+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Attendance at the 6/29 Taping

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27
    Jay says the percentage. Then they cut it and paste in whoever had the most from the beginning shot. Hope that made sense......
    So the percentage is made up and filmed before the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27
    Jay says the percentage. Then they cut it and paste in whoever had the most from the beginning shot. Hope that made sense......
    Yeah, I think it does.

So they shoot 2 endings, where each contestant is named the winner, then the comics perform, then the audience votes, then Jay comes out and says "By a margin of 55%.....", and then the audience goes home. Right?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, I think it does.

So they shoot 2 endings, where each contestant is named the winner, then the comics perform, then the audience votes, then Jay comes out and says "By a margin of 55%.....", and then the audience goes home. Right?
    Doh, that does make sense. Why did I have to be born pretty instead of smart?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pizzaz
    Doh, that does make sense. Why did I have to be born pretty instead of smart?
    We all have our cross to bear!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

sorry been away for awhile. but here are some answers to questions.

The film the results before hand saying, "With 51% of the results, so and so wins" and then the other way. The way I understand it, after the audience leaves, they bring all three up there and then film it with Jay announcing who the true winner is. So any shot of the results with the audience in it is filmed before the comics do their act. Closeups were probably filmed after the audience left.

They never told us the margin of votes, so I found out it was 55% when I was watching it on TV the first time.

They do not let people attend more than one taping. The reason I was given is because one comic might be in more than one head to head. So if you had gone to the Gary v. Ant taping and then the Gary v. Jay London taping, you would obviously know that Gary beat Ant and you now had spoiler information.

And the reason why I didn't come on here in March is because I was going crazy over America's Next Top Model and the limited amount I could be online was devoted to that forum .

Phew! I need to check back here more often

I had heard that from last year they taped both as winners, but did not know it was at the beginning- I mean, it makes sense- or else people would now. I wonder when they are told, though-

I don't understand WHY they would tape a comic winning first and add in the percentages. Do you know why? (maybe it was said, but i didnt get it...) could someone explain this to me?
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Someone said and it sounds logical that they don't want the comic's act affecting the applause - alot of applause after might tip the audience who actually won at the end- this way the audience goes home in the dark not knowing which way the vote went and won't spill it on the internet, even though that is pretty moot from now once since 1) an insider already spilled it all on this board before the show started and 2) it will all be live next season and the viewers will vote each time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123