+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 142

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #81
    examination of what addikted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    297
    So just 2 more episodes until the finale? I can't say I know much more about these contestants than before they moved into the house. Let's see- Ant probably watched The Birdcage one too many times, Tammy will break your kneecaps if you cross her, Jay just seems happy that he doesn't have to make his own fire, Katheen? Who's Kathleen? Before they moved into the house, I was under the impression that these comics were just mocking their stereotypes, not living them in a rather uninteresting, unfunny manner.

    Glad to see Ant gone. He really got under most people's skin. There was way too much TENSION in the house, and Ant was the source of most of it. Hopefully this bad soap opera saga is finally over with.

    to Gulman who won me over with his set and by taking out Ant. I was quite skeptical of his comedic merit after word of the Barry Katz skandal leaked out. But he had me with those oreo jokes. Now if the boys could form an alliance and take out Tammy and Kathleen (are Jay and Alonzo even aware of those 2 freeloading off them?), I could get the final 5 I want to see...

  2. #82
    What's a sitcom? Toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    641
    I was surprised that Gary won by that margin. I figured his lack of good jokes, and Ant's high energy would've made it alot closer.

    As my wife said, "Looks always wins".


    Ant's little tirade about "ring leader, string puller" is just out-the-door bitchiness.Tammy's vote was the one that put Ant out there, so he is just trying to stir some drama before he leaves. Tammy has no doubt had a major say in all three evictions, but comic's have a 'lone wolf' mentality, and alliances are hard to keep. I think Tammy is smart enough not to let her position of power turn against her. But, ppl do wierd stuff when they get control of something.

    I felt bad for Alonzo .. he really did a great job ... and his only reward was to get a 1 yr membership to that nursing home they call the Friars Club! Oy! This year's show has really made me miss the antics of Dave and Rich from last year.

    In a couple years, I will goto Hollywood, and look for a bus tour that Ant is hosting. Unfortunately, it will probably be the same act I saw on TV.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Flown the coop
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,947
    I really lose all respect for comics on this show that don't want to go on stage at all... I miss the Dave Mordal/Rich Vos/Ralphie days, where they wouldn't even really compete in immunity, and they would hope for someone to pick them. If you're going to be a comedian on this show, you should feel like you truly are funnier than the person you say you are funnier than, because you just might need to prove it.

  4. #84
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The way I figure it: all the homophobic guys voted for Gary, also all the women (because he's so darn cute!), also all the gay guys (because he's so darn cute!), and also any Republicans, since Ant slammed George Bush. So that would only leave Ant with votes from......lesbian democrats?
    Oboots... A perfect analysis!!! Brilliant!!!! I laughed aloud!!!!

    Well, I'm neither a Lesbian nor a Democrat, but I give Ant BIG props for not subjecting us to the Scooby-Doo Mystery or other repetitive stuff. Credit where credit is due...his material was different...and amusing, if not roll-on-the-floor funny. I watched the show a second time, and actually liked it better. He appears very "at home" on the stage, and I think he connects with the audience. I laughed more at Ant's routine than I did at Gary's.

    Gary was kind of blah. Some of his stuff was "cute" (the Oreo cookies), the mother in the car stuff was trite, the "tall joke" fell kind of flat (I DO have a milkman!!), and basically, I just didn't laugh out loud at anything he said in the head-to-head. The Roast is another story altogether. Although I agree with Norm Crosby that he sometimes crossed the line with his "crude" jokes, I loved the "antidote to Viagra," "illegitimate kid's table" and "he has the body of a 16-yr. old...in his basement" assails.

    I don't share the same ANTimosity as the rest of the FORT seems to. I didn't like his arrogant facade, but some of his "aside" comments were pretty funny, i.e. "You're 6'6"...everything is beneath you!"

    I also don't like the whole "coalition" thing--it was kind of funny last season...this season it gets in the way of things comedic.

    Although I think Ant is a nicer person than most of the rest of you seem to think, and although I would go to see him if he were at a club in the area, I DO think it was his time to go.

    Alonzo totally deserved to win the roast, they should have awarded him immunity as well.
    Alonzo was PERFECT...I wholeheartedly agree that he deserved to win the roast...but he didn't need the immunity. I sure wouldn't want to go up against him...I think he has a darn good chance of winning the whole deal. I think Alonzo is very intelligent and such a class act.


    Loved Jay London's photo shoot. "I don't know how to smile." Photographer: "Just raise your cheeks."
    Can't help it...I think JayLo is precious. His appearance is definitely unkempt...but I don't think he is unclean. His hair doesn't look greasy or unwashed...just uncombed. I just like him more and more, although I don't think he has a chance at winning the whole deal--he is just too unconventional and "out there." My favorite joke on the show was his remark to Rich Little--"I went out with a promiscuous female impressionist...she does everyone." I just genuinely like this guy...his humor and his personality. I think he's sexy in a nice cave-man kinda way!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  5. #85
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Jay just seems happy that he doesn't have to make his own fire,
    Oh, Addikted...that is clever!!!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  6. #86
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I really lose all respect for comics on this show that don't want to go on stage at all... I miss the Dave Mordal/Rich Vos/Ralphie days, where they wouldn't even really compete in immunity, and they would hope for someone to pick them. If you're going to be a comedian on this show, you should feel like you truly are funnier than the person you say you are funnier than, because you just might need to prove it.
    You really hit on something, Flemming...I so agree. Where's the enthusiasm to PERFORM???? I can understand that they want to stay on the tube as much and as long as possible for the exposure...I guess one can't blame them for that...but you're so right, Flemming, their enthusiasm about wanting to perform last season was contagious. I miss that, too.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  7. #87
    Mrs. Pusser's fanclub pudman13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In my own mind
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    dvm

    I really enjoyed the show tonight; I'm glad Alonzo won that challenge and I'm very glad that Ant is gone.

    Now, what did he mean when he said that someone else was pulling the strings, that he wasn't the brain behind the alliance? Who was he referring to?
    This sounds crazy, but I think he means Kathleen...everyone
    respects her so much that no one will challenge her, and she
    acts so friendly that she could get away with just about anything.

  8. #88
    Mrs. Pusser's fanclub pudman13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In my own mind
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    since Ant slammed George Bush.
    That was the only funny thing he said!

    Ant has a very professional and confident stage manner---he's
    a good performer. He's just not a good *comedian* He could
    be a reasonably entertaining side character on a TV show,
    or a great tour bus host! He's right to be in show biz, but
    I think he needs to direct himself elsewhere.

  9. #89
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    I genuinely enjoyed last night's episode. Like someone said in an earlier post, we actually got to see more of each of the comics. I would have loved to see the ENTIRE Roast. I thought Tammy's one (included) Roast joke was pretty lame; I was squirming with discomfort with/for Kathleen (whose attempt at a derisive comment was "he's the politest person I've ever met...he's always saying Thank You"); and I thought for a moment canes and walkers might start flyin' his way when Jay Mohr demonstrated the reason his jokes would go over peoples' heads. He did manage to draw a few glares...but...no canes/walkers...maybe he was right? Actually, I was waiting for him to make a follow-up "Depends" joke...they must have edited it out.

    I neglected to mention in a previous post that "Heff" (the CUTE one; not the rich old mummified playboy) had some genuinely clever and very funny jokes at the Roast...I loved the one someone mentioned earlier about Jay being in ice for 4,000 years, and the horsefly thing--though it might fit into that "crude" category--was really quite ingenious.

    I thought Corey was too crass (during the Roast). A pit bull's afterbirth?
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  10. #90
    FORT Fanatic getreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    621
    My assessment so far is that Alonzo is the man to try to beat. He is cool, classy, original and funny. But I was actually surprised that the Friar's Club gave him the win, just because of the stereotype (in my mind) that a bunch of elderly white comics might not be welcoming of a new black comic into their midst. My mind was opened a bit with that. I wonder how many times Alonzo will make use of his year membership? It should provide connections and credibility for his career ... I would hope ...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.