+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

navycake, that wasn't real? I was busting out laughing. It sounds just like Ant.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    John Heffron, when he wasn't crying, looked scared most of the time.
    Ant, when he wasn't crying, looked pissed most of the time.
    Corey went just a little overboard, AND he let a queen turn him into a drama queen.
    Tammy, well, hello? draaaama.

The funniest moments came from those who were calm, imo.
    The rip in the crotch of Jay London's pants.
    Alonzo's prison shirt for the tour.
    Gary telling John to keep drinking water to avoid dehydration from all the crying.
    The reference to the show being like 'the real world"
    Though we often disagree, Touque, I have to say I'm mostly with you on this one.

I didn't really think Ant looked pissed most of the time; I actually thought he was pretty reserved (with the exception of the Ant/Corey dispute). But your Corey line was hilarious and spot-on!!!

I also thought Tammy behaved herself.

BUT...I, too, LOVED Alonzo's prison shirt and his opening on the bus, Jay's show of modesty and Gary's quip to "Heff."

I also liked Ant smoking and Todd "sleeping" during a yoga/relaxation exercise; Todd's comment to "Heff"; Todd's 'infomercial" interlude and Ant's bit about Dolly Parton's place.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Fuzzy math?

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby
    There were a hundred people in the audience, that means there was only a difference of 8 votes.
    100 people
    54 voted for Tammy
    46 voted for Todd...

That's only 4 votes different, actually...because if 4 of Tammy's votes were instead given to Todd, it'd be tied.

pg

Well, John and Ant weren't the only people crying last night. I was somewhat melancholy myself, missing the hilarity of last season's LCS.

I guess I'm glad Tammy won last night, not that I find Todd unfunny, he was just really annoying me.

And I am in no way, shape, or form an Ant fan, but I did find him more entertaining on the bus tour than any of the others.

Will somebody wake me up when the funny stuff starts?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

more fuzzy math?

I'm the last person on this planet that will say I understand mathematic gobbely-gook, but I believe Tammy won with 55% of the votes (not 54%). Wouldn't that mean she won by 10 more votes, if there were exactly 100 people voting?

55 people (55%) voted for Tammy; 45 people (45%) voted for Todd. So if she did have 55 votes to Todd's 45, she actually won by 10 people, or 10% of the vote. YECH....I HATE THIS BRAIN STUFF.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I'm the last person on this planet that will say I understand mathematic gobbely-gook, but I believe Tammy won with 55% of the votes (not 54%). Wouldn't that mean she won by 10 more votes, if there were exactly 100 people voting?
    You are right, it was 55% which means if 100 people voted 6 votes made the difference.

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    You are right, it was 55% which means if 100 people voted 6 votes made the difference.
    Those 6 were right! I prefer Todd's humour, but I prefer to laugh (or at least
    smile) and Tammy made that happen last night. She deserved those 6 votes.
    It was close, but she won and she should have.
    A terrible beauty is born

Quote Originally Posted by navycake
    BARRY KATZ, 50, head of a medium-sized artists management company, sits in his high-backed, leather chair, bending paper clips into cheap sculpture.
    I just love this imagery!

But, Navycake, SOOOO much "Ant"-imosity!!

I think Ant adds "spice" to the show, and certain spices give certain people heartburn; while others find them the perfect solution to an otherwise bland dish.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Personally, that's why I thought Alonza didn't get mad. Ant really didn't actually use the term in conversation. Basically, he was trying to highlight the characteristics of the word that make it so offensive and unusable. In some sense, he was doing exactly the opposite of what Corey was accusing him of. In other words, he wasn't nonchalantly using an offensive term; rather, he was paying respect to exactly how terrible a term it is and that "fag" (or whatever word it was) should be considered similarly.[/QUOTE]

As an African American I can tell you that we find it very offensive when Homesexual Community to uses the "N" word as a compairson to Racial Slurs hurld at them about their sexual orientation. The "N" word comes with such historical meaning, that it not insults us as a people but our Ancestors as well, and it would take me way to long to explain more in detail. We do not believe any way that these two should ever! ever! be put in the same catagory, and as for Alonso being black and not saying anything, his reaction supported his persona. But thank god for the Corey's of the world who was willing to let it be known that its not exceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by krstlfethr
    What really is the point of playing "Who is the Most Oppressed?"?

I wasn't aware that we were but since you brought it up, I thought that the readers would like to get a little insite as to why Corey may have reacted the way he did and being an African American, I felt the need to give a little background.

+ Reply to Thread