+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just For Fun...Who would you "pair up" based on comedic style, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by KatieKat
    You can keep your Gulman and Heffron, Pitkatsso, but Mordal is ALL MINE! heh heh heh. I'm off to find some Skittles and rainbows now....
    Oh no no no....do they have a Smiley for "THIS MEANS WAR"? (Is THAT allowed in the rules? (guess they need an "angry woman" smiley, too!)
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-25-2004 at 03:12 PM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

You can keep your Gulman and Heffron, Pitkatsso, but Mordal is ALL MINE! heh heh heh. I'm off to find some Skittles and rainbows now....

Oh suuuuuuure, KatieKat...now that you have relieved the Alzheimer's temporarily, you think I'm going to feel beholdin' to ya....NO WAY...HE'S STILL MINE!!!

Seriously, though...THANKS! Was driving me CRAZY, and the funniest part is that I'm going to see Gabriel Iglesias (WONDERFUL COMEDIAN...HILARIOUS!!!!) with a girl named Gallagher tomorrow night!!! I really do have the dementia goin' on!!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

The watermelon guy is Gallagher. Hope that helps!
    Oooops...now I can't even get the right quote with my comments...(See comment below)!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Jay London - in a triple header with Steven Wright and Rodney Dangerfield.
    Ant - someone one note... maybe Dat Phan?
    Bonnie McFarlane – Brett Butler. Brett herself made the comparison.
    Alonzo Bodden – haven't seen enough of him yet to know
    Corey Holcomb – Bernie Mac
    Tammy Pescatelli – not for language, but in fact, Andrew Dice Clay is indeed one of the only other comics I know who consistently joked about "whacking" people
    Kathleen Madigan – Jay Leno, sure. Schimmel is too out there. Leno is white bread America and so is Madigan, love it or hate it. I'd say Elayne Boozler, because of the style, but really Madigan isn't bad enough to deserve her. Is Carol Leifer still working?
    Todd Glass – Robin Williams isn't bad--if he still did stand-up.
    John Heffron – Jerry Seinfeld. Maybe Rita Rudner.
    Gary Gulman – Someone boring. I have to see a bit more to say who.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-25-2004 at 05:19 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Jay London - in a triple header with Steven Wright and Rodney Dangerfield.
    Ant - someone one note... maybe Dat Phan?
    Bonnie McFarlane – Brett Butler. Brett herself made the comparison.
    Alonzo Bodden – haven't seen enough of him yet to know
    Corey Holcomb – Bernie Mac
    Tammy Pescatelli – not for language, but in fact, Andrew Dice Clay is indeed one of the only other comics I know who consistently joked about "whacking" people
    Kathleen Madigan – Jay Leno, sure. Schimmel is too out there. Leno is white bread America and so is Madigan, love it or hate it. I'd say Elayne Boozler, because of the style, but really Madigan isn't bad enough to deserve her. Is Carol Leifer still working?
    Todd Glass – Robin Williams isn't bad--if he still did stand-up.
    John Heffron – Jerry Seinfeld. Maybe Rita Rudner.
    Gary Gulman – Someone boring. I have to see a bit more to say who.
    I was so hoping you would post here, Krom...couldn't wait to read your response. Got a kick out of Tammy's match-up with ADC (still laughing, in fact!!!!).

Well, I'm also cracking up because I was actually being sillier than you gave me credit for (thanks!) But what I actually meant by "pairing up" was like boy/girl, girl/boy or boy/boy (in Ant's case)...you know...mates, but based on their comedic stylings.

But since you went and took the high road, I'll give my unsolicited opinions on your pairings anyway...

Jay London/Steven Wright/Rodney D: Definitely!
    Ant/Dat Phan:
    Bonnie & Clyde...I mean, Brett:
    Corey & Bernie: Yes
    Tammy: Still laughing...
    Kathleen/Leno: In line with my original concept for this thread, we'll stick with a guy, because she's not Bonnie
    Todd/Robin: Doesn't RW still do those Whoopie Goldberg save the Saharan whales thing? That was not at all nice of me...it has something to do with world hunger (i think) and that really is no laughing matter.
    Heffron/Rudner: EXCELLENT! Like them both SO much!
    Gulman/Someone Boring.... ME!!!!!

Thanks for adding to the thread, Krom!
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-25-2004 at 06:20 PM.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Hmmm? I missed "mate", but that list is tougher because there are so many male contestants and (if we stick with comedians) not many female comics. I can try.

Jay London - his hand.
    Ant - That Mark Harris guy who "married" Martha Raye for her money. Technically not a comedian, but he's so over the top he might as well be.
    Bonnie McFarlane – half the comedy circuit
    Alonzo Bodden – Debra Wilson, who was on Mad-TV
    Corey Holcomb – Mo'nique.
    Tammy Pescatelli – still, Dice Clay. They'd yell at each other until they fell unconscious.
    Kathleen Madigan – Oh, Jay Leno, still works.
    Todd Glass – Judy Tenuda.
    John Heffron – let Bonnie defile him, if she hasn't already. Or Brett B. Rudner would be too nice to him.
    Gary Gulman – Paula Poundstone (too old for him though and she has child troubles), or toss him to Rita Rudner. To me the guy looks so helpless, he probably needs someone to be the adult (although in Poundstone's case that might be a mistake).
    Last edited by Krom; 06-25-2004 at 06:53 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Jay London - his hand.

As for Mordal, he's been mine since the very first episode he appeared in for LCS1. But hey, I'm possibly willing to share him...let's see, he's open on Monday nights from 5:00 to 5:01 pm... :rolleyes
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Skittles and rainbows - awwww, that brings back memories! Remember when he caught that rat?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm? I missed "mate", but that list is tougher because there are so many male contestants and (if we stick with comedians) not many female comics. I can try.

Jay London - his hand.
    Ant - That Mark Harris guy who "married" Martha Raye for her money. Technically not a comedian, but he's so over the top he might as well be.
    Bonnie McFarlane – half the comedy circuit
    Alonzo Bodden – Debra Wilson, who was on Mad-TV
    Corey Holcomb – Mo'nique.
    Tammy Pescatelli – still, Dice Clay. They'd yell at each other until they fell unconscious.
    Kathleen Madigan – Oh, Jay Leno, still works.
    Todd Glass – Judy Tenuda.
    John Heffron – let Bonnie defile him, if she hasn't already. Or Brett B. Rudner would be too nice to him.
    Gary Gulman – Paula Poundstone (too old for him though and she has child troubles), or toss him to Rita Rudner. To me the guy looks so helpless, he probably needs someone to be the adult (although in Poundstone's case that might be a mistake).
    Krom, Krom, Krom…I need your home address so that I can forward you my emergency room bill!!!! I laughed so hard at some of these that I think I literally busted a gut (is that how that goofy expression goes??)

Anyway, here goes:

JayLo/his hand: :nono That was SOOOO mean…

Ant/Mark Harris: I don’t know who Mark Harris is…or Martha Raye either, for that matter *has been living in a cave with JayLo for too long!!!*

Okay…now for my VERY favorite: “Bonnie McFarlane/half the comedy circuit” (I need say no Mohr…I mean, more)

Alonzo/Debra Wilson: Don’t really know Debra Wilson, either…but if she is attractive and self-confident on stage with a really strong presence and delivery, she’ll work

Corey/Mo’nique: PERFECT!!!!!!

Tammy/Dice, Dice Baby: Okay, okay…I’ll relent. (But I still insist that Dice and Bonnie could make “beautiful poetry” together, e.g.:

Dare once wuz a lady called “C”…
    Who insisted on bakin’ a bundt
    She washed clothes in da nude
    While attendin’ her brood…

Oh…you get the idea!) Note to Krom: You may have finally succeeded in provoking me far enough to get myself kicked off the forum with this one!!! ...

Kathleen/JayL(en)O: Still works for me

Todd/Judy Tenuda: If she’s the chick with the accordian, this was SHEER GENIUS!!!!

John Heffron/Bonnie or Brett: Are you trying to intimate something here? (lol)

Gary Gulman/Paula Poundstone: Yeahhhhh, yeahhhhhhhh…that’s the ticket!
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-26-2004 at 01:56 PM.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by saltyj

As for Mordal, he's been mine since the very first episode he appeared in for LCS1. But hey, I'm possibly willing to share him...let's see, he's open on Monday nights from 5:00 to 5:01 pm... :rolleyes
    Well, I for one like a guy to be quick about it!!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast