+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Behave kids.

I didn't think Gary's set was that funny (granted I'm sure alot was edited out), so I wasn't really impressed with him. However, compared to Ant, Gary was a stellar comic.

I loved Gary's comment, "The witch is dead!" Ant should've never made it into the house. The man should stick to being a bus tour guide.

FORT Regular
    Ant stunk. Glad he lost. Alonzo got screwed by that stupid little twist. No respect.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    I missed this show last week, so I came here and read the discussion thread and the recap. I watched the rerun last night. I was really looking forward to hearing the Todd Glass knife infomercial that everyone was talking about. Instead, they edited it out. Slightly disappointed.
    They did?!! What the heck? I hate it when networks pull that kind of crap. It was funny bit, too.

Anyway, even though I did find Ant entertaining, all his Machiavellian machinations were growing tiresome and he deserved the comeuppance he got. His set was one looooong set-up for very little pay-off, so even Gary's lackluster Oreo jokes beat him handily.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    I missed this show last week, so I came here and read the discussion thread and the recap. I watched the rerun last night. I was really looking forward to hearing the Todd Glass knife infomercial that everyone was talking about. Instead, they edited it out. Slightly disappointed.
    I too wanted to see it.

One thing I liked about this show.... they were required to write new material. They should do that on every show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    I forgot to mention my favorite part of the show . . . when John Heffron was getting the card out of the fortune-teller machine, he said, "I wanna be big!"
    Me too! That was great! John is by far my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    No, I wasn't suggesting that he needs immunity - he clearly doesn't. Just that the comics were led to believe they were competing for immunity, and Alonzo didn't seem impressed when he found out about the little 'twist'.

And I agree about 'JayLo'. I'm really warming up to him as well.
    I LOVED that little twist, Oboots--I thought it was poetic justice! Yes, Alonzo had a most disconcerted expression on his face when the announcement was made (editing??)--but I reiterate: he needn't have worried.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    Actually he should worry if he brown eyes and his parents both have blue then he would really be in trouble. Its possible for brown eyed parents to have blue eyed child but not blue eyed parents having a brown eyed child.
    Thanks for setting the record straight on this one, Cannon. Biology was my very worst subject in school. I called my sister on this one (she was the top student in her pre-med A&P class), and she concurs with you! I stand humbly corre.cted. Is there a smiley for highly embarrassed???
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 07-07-2004 at 11:37 PM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Voting time

Jay picks Gary
    As soon as he received the photoshoot, we knew he'd vote Ant's way

Corey picks Ant
    Cool!

Gary picks Ant
    Bring it on!!!

John picks Ant
    Way to go John!

Kathleen picks Gary
    Alonzo picks Gary
    Very disappointed that they'd let Ant influence their vote

Tammy picks Alonzo
    nice move ... in case of tie, the two tied would go head to head as she knows. How clever to pick someone you KNOW isn't gonna get the most votes. And does this mean she's not Ant's pawn???

Ant picks Gary
    Very nice. Maybe he tallied up the votes and knew he'd have to vote Gary to get him the most, or maybe he bowed to the inevitable, or MAYBE whoever it was he says pulls strings influenced him to back up his bluff ??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Glad that Ant is gone. He was getting to be too overbearing. I was shocked that Corey didn't know what a Roast was. Talk about a lack of historical reference. I thought that John's set at the roast was excellent. The bit about choosing between Jay and the horse and the reverse twist that he put on it at the end was hilarious. Kathleen seems to be sinking like a stone but hasn't pissed anyone off enough to be targeted yet. My feeling is that Alonzo is the man to beat. He clearly can write material and has a first rate delivery.

+ Reply to Thread