic, PG, and it is an unwritten law of comedy that one should not (have to) explain his joke(s), but I beg you to make an exception here.

I tend to agree with those FORTers who think Tammy is too obvious, if indeed our ringleader is still among the living (so to speak). Jay did get voted the "most loved" with six out of the eight cigars. Was this an augur? (Still wonder who got that last cigar...)

They all seem to hold Kathleen in high esteem, and may have made her their reluctant leader. Then again, Alonzo looked so resentful about not winning "immunity" (of course who knows if that wasn't an edited-in expression), that it could be him. Corey? Don't think so.

Well, Jay could be it, just because it would be the "twistiest"...but I am an admitted coward. I am reserving my "pick" until (if ever) the evil mastermind is revealed to us. Can one get more cowardly than that????
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fan
    ant seemed to be the most vocal 'leader' of the alliance, but even he was swayed to change his vote for gary by tammy, who didn't even vote for gary....and i'd say she had to have let alonzo know she'd be voting for him and why....so editing seems to make ant out as the drama queen of the alliance, with tammy being the driving force since it's in her blood....but with how they are editing it so heavily towards tammy, i could see alonzo running the whole show while laying low.
    alonzo is good, but heffron should be able to take him and win it all!
    so mote it be!

I think it's Tammy. I don't think any of her actions have been genuine.

1) Giving everyone a good luck card- Bonnie mentions it, and she goes ballistic. A little too defensive, Tam.

2) Singling out Bonnie- Tammy's smart enough to know that getting Bonnie out gets her closer to the final five. Take out the other female comics and you've got a better shot.

3) "Choking" at the laundromat- Lets the others see she's a "weak link." Keeping the weak link around ensures the others more success. If Tammy really couldn't talk, she would've said something about it beforehand.

4) Pairing with Ant- Ant is the most unlikeable person in the house, and Tammy seems better in comparison. I think Ant sounded bitter that his friend set him up by getting him to vote for Gary.

Tammy's a strategist, and some people have underestimated her. She's not a favorite, she's not a lone wolf, but she's smart.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Get off your knees...AND STOP AVERTING YOUR EYES!

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Now this is some clever, "out-of-the-box" thinking, PG...but then we already know that these are the TRUE puppetmasters...and we (as well as the comic housemates) are all suspended from their strings in jerky little piles.

Some days I am particularly dense, however. I didn't get the Dat Phan humorous? reference. I know ypu are a comic, PG, and it is an unwritten law of comedy that one should not (have to) explain his joke(s), but I beg you to make an exception here.
    No need to beg.

The larger point I was trying to make was that everyone was taking this stray comment of Ant's very seriously, which is great that everyone is getting into the spirit of the show...but was also surprising because so many of us have realized that nothing in this show is what we think it is...thanks to editing, manipulation and questions relating to conflict of interest and favoritism.

In professional wrestling (which grew out of the world of carnies & con men) speak...there are marks (the rubes that think professional wrestling is on the up and up, they root blindly for the faces and boo the heels...as they're being manipulated to do) and there are the smarts (those who know that it's fake and don't watch)--but there is a relatively new term "smarks" that describe the people that know it's fake but like to watch it anyway, folding in their smart knowledge (i.e.--it's fake) into how they root for what they know is a predetermined result.

I see FORT as a home for smarks, people who know that reality tv isn't really real but like it anyway...but this thread seemed a little "mark"-y. Are we really debating who the puppetmaster in the cast might be? There are only a few people in the house...and none of them seem particularly Richard Hatch-y or even Johnny Fairplay-esque... I listed the others because those are the people REALLY pulling the strings...and Ant isn't really the puppet.

The Dat Phan comment, above and beyond his ninja training and not to mention his astonishing ability to defeat the comedians that everyone thought he couldn't beat, was based on his bit about how the Vietnamese planned to take over the world by opening up pedicure shops everywhere...

It was funny the first few times I saw him do it.

pg--seattle
    PS--Todd Glass is coming to Seattle soon... I'm thinking about kicking him in the uterus for losing to Tammy.

Tammy... for someone who was so quick to start the catfighting with Bonnie...she was way into the "fag hag" thing to be sincere about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    No need to beg.

The larger point I was trying to make was that everyone was taking this stray comment of Ant's very seriously, which is great that everyone is getting into the spirit of the show...but was also surprising because so many of us have realized that nothing in this show is what we think it is...thanks to editing, manipulation and questions relating to conflict of interest and favoritism.

In professional wrestling (which grew out of the world of carnies & con men) speak...there are marks (the rubes that think professional wrestling is on the up and up, they root blindly for the faces and boo the heels...as they're being manipulated to do) and there are the smarts (those who know that it's fake and don't watch)--but there is a relatively new term "smarks" that describe the people that know it's fake but like to watch it anyway, folding in their smart knowledge (i.e.--it's fake) into how they root for what they know is a predetermined result.

I see FORT as a home for smarks, people who know that reality tv isn't really real but like it anyway...but this thread seemed a little "mark"-y. Are we really debating who the puppetmaster in the cast might be? There are only a few people in the house...and none of them seem particularly Richard Hatch-y or even Johnny Fairplay-esque... I listed the others because those are the people REALLY pulling the strings...and Ant isn't really the puppet.

The Dat Phan comment, above and beyond his ninja training and not to mention his astonishing ability to defeat the comedians that everyone thought he couldn't beat, was based on his bit about how the Vietnamese planned to take over the world by opening up pedicure shops everywhere...

It was funny the first few times I saw him do it.

pg--seattle
    PS--Todd Glass is coming to Seattle soon... I'm thinking about kicking him in the uterus for losing to Tammy.
    God I love reading your posts, PG! They almost always blow me totally away!

I echo your sentiments completely. In fact, I did not respond to this thread right away for precisely that reason-- my first instinct was that the whole “puppet master’ drama was SO contrived, that no one could possibly take it too seriously. It was like, c’mon, people…it’s just an exaggerated act. Sure there are strategies involved…but one has to take the melodrama with a grain of salt.

After reading your first post on this thread, however, I realized that there are others of us who understand who the real “puppet masters” are, and sometimes we just play along for the fun of it. Thus, I answered based on who I thought the “real” puppet masters might WANT us to think is the ringleader...just for fun.

This is also why I can’t really understand all the animosity towards Ant and Tammy…I mean, if you really don’t find their standup funny, so be it…that’s fair (although even that is subject to editing to a large extent). But to base your dislike of the comedian solely on the house “schtick” is, IMotsoHO, ludicrous.

You expressed what I am trying to say SO well…and I LOVED your wrestling analogies. Thank you.
    I think I might have a rep on this forum as often being facetious—at least hopefully people do recognize the fact that I AM often being facetious, and a great deal of what I say is tongue-in-cheek. But I hope you know that I am not being at all facetious now. I really do enjoy your interesting, thought-provoking, intelligent and well-written posts.

I totally understand the Dat Phan comment now in this context…so thank you for the explanation!

I’m sorry if I tend to gush…that’s just me. But if you are ever working the Chicagoland area, I hope you will post a notice to that effect—I would love to see your act, PG.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast