+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw Dat's Act in Vegas on 6/29

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

I saw Dat's Act in Vegas on 6/29

I don't know if this is legal or not to post about last year's contestant on this year's forum (if so, John please feel free to delete or move), but I just saw Dat in Vegas. Now, mind you I was a big fan of his last year and was horribly disappointed when I realized that the kid has about 9 minutes of material, but I had to give him props for a great night. Yeah, he re-used about 60% of the same stuff we've all seen and heard many times before, but after seeing him live, I understand why he beat Dave. He's extremely likeable and charimatic live. You can't help but like and root for him. I found myself laughing at his same jokes like they were being told for the first time. He has charisma and kind of sparkled up there on stage-- as corny as that sounded. I found myself enjoying his set immensely and I only wish him the best of luck I thought he was great. I mean he's no Chris Rock, by any stretch, but I was entertained and laughed quite a bit.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I understand why he beat Dave. He's extremely likeable and charimatic live. You can't help but like and root for him.
    Be fair now, D! I do respect your opinion, and I'm glad you had a good time at Dat's show. However, have you seen Dave live? (Just for comparison) His comedy is fall-out-of-the-chair funny, and you'll never meet a more likeable fella. And charisma up the wazoo, too.

Dat is pretty likeable. And I still say, he's ten times better than Ant.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Be fair now, D! I do respect your opinion, and I'm glad you had a good time at Dat's show. However, have you seen Dave live? (Just for comparison) His comedy is fall-out-of-the-chair funny, and you'll never meet a more likeable fella. And charisma up the wazoo, too.
    Maybe Dave had an off-night during their H2H.. I'm not really being a fair judge, because I've never seen Dave live, but I had to give Dat Phan my props. He deserves his success.

And nice to see ya babe!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Sorry dvm... Even if it was a free show, I really honestly would probably make excuses to miss it.
    I really, honestly do not find him funny.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

PSi
    more power to you. you're one of the few dat supporters who admit it.

Hug me!
    well.. let just say.. if Dat is so damn unfunny and no only he beat Dave and he WON LSC1.. then.. the rest of the LCS members must really really BAD.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Regular
    "well.. let just say.. if Dat is so damn unfunny and no only he beat Dave and he WON LSC1.. then.. the rest of the LCS members must really really BAD."

No, it means that the producers must be running the show. He's all hype, little substance. That's why he never even got a pilot made.

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenFan#205
    well.. let just say.. if Dat is so damn unfunny and no only he beat Dave and he WON LSC1.. then.. the rest of the LCS members must really really BAD.
    how about actually watching the show before commenting on it?

FORT Regular
    One of the best put downs on "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn" was when both Dat Phan and Rich Vos were on the show. I was surprised, Quinn treated Dat like he was his nephew or something and was real protective of him. Vos was bombing as usual. In fact he had a few more bombs than usual, it was bad. The only time he got a good laugh was when he made fun of Dat, obviously. But finally as the first segment ended and he let go with another failed joke, one of the other guys stood up and shook Dat's hand and said, "You know, you really did win that contest" It killed. Everybody Laughed.

Dat did his mother's voice a whole bunch and Patrice was ragging him big time. Though, Dat wound up making one of the best laughs ever done on the show. Though he did have help. This guy is a great performer and if given good material could go far. I guess so far he hasn't gotten a good material though.
    http://www.comedycentral.com/mp/play.php?reposid=/multimedia/colinquinn/ep1113.html
    You'll need Real Player and it should just start up automatically. Funny stuff and see how many laughs Vos gets vs Dat.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast