+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thank goodness Ant is gone.
    The rest of the series will be so much more enjoyable for me now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Woo-Hoo! Gary stays!

I personally loved the Oreo jokes...they were all about the delivery, and Gary nailed 'em.

But the best joke of the night was in Alonzo's roast of Jay - "he places personal ads in National Geographic" The husband and I were rolling at that one. A deserving winner of the challenge.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well with Ant gone I see nobody to really get pissed at, aside from Tammy. Personally I really hated Ant's selfish, arrogant attitude. He does all he can NOT to go on stage. Why? Cause he knows he can't win on comedy. A truely great comic could get up there and win without having to make the vote go his way. I just think he was being too much of a coward.

I will give him the fact that he was man enough to vote for Gary. That urked me for awhile when he said he wasn't going to but he did what he had to do and well things didn't turn out the way he wanted them to.

Comedy wise I didnt care for either. Alonzo was great at the roast thought but the head to heads are kinda weak to be honest. Gary did a great delivery but Ant just played around on one subject (at least what they editted out) which can lose people's interest after awhile.

All in all the best episode I've seen because there was a little bit of everyone in this show.

FORT Fanatic
    I have yet to see Gary be funny in any phase of this show. At the roast he was genuinely nasty. (Alonzo and John were the only really funny ones. Are Corey and Kathleen ever funny? If so, I haven't seen it yet.)

I thought that Ant was clearly better in the head-to-head. I was amazed that the audience voted against him--except that I could see that there were a lot of young, beefy, very straight-looking guys on dates in the audience who would clearly be more comfortable with his mommy and oreos shtick than Ant's persona.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I thought Ant was very immature tonight. Gawd he was such a ____ (P-word) when he went on and on about not challenging Gary.

And although I do not enjoy his comedy, I think that Jay London is a classy guy. He seems like he's sweet as pie-- he's not someone I'd want to hug though...

Ant was being such a dick. I am THRILLED that he's gone!!
    Yahtzee! Game on! We will make your life here a living hell. She's constantly in my ear, constantly in my ear. I'll see you in Arizona...with about 50 guys. If you thought you were running sh*t, that's gonna change!

dvm

I really enjoyed the show tonight; I'm glad Alonzo won that challenge and I'm very glad that Ant is gone.

Now, what did he mean when he said that someone else was pulling the strings, that he wasn't the brain behind the alliance? Who was he referring to?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Silverstar, I'm thinking it's Tammi? I don't know.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I skipped the show tonight. I think this is a good time for Ant to be gone. He really isn't all that funny. I forgot about the Roast thing. I really wanted to see that.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Scoobero, don't worry they'll replay the episode next week

I am glad to see Ant go too. For one he wasn't funny, and one of the roast judges said the same thing. Secondly his scheming is annoying. So far each week "the alliance" has successfully picked off one of the other comics. I'm glad this time they lost one of their own. It shows that you can't vote as an alliance and not get burned. If Ant wasn't the ringleader behind it, he certainly was an active part of it. And I'm guessing he was referring to Tammy.

But like Bored I'm willing to admit I actually enjoyed Ant's routine more tonight. As likeable as I think Gary is, he just has not been that funny so far.

Alonzo was great. I really like the sessions where they have to come up with new material.

+ Reply to Thread