+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If YOU were in control...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I know last season I thought AT FIRST that the house stuff was going to be boring and annoying--but I actually found myself really enjoying that portion of the show, and wanting more, more, more...
    Me too, P.

At this rate, though I think I'll have to get my fix of "more, more, more. . . " from BB5.

I couldn't agree more about losing Mohr. I'm a poet and I don't know it, my feet show it. . . . ah, nevermind!
    Last edited by WickedGood; 07-04-2004 at 06:33 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    ]
    Some people found Tammy and Ant to be highly obnoxious' while others realized that the "drama" is highly exaggerated for effect and perhaps for more "on-camera" time.
    No hiding your opinion, is there...?

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    No hiding your opinion, is there...?
    Was I THAT obvious?
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMack
    There's a reason why some people get shown more in the house, and that is because they are simply being more entertaining. This isn't 10 Comics Get Equal Air Time. NBC is trying to put together the most entertaining possible show and since some comedians are more serious than others, they will get less air time.

This, of course, is from last year, but it might help clarify: I heard from a pretty "reliable source" ( ) that there is a lot of competition in the house for airtime. These people are, or aspire to be, celebs and will fight for camera time. Remember last year's bathtub scene? Just a shameless cry for attention. Or so I've been told. Same with the scene outside, where the "coalition" got a little pushy with Dat Phan.

Just something for consideration.
    Last edited by J.D.; 07-05-2004 at 07:04 AM.

Well for people looking for more equal air time... With Todd Glass gone, we won't have to keep seeing clips of him being obnoxious, so that should give you more time... given its only an hour show, we have 10 people in the house, plus the competitions (the minis and the head to head) there is limited airtime.. as people start dwindling down, I think we will see more from them... keep in mind too, alot of the people are not getting air time on purpose, they are trying to stay under the radar, kind of like Geoff last year.. and it almost worked until he finally showed up and pissed some people off...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    This, of course, is from last year, but it might help clarify: I heard from a pretty "reliable source" ( ) that there is a lot of competition in the house for airtime. These people are, or aspire to be, celebs and will fight for camera time. Remember last year's bathtub scene? Just a shameless cry for attention. Or so I've been told. Same with the scene outside, where the "coalition" got a little pushy with Dat Phan.

Just something for consideration.
    I've heard this too, JD, which is why I believe the whole "Mafia" thing this year and even the big N word scene are manipulative moves to get more air time and to lend some drama to the show. Someone said in a different thread that that the "drama" makes for great "water cooler" fodder (I agree), which, in turn, makes for better show ratings, so it makes perfect sense that the house guests would want to "embellish."
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

About Geoff Brown...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    keep in mind too, alot of the people are not getting air time on purpose, they are trying to stay under the radar, kind of like Geoff last year.. and it almost worked until he finally showed up and pissed some people off...
    Actually, according to Cory & Dave, Geoff was constantly hamming it up in front of the cameras last year...trying to be outrageous and over the top... This annoyed both the people in the house and the producers who asked him to tone it down...he didn't.

Every single moment of that must have ended up on the editing room floor.

He ended up making people mad because he was, by reputation, considered to be one of the better comics in last year's house...talked really big...was included in Coalition plans...and then voted for someone other than who the Coalition chose. Then, when it came time to finally prove himself, he got legitimately beat by Dat.

D'oh!

pg--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by DrMack
    There's a reason why some people get shown more in the house, and that is because they are simply being more entertaining. This isn't 10 Comics Get Equal Air Time. NBC is trying to put together the most entertaining possible show and since some comedians are more serious than others, they will get less air time.
    I'm not entirely sure if the most entertaining comics are being shown. I remember in an earlier episode Todd was commenting on how he enjoyed being around other comics who like to be silly and have a good time. He then said he has fun with Bonnie, Gary and John. This leads me to believe that John and Gary are entertaining in the house. If that's the case I wish they would get more air time, I like them both. Hell, even if Gary didn't utter one word the entire time he was in the house, he still deserves quite a bit of air time. Keeping a face(and body ) like that off of television is just wrong
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    Couldn't agree more about losing Mohr. I'm a poet and I don't know it, my feet show it. . . . ah, nevermind!
    I
    I just want to set the record straight regarding my feelings about Jay Mohr. I like him. I like him a great deal, in fact.

He was on On Air with Ryan Seaquest a week or so ago, talking about his new book Gasping for Air Time. I found him funny, spontaneous and extremely likeable.

His bouts with a panic disorder and anxiety attacks make him eminently human in my eyes. And it sounds to me like he has paid his (comedic) dues through his trials & tribulations during his stint with SNL, and I respect him a great deal for that.

And again, he is (to the best of my knowledge) the brains behind LCS. And being that the show was his brainchild, I guess in my mind that gives him certain privileges as regards the show’s format, “casting,” etc.

That being said, I just don’t think he should use the show as a vehicle to present/promote his own standup on a weekly basis. That is time that could be used for more house or contest clips. Frankly, the sets he has done this year have seemed so forced and not very funny. He does remarkably spot-on impersonations, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of that, but not as part of the weekly show. It was kind of fun to hear his warmup at last season’s finale…and I think he should have saved his “schtick” for this year’s finale as well. It just seems “Mohr” appropriate.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I agree about Jay Mohr- he's not funny at all- his routines are embarrassing- slow and dull- he's annoying- this is the only way Jay can do his stand-up act, by forcing people to watch it because they want to see something else. All that "baby" stuff- just terrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast