+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    It's called EDITING, people. They edited Ant funnier in the competition for drama's sake! (And because he's a Katz boy.)

Anyone who's seen a full set by Ant knows he's a hack.

The editing here is really maddening. It's throwing the whole competition. It's blatantly unfair. The whole roast, everyone got edited down except (the other Katz boy) Gulman.

I would have killed to see that whole roast. Alonzo KILLED and they trimmed him down to like 3 jokes. Just enough to let you know he was a contender but shield you from the FACT that he WIPED the FLOOR with everybody else. He got two 9s and a 10 off that panel. I bet the next highest got about 7.

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Alonzo was PERFECT...I wholeheartedly agree that he deserved to win the roast...but he didn't need the immunity. I sure wouldn't want to go up against him...I think he has a darn good chance of winning the whole deal. I think Alonzo is very intelligent and such a class act.
    No, I wasn't suggesting that he needs immunity - he clearly doesn't. Just that the comics were led to believe they were competing for immunity, and Alonzo didn't seem impressed when he found out about the little 'twist'.

And I agree about 'JayLo'. I'm really warming up to him as well.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Frankly, I can't see Gary Gulman as a sitcom star. He's just too freaking tall. It would be a casting nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    Frankly, I can't see Gary Gulman as a sitcom star. He's just too freaking tall. It would be a casting nightmare.
    *coughBradGarrettcough*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    They didn't have milkmen in the small community my parents were living in in Northern Quebec at the time, and since my parents were the only white people up there, and I am white, I am pretty sure that my parents are really my parents.
    You're pretty close to Santa Claus!

But he only comes once a year and that's down the chimney.

I missed this show last week, so I came here and read the discussion thread and the recap. I watched the rerun last night. I was really looking forward to hearing the Todd Glass knife infomercial that everyone was talking about. Instead, they edited it out. Slightly disappointed.

During the head-to-head on this weeks episode, after Gary's bit about being really tall, my local "storm team" interrupted due to a severe thunderstorm/tornado in the area. They went back to regularly scheduled programming just in time for me to see Gary walk off the stage. Very disappointed.

Is there anyone that can give me sort of a play-by-play on these two incidents? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I was surprised that Gary won by that margin. I figured his lack of good jokes, and Ant's high energy would've made it alot closer.
    I thought so, too. I only saw the last bit of the show - part way through Gary's set, but I was underwhelmed by the driving and oreo jokes. I wondered if I had missed the good part at the beginning. But I didn't think Ant was especially hilarious, either. I guess that's why I don't really watch the show, but just read recaps here. Well, that and I get sick of all the filthy language, even if it is bleeped out.

FORT Fogey
    I thought Gary's mom-driving jokes were very stupid imo... I have told jokes similar to that, and if I can do that well, then he shouldn't be up on the stage, cause a stand-up comedian, I am not...

Re-reading that, I'm not sure it makes sense... but I will try to clarify if other people can't make sense of it... truth be told, I'm too darn lazy right now

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Well, I hate to mention this, Fleming, but if both your parents have brown eyes and yours are blue and you ever had a milkman...

Actually he should worry if he brown eyes and his parents both have blue then he would really be in trouble. Its possible for brown eyed parents to have blue eyed child but not blue eyed parents having a brown eyed child.

FORT Fogey
    Alright... man am I ever sorry I ever brought that up... how bout you stop talking about that, and move back to the show :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread