+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Castle De Comedy

  1. #1
    FORT Fogey Jahim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Still looking for Forever Eden
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,333

    Castle De Comedy

    Whats with the castle? who thought that would really emphasize funny by throwing them in a very short looking castle? and then the inside is just awkward looking too... Personally the first season in terms of enviroment was MUCH better...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

  2. #2
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    As I said in the episode thread, I kept expecting Harry, Ron and Hermoine to show up.

    The first season house was kind of lame too though. Very typical California reality-show. At least it LOOKED like virtually every other house they've put people in during one of these things. The one they keep showing in the "Next Action Star" promos looks like it might even BE the former LCS house.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  3. #3
    Pillow Biting Pundit navycake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    39
    One thing about last year's house that I could not stand was the huge poster size photos of all the comics they plastered the walls with.

    Reminded me of the old SCTV "station" set in Melonville, where every corridor was lined with gigantic photos of the network's "stars" like Johnny LaRue and Edith Prickly, etc.

    If I had to live in that house and pass huge photos of Dat Phan and that Medusa-headed, tacky fur coat-wearing blonde every day, I think I'd begin to question whether or not I'd died and gone to my own personal hell.
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

  4. #4
    It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    But being blue is more work.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,952
    The house has such a strong "former porn" vibe that when Jahim said "Ron", I thought he meant Ron Jeremy.

    Note: I've never seen any of Ron's work. I only know of him because he's my cousin's brother-in-law.

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey AIer_admirer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    That state that's split up by the bay
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by navycake
    One thing about last year's house that I could not stand was the huge poster size photos of all the comics they plastered the walls with.

    Reminded me of the old SCTV "station" set in Melonville, where every corridor was lined with gigantic photos of the network's "stars" like Johnny LaRue and Edith Prickly, etc.

    If I had to live in that house and pass huge photos of Dat Phan and that Medusa-headed, tacky fur coat-wearing blonde every day, I think I'd begin to question whether or not I'd died and gone to my own personal hell.
    NBC seems to be picture happy. If you watch Love or Money 3, you'll see what I mean. Maybe they watched America's Next Top Model and borrowed the idea.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

  6. #6
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    The Surreal Life might have been first with this concept.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  7. #7
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    I think the decorator of this place had to have been smokin' something while on an LSD trip. I would describe it as retro-hippie with a post-modernist 70's flavor and gothic geek influence.

    I mean, really...some of the contestants have these itsy-bitsy rooms just large enough for 2 (Corey & Ant); (Heffron & London) that are decorated in extremely bizarre, sleep/relaxation-repellent fashion (one, some putrid shade of chartreuse and the other "redrum"-red.) HIDEOUS!!! If I were any of these guys I would protest BIG time! And the other 3 guys get a HUGE "chamber," with enough room to sleep all 10 (now 9) contestants, but strangely furnished with one bed and a set of bunkbeds????

    Okay, I know this is supposed to be a comedy show...but the inside of the house is as over the top and hyper as Todd Glass's behavior!
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-29-2004 at 01:17 AM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  8. #8
    D'oh chowderr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    this..isn't..gattaca
    Age
    39
    Posts
    68
    Goth House + Bunk Beds = Hilarious Results

    The producers really do know what their doing.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

  9. #9
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by chowderr
    Goth House + Bunk Beds = Hilarious Results

    The producers really do know what their doing.
    Well I'm just wondering...if they furnished last year's house with a rat...what do they have in store for these poor folk? Casper the Ghost? Or maybe Scooby Doo will appear to help with any unsolved mysteries!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  10. #10
    D'oh chowderr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    this..isn't..gattaca
    Age
    39
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Well I'm just wondering...if they furnished last year's house with a rat...what do they have in store for these poor folk? Casper the Ghost? Or maybe Scooby Doo will appear to help with any unsolved mysteries!

    Dat Phan rattling chains under a desk.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.