+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 88

Thread: Tammy Pescatelli, Contestant

  1. #71
    some hyperactive n00b orcus116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    91
    It's funny. One of the only reasons I hate Tammy is because she stole some material from Ralphie but I guess that's just a stupid reason.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,053
    What did she steal from Ralphie? I think it is probably common for comics to come up with similar material independantly.

    Todd ended his set with some pretty common stuff, like the toothpaste tube and deoderant bit.

    We were traveling by car recently with our 3 small dogs. The motels who accept pets say one well behaved dog is allowed. I told my husband that was no problem as we did have one well behaved dog, they said nothing about the other 2. If I were a comic and put that in my act, I am willing to bet someone out there has said that and I would be accused of stealing material.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 07-02-2004 at 07:40 AM.

  3. #73
    some hyperactive n00b orcus116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    91
    That bit about Kobe buying his wife a 4 million dollar ring. Aside from it being extrememly similar in words the way the joke plays out to is almost dead on.

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey overthetop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by orcus116
    It's funny. One of the only reasons I hate Tammy is because she stole some material from Ralphie but I guess that's just a stupid reason.
    that's not a stupid reason. Theft/plagiarism is the ultimate offense in a profession like that. If she really did lift material from another comic, her comic's license should be revoked.

  5. #75
    Cheers sweetie!!! Zaaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    BBC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by orcus116
    It's funny. One of the only reasons I hate Tammy is because she stole some material from Ralphie but I guess that's just a stupid reason.
    What material was it? I don't remember Tammy doing any of Ralphie's material.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

  6. #76
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    What did she steal from Ralphie? I think it is probably common for comics to come up with similar material independantly.

    Todd ended his set with some pretty common stuff, like the toothpaste tube and deoderant bit.

    We were traveling by car recently with our 3 small dogs. The motels who accept pets say one well behaved dog is allowed. I told my husband that was no problem as we did have one well behaved dog, they said nothing about the other 2. If I were a comic and put that in my act, I am willing to bet someone out there has said that and I would be accused of stealing material.
    Well, I LOVE your little dog joke--made me make that sound where you smile with your mouth closed and some noise comes through your sinuses. (Does anyone know the correct term for this???). i suppose I have heard jokes on a similar thought-line, but that kind of humor is really funny to me. (Kind of reminds me of Clouseau's "Does your dog bite?" bit!)

    Oddly, I once dreamt a joke. Even more oddly, I remembered it upon awakening. It went like this:
    Q: How do you get 3 frogs drunk?
    A: You drink them.

    Now, admittedly, no one to whom I have ever told this joke found it the least bit funny. But being the wordmonger I am (whatever that means), I got a kick out of the fact that I came up with a "pun-type" joke in my sleep.

    Aaaaaaanyway...it seems to me that the $4 million joke would suit Tammy better than Ralphie. It wasn't so much the joke itself that made me laugh, as it was the way she told it...I loved the, "Hey, Girlie..." She's got the whiny drone down perfectly.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Enjoying Real Life
    Posts
    5,731

    You Made ME Laugh!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    :Oddly, I once dreamt a joke. Even more oddly, I remembered it upon awakening. It went like this:
    Q: How do you get 3 frogs drunk?
    A: You drink them.
    HAH, HAH, HAH!!! That one GOT ME LAUGHING OUT LOUD, Pikatsso!!!

    It reminds me of the very first joke I ever remembered long enough to be able to repeat. My best friend from childhood, a boy named Eric Schmidt, told it to me when I was 5.

    "How do you escape if an elephant swallows you? Run and run and run and run until you get all pooped out!"

    Eric Schmidt was my neighbor and he lived in a brown house. We kids referred to it as "The Schmidt House."

  8. #78
    Caged Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,815
    Holy crap..you are all killing me. Honestly.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  9. #79
    some hyperactive n00b orcus116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    What material was it? I don't remember Tammy doing any of Ralphie's material.
    The joke is on Ralphie's CD.

  10. #80
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    HAH, HAH, HAH!!! That one GOT ME LAUGHING OUT LOUD, Pikatsso!!!

    It reminds me of the very first joke I ever remembered long enough to be able to repeat. My best friend from childhood, a boy named Eric Schmidt, told it to me when I was 5.

    "How do you escape if an elephant swallows you? Run and run and run and run until you get all pooped out!"

    Eric Schmidt was my neighbor and he lived in a brown house. We kids referred to it as "The Schmidt House."
    Oh, Sweet, Sweet WickeDGood...I knew I liked you the moment I saw that avatar reincarnation of my Twinkie...

    But, I now must confess that I have grave doubts about your sanity ...NOBODY...and I mean NOBODY laughs at my frog joke....but thank you, thank you, thank you...I have added your elephant joke to the (perhaps) 3 other jokes I can ever remember.

    My absolute FAVORITE joke (probably ONLY because it is the ONLY joke I can always remember the punchline to and not screw up every time I relate it) is:

    (Picture joke-teller holding hands out as if carrying a pile of something)

    A Polak walks into a bar (see directions above) and says, "Look what I almost stepped in!"

    Now since I don't want to get kicked out of the forum for not sticking to the thread...I will say that I think Tammy could do that particular joke very well.

    P.S. I hope that Eric and the other members of the now legendary Schmidt House are doing well...
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.