+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Andrealle
    By the way, is Heffron the next Dat Phan?
    No, cause unlike Dat Phan Heffron is actually funny.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIer_admirer
    Not me! I was starting to like him. He's not one of my favorites, but Tammy rubs me the wrong way. The only bonus for Todd being gone is maybe now they'll give some airtime to other people instead of the Ant-Tammy show. I wanna see more London and Alonzo.

"Oh, and Ant, never say that word. I give him props for being man enough to apologize.

never said what word? the N word?we never HEARD the word but clearly he used the word via reference, which we never heard, but clearly upset Corey. Sorry , I believe that Corey is a level cool headed, classy fellow and he would not have reacted if the reference was not clearly offensive. , Shame on Ant, he deserves no props
    Did anyone else notice how when Ant (supposedly) said the 'N' word (since we never heard the word) it pissed off Corey (who is black), but not Alonzo (who is also black)? It kinda makes me wonder seeing as the African American community gets pretty mad whenever someone uses the 'N' word like Ant (supposedly) did. I mean, why wouldn't Alonzo get pissed off at hearing someone use the 'N' word like that... especially in his presence?

Speaking of Alonzo, I notice that a lot of people are saying that the show isnt going to be funny anymore. Well, that could be true, but lets not forget that the few (I cant stress that word enough) times weve seen Alonzo on, hes been hilarious. The shirt he wore on the bus was histerical. Also, in the preview for the upcoming show, the joke he made during the roast was funny too (OK, so weve heard it before, but I still thought it was funny). For me, waiting for Alonzo to actually get on camera and say/do something funny will keep my hopes up for this show

FORT Fan
    Hi Old friends!
    This is the first LCS I have watched this season so I don't know any background info. I did think Tammy was the funniest. Todd (never seen him before tonigh) needed to slow down. he looked like a bundle of nerves. And what was up with his total shock at being voted off??

Good to "see" all my old FORT friends again

I actually thought Todd was at his funniest tonight. But of course, that isn't good enough. Kind of neat to see a true showdown of who the house thought was the least funny.
    Yea I know. For me, Todd is kinda like beer. When you get your first experience, youre like... "this is pretty gross." But later on youre like ... "this is some funny ****!" Todd won me over with this (sadly his final) episode. He was just on with his on camera house appearences. The bit with the knives was great. And I loved how he pretended to fall asleep during the voting session. It was a letdown to see Todd go... although if this show is anything like last season, we might not have seen the last of Todd (which might upset some of you

Ant really IS acting like this is a normal reality show, where the prize at the end is more important then the general impression you make.

What an idiot, just for that. If people don't like you... you become the next Dat Phan. Except at least a few people liked Dat. Who voted a lot.
    Well, whether its a lotta people, or a few people who voted a lot, I cannot see how Ant could win this thing (assuming he actually makes it to the final 5). Of course, people said the same thing about Dat Phan and he won. But what I see distinguishing Dat from Ant is likeability. Ok, obviously Krom despises Dat, as opposed to a lot of people on here who just plain dont like him. But if this show is actually NOT rigged ... I dont see Ant getting the sympathy vote like Dat did. Most people dont seem to like Dat here, but apparently America did... at least enough to vote for him. So that shows SOME likeability.

But after seeing Ant's actions tonite (assuming people remember them), I dont see Ant getting that sympathy vote. He seems so preoccupied with pushing peoples buttons that, much like Krom mentioned, strategy can only get you so far. How do you vote for someone who, on the one hand, expresses discomfort and calls it unfair that Corey acts homophobic around Ant (who is gay), but on the other hand, expresses a similar bias and phobia towards African Americans by (intentionally and supposedly) using the 'N' word. To me, that just comes off as hypocrytical. Ok, maybe the same could be said for a number of people on this show... but none of them have used the same racial overtones as Ant did... and to me, that is going to cost him in the end (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    John H. may have sealed his own fate in the eyes of some of the others by declaring "From now on I'm a lone wolf, I won't be part of any group voting."

I like that guy, and I hope Tammy and her goons don't turn on John H. because he took that stand.

I don't blame him for doing it; he was a voluntary part of the group that voted against Bonnie and he was bummmmmed out with where that decision took him.
    I give mad props to John H for taking a stand and being an individual

Of course, this immediately sets him up as a (most likely) target for the next show's voting booth, seeing as both groups will likely realize that they both have something to gain by voting him off.

With that, I wish him well

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I actually thought Tammy was very good, I liked the Amish roller blading joke.
    So did I. Todd was also better than I had expected, but I really cannot stand him.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    So did I. Todd was also better than I had expected, but I really cannot stand him.
    I appreciate the Amish roller blader joke, because I saw an arab girl in full dress and head wrap on roller blades one time. It was just so bizarre. I thought they were both very good, and I despise Todd. He just seemed like he wanted to move on, while before his act always seemed half-hearted.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by happy bull
    Speaking of Alonzo, I notice that a lot of people are saying that the show isnt going to be funny anymore. Well, that could be true, but lets not forget that the few (I cant stress that word enough) times weve seen Alonzo on, hes been hilarious. The shirt he wore on the bus was histerical. Also, in the preview for the upcoming show, the joke he made during the roast was funny too (OK, so weve heard it before, but I still thought it was funny). For me, waiting for Alonzo to actually get on camera and say/do something funny will keep my hopes up for this show

Alonzo has been funny on stage, but never said one funny thing in the house. Since the house is what we see the most of, and Todd was the only one that was entertaining in the house, I think that is why people feel the show won't be funny. Unless Ant and John cry every week, I don't think I will have anything to laugh at. I thought Todd had the better set tonight and he re-used one or two jokes, but everything else sounded new to me. Everything Tammy said was repeated, and not funny to me the second time.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

UghhÖI didnít think it was possible for Ant to get more annoying. I canít wait for him to go so this soap opera saga will end. And now with Todd gone, that probably means more airtime and spotlight on Ant. Leave it to the guy to win a challenge on LCS by not actually telling any jokes. Ant should feel lucky Corey showed some restraint when he used the n-word. It turned out to be one the more tame racially heated moments in reality tv. Try making that comment in front of Omarosa, Ant, come on I double dare ya!

Whatís up with all of a sudden bringing back immunity in the second week? I like and dislike immunity. Itís good because it makes the game more competitive, strategic. But I didnít like how it carried Tess to the final 5 last year. My suggestion for season 3 would be to keep the immunity challenges, but not allow someone to win immunity in back-to-back weeks.

If Ant hadnít won immunity, we wouldíve gotten the matchup that I think a lot of us wouldíve wanted to see- Ant versus Todd. Oh well, Ant should be on the chopping block next week, assuming the immunity challenge requires actually being funny. Especially after Tammy won her battle, Ant is the one most vulnerable if he continues to hide behind the alliance.

Although I didnít care much for his standup act, I was rooting for Todd cause he was the only one in the house who wasnít taking this competition so seriously. Loved the infomercial bit he did in the kitchen. That was funnier than anything in his act. Considering that the crowd doesnít have Tammyís entire mafia queen act memorized verbatim, I canít blame them for voting for her.

Gary, John, Jay, Alonzo, Kathleen- where were you guys tonight? Come on, youíre on a tv show. Do something, say something interesting. You do want to be entertainers, right?

+ Reply to Thread