+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Pescatelli, Contestant

I loved that even though Tammy did some of the same jokes during the head-to-head competition, she added little extras to change it up a bit (e.g. ...they're not all in the Mafia. Some of them are in the witness protection program. Some of them are dead.)

The stuff she did that we hadn't seen before was very funny to me (e.g. Who did your breasts? God. Oh, where's his office? ) and the "girls gone wild" bit.

She seemed genuinely concerned about Heffron's feelings when he was crying, and also seemed sincerely disturbed over the fight between Ant and Corey. I don't think she's the heartless b**** some of you make her out to be at all.

I've said it in other threads, so if this is repulsively repetitive, I apologize, but I really do like everyone in the house. I was sorry to see Todd go. He was "upbeat," if a bit annoying at times. But I would not have been happy to see Tammy go either. I like her. I'll admit, she hasn't been very funny in the house clips so far, but her stage act is not one-dimensional. It's downright funny.

One last thing...I accidentally deleted this week's show before watching it again, but I could swear that they never showed Tammy or Gary performing on the tour bus? Am I right?
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-30-2004 at 02:32 PM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fogey
    They showed Gary saying something to the effect........I should just quit right now, I mean really, I should just give it up. They did not show Tammy. I got it from the editing that there was nothing very good to air. I think the challenge bombed terribly.

I, too, think Tammy is a kind very genuine woman. They all seem to like her. I am not that fond of Corey but all the others are appealing in different ways.

FORT Fogey
    I have to ask, for those of you who found her genuine, do you really think the "notes" she wrote for the other contestants and in particular the line "I hope you win" she wrote to Bonnie is genuine???
    She has said she wants to win herself, so how can they be? If that's not a sign of being ingenuine, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    They showed Gary saying something to the effect........I should just quit right now, I mean really, I should just give it up. They did not show Tammy. I got it from the editing that there was nothing very good to air. I think the challenge bombed terribly.

I, too, think Tammy is a kind very genuine woman. They all seem to like her. I am not that fond of Corey but all the others are appealing in different ways.
    Thanks, Dogbat. Although I thought it was Todd who "gave up." ???

I didn't like the way they did the competition. Seems like they should have let them all "perform" and then let the people on the bus vote for who was the funniest. And I would really like to see at least a snippet from each of the comics during the contests. I guess they didn't always show everyone during the contests last season, either, though.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fogey
    I meant to type Todd! The name Gary just slipped off my finger tips because you mentioned him in your post.

Tongue, I had forgotten about the notes. That was very curious. She actually told the Bonnie she hoped she would win?! Or was it just a good luck sort of thing like athletes do in some sports, a handshake and may the best man win sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I have to ask, for those of you who found her genuine, do you really think the "notes" she wrote for the other contestants and in particular the line "I hope you win" she wrote to Bonnie is genuine???
    She has said she wants to win herself, so how can they be? If that's not a sign of being ingenuine, I don't know what is.
    Exactly. I can't imagine her meaning it literally, so I would have taken it as insulting sarcasm. So for her to go ballistic that Bonnie didn't take it as a sappy sweet Hallmark moment just moved her over to psycho category for me.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

They just showed Gary and Tammy sitting down on the bus after their turn. I believe Gary said it was a massacre or that he got slaughtered. At least Gary got airtime this week!

I like Tammy offstage, but not onstage.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I'm not sure if the sentiments on Tammy's notes were genuine or were meant to be funny. From her remark about people mistaking an act of kindness to be weakness, I get the impression the notes were meant as a courteous gesture (like shaking hands with or bowing to an opponent before a match.)

As we know, she has been described as "sweet" and "very approachable" and "nice" by her fellow-competitors, as well as by others. There was nothing phony about the expression on her face when Heffron was crying or when Ant and Corey were spatting, and I have said repeatedly that all the "vendetta" stuff was (IMHO) supposed to be funny in an exaggerated, "hey let's revisit last year's coalition DON thing" kind of way (if so, I guess that backfired.)

As for the "I hope you win," thing, I guess it could be taken in different ways:

It could have been meant as something to the effect of if I don't win, I hope it's you. OR

It could have been very tongue-in-cheek, meant to be funny in an obvious way. Like Todd's remark to Heffron about never doubting him and then saying he would get his stuff out of his room. Or Gulman's remark to Heffron about dehydrating from all the crying (both of which, by the way, I thought were hilarious!).

Bonnie's remark: "I know I didn't give you all cards..." (along with the tone of her voice and the look on her face), on the other hand, came off as "catty"--the kind of remark a "cool" girl makes to show everyone just how "cool" she is, and to show nice girls just how "uncool" they are. Okay, that's kind of unfair of me, because Tammy never even let Bonnie finish her remark...

Well, anyway, Touque, that's how I see it.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I meant to type Todd! The name Gary just slipped off my finger tips because you mentioned him in your post.

Tongue, I had forgotten about the notes. That was very curious. She actually told the Bonnie she hoped she would win?! Or was it just a good luck sort of thing like athletes do in some sports, a handshake and may the best man win sort of thing?
    You've got the "concise" thing down so much better than I, Dogbat...yes...that's what I was trying to say!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I thought the cards were just meant as a courteous gesture too, Pikatsso. And I thought her cussing over Bonnie was meant to be a sort of humourous over-the-top Italian temper thing...I mean, she is a comedian. :rolleyes

I also find it very amusing that all of us Italian chicks are sticking up for Tammy talk about mob mentality.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread