+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Pescatelli, Contestant

FORT Fogey
    I'm Danish with mob envy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I thought the cards were just meant as a courteous gesture too, Pikatsso. And I thought her cussing over Bonnie was meant to be a sort of humourous over-the-top Italian temper thing...I mean, she is a comedian. :rolleyes

I also find it very amusing that all of us Italian chicks are sticking up for Tammy talk about mob mentality.
    about the mob mentality remark...

As for the cussing being a humor thing... I don't think so. Remember in the previous show she was b***hing about Bonnie hanging out with the guys. And when Bonnie got chosen she had a quick remark about Bonnie's cattiness. They weren't impressing me as buddies who were just joking around by any stretch. Even though she is a comedian :rolleyes
    Perhaps the cards were meant to be a courteous gesture... but courtesy and being genuine don't necessarily go hand in hand. For example, there are people in my life I don't like, but I still acknowledge them and treat them with respect, even though I don't like them... but if I were to send them cards... well, I wouldn't blame them for calling it an ingenuine act.
    I'm not saying she's not a nice or sweet person generally, just in this incident that she came off as ingenuine, catty towards Bonnie and foul-mouthed to me . JMO

That being said, I still think she's moderately funny on stage. (that's a compliment btw... )

A handshake with a word of congratulations is courteous. Actually sitting down and penning cards is unusual enough that I can see the recipients not being sure how to take it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Clarification - I actually meant that I thought Tammy was doing a bit of mugging for the camera, going into her Mafia Princess persona when she was ranting about Bonnie. I think the cattiness is part of her schtick as well...it's her hook and she knows how to work it.

I think.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Clarification - I actually meant that I thought Tammy was doing a bit of mugging for the camera, going into her Mafia Princess persona when she was ranting about Bonnie. I think the cattiness is part of her schtick as well...it's her hook and she knows how to work it.

I think.

I agree that when she was ranting about "doing the family" so the person suffers... it was definitely humor based and part of her schtick. But the reason she did it was because she was being pissy toward Bonnie in the first place.

I think

To give her credit, at least she doesn't put me to

FORT Fogey
    BTW, Dutch and also suffering from mob envy, Dogbat.

Dutch and Danish, so uncool really.

FORT Fogey
    Having said all of that I don't think Tammy is all that good and I don't even want to know her. Maybe I don't even have mob envy. In fact I think I have Dutch envy. Amsterdam is very cool.

I got all caught up in how sweet it was for her to hug Jon and Ant. I am a sucker for hugs and cupcakes with pink icing.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-30-2004 at 06:16 PM.

I thought the cards were just meant as a courteous gesture too, Pikatsso. And I thought her cussing over Bonnie was meant to be a sort of humourous over-the-top Italian temper thing...I mean, she is a comedian. :rolleyes

I also find it very amusing that all of us Italian chicks are sticking up for Tammy talk about mob mentality.
    THANKS, AJANE! It's remarkable to me how most people on the FORT can say in just a few words what takes me a few (well...QUITE a few) paragraphs!

Anyway, I am only half Italian (the other half, Polish)...so I'm vain and temperamental...and stupid! But, I don't mind! (from The Man with Two Brains). I do think I understand the (rather bizarre) typical Italian mentality, though. And I think you've summed it up pretty well, AJane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I'm Danish with mob envy
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by touque

I agree that when she was ranting about "doing the family" so the person suffers... it was definitely humor based and part of her schtick. But the reason she did it was because she was being pissy toward Bonnie in the first place.

I think

To give her credit, at least she doesn't put me to
    I still think Bonnie deserved it for being catty in her "cool chick" way.

But I give Bonnie the same credit...it might have been fun (in a kind of "gaper's delay" way) if she had stuck around a little longer.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I still think Bonnie deserved it for being catty in her "cool chick" way.
    "I know I didn't give you all cards" (with rolling eyes) - yup, that's a real burn. Personally, I thought it was a funny moment and not worth a huge temper explosion.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread