+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My only thing is that Ant should've said "the N word" instead of the full word. I certainly don't think he's a racist, but he could be more considerate. After all, he didn't even say the c word when Bonnie said it. Seems odd to me.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

well all I know is I'm looking forward to some fun in the house. I imagine Ant and Corey taking a bubble bath together, smoking some fat cigars, then, as one, turning to look at the camera with surprise and horror showing on their faces while Corey scrambles out of the bathtub. Talk about shock value. We need to have either more humor or more shock coming into/from the house. I know we're not supposed to bring up last year, but I'm waiting for Ralphie to come out and play!

FORT Fogey
    AI, I think Ant used the actual word because the word faggot was said. He was stung and irritated. He went for the shock value of saying, aloud, a word everyone has come to view as horrible. I doubt he gave this much thought, he was reacting. His point is that faggot is every bit as degrading, bigoted and vile to homosexuals.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-30-2004 at 12:46 PM.

Good point, Dogbat. I just wish I knew what the context was, but that seems likely. They do that on the Real World (reveal the context), when the word is uttered, but not here. I just hope Ant and Corey can be civil, and they probably will be as they were laughing a day later.

About John Heffron crying, I think that if he can make it to the final 5, he has an even better shot of winning, because he felt terrible for what he did. He admitted that he made a mistake by being bullied into voting for Bonnie. America loves it when people admit that they are sorry and show remorse. Some people on this board and others like it did not like that he caved into voting for Bonnie, his friend. This should appease them.

He then made the speech about how he is not going to vote with any alliance anymore that he is the lone wolf. America in my opinion, does not like alliances and therefore he and other non-alliance members might garner more votes that way. Who are we down to now- Gary, John, and Corey. Those people are definately going to be targets but I think they might be funnier than some of the alliance members (Ant, Tammy, and Jay). So it will be interesting to how this plays out.

seriously though the rest of the house has not put forth any entertainment. Todd atleast did bits that made me laugh, like the knife bit. Everybody else is just sitting around reading. What fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Well, you won't catch me crying over Todd. He was a pain in the ass and I found his standup to be a total snooze. So Pescatellli isn't "hard to follow", huh? :phhht
    Exactly. Jokes about toothpaste and deodorant? Puuuleeeeez.

I thought Ant's tour was hilarious. To me it was obviously made up, but maybe it wasn't obvious to the tourists?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    John H. may have sealed his own fate in the eyes of some of the others by declaring "From now on I'm a lone wolf, I won't be part of any group voting."
    Probably not. Look at the vote last night. It was 3-3-1-1-1. That's a pretty spread-out vote. It looks like a lot of people are using the lone-wolf strategy.
    -- Flash

Personally, I thought Todd was much funnier than Tammy last night. Mostly because I noticed he mostly used material that he hasn't used before. Obviously, the audience doesn't know that, but I did.

I don't know. Tammy was funny, don't get me wrong, I just liked Todd's set better. I thought he had it in the bag. I would totally go and see his stand up if he ever came to Denver.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Probably not. Look at the vote last night. It was 3-3-1-1-1. That's a pretty spread-out vote. It looks like a lot of people are using the lone-wolf strategy.
    I loved the evil glare Alonzo gave John during the voting. Ha-ha! I want to see more spread out votes. I'm sick of the alliances!

+ Reply to Thread