+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Pescatelli, Contestant

I don't like her. Foul mouth or not. I don't think she's funny at all. The use of the mob-mentality to win the game scenario is getting pretty old too. It was kind of cute last year when Voss was using it, but they can't come up with something more original? Granted Tammy's whole sketch is loosely based on a misconception that she's "mob"...this is too easy.

I like my comics to be a lot smarter than the likes of Ms. Pissedkatelli. She came off as an ignorant bully on the show the other night.
    Last edited by funnygirl422; 06-27-2004 at 01:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

Tammy's Gotta Go ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I don't like her. Foul mouth or not. I don't think she's funny at all. . . . I like my comics to be a lot smarter than the likes of Ms. Pissedkatelli. She came off as an ignorant bully on the show the other night.
    Right on!

FORT Regular
    the editing made her look bad.
    She is a very funny comedienne and one of the sweetest, approachable people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by chowderr
    I don't really think Tammy used any of her expletives as a term of endearment towards Bonnie. She was angry at her when she said what she said, which is fine, but from what we saw, there was not enough reason for Tammy to be THAT angry. If there was more to what we saw, well I really can't judge that because I was only shown what the NBC executives wanted me to see. So, I have to base my opinion on what I did see. And my opinion is that Tammy over-reacted. I do like Bonnie, so I may be a little biased, but I did like Tammy before the first episode in the house aired, so who knows.
    I didn't mean Tammy was using her expletives re Bonnie as terms of endearment...I meant that some Italian people (at least in my family) use "bad" words that way so often that they become "desensitized" to them. Thus, the words themselves tend to lose their potency or edginess...they don't realize how really offensive those words are to other people who don't employ them as part of their everyday vernacular.

Tammy felt betrayed...undermined. The "overreacting"...I think it was highly exaggerated for effect. As for the "mafia" house vendetta stuff...I kind of get a kick out of running gags.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Tammy felt betrayed...undermined. The "overreacting"...I think it was highly exaggerated for effect. As for the "mafia" house vendetta stuff...I kind of get a kick out of running gags.
    Okay she went off the deep end because Bonnie mentioned not getting anybody a card like Tammy. That was over-reacting. That bypassed PMS and went straight to maniacle.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay she went off the deep end because Bonnie mentioned not getting anybody a card like Tammy. That was over-reacting. That bypassed PMS and went straight to maniacle.
    The "undermined" part may have been the b****iness about the card...the "betrayed" was in relation to Bonnie's b****iness regarding Tammy losing her voice ("choking") at the Laundromat.

Again, I think the "overreacting" was intentionally exaggerated for effect/"comedic melodrama." But I don't know if I'd characterize Tammy's actions as "going over the deep end"--it was just that "Sicilian Fever."
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fogey
    I don't think the 'incident' between Bonnie and Tammy is that difficult to decipher.
    Tammy sent out some silly cards to the other contestants with sentiments such as, "I think you're a superstar, and I hope you win", (Excuse me while I )
    Bonnie recognized these cards for what they were.... cheap, kiss butt drivel, and she called Tammy on them.
    Tammy did over-react to Bonnie's "I don't have cards like Tammy" because Tammy: a) was already jealous of Bonnie's friendships with the male gender and b) knew herself that her cards were insincere and just a sad attempt to gain popularity in the house.

Although I find Tammy's stage act to be moderately funny, it is one-note. My impression of her personality is that she is crass and catty, and I will shed no tears when she leaves the house.

I just heard Tammy on the bob and tom show and she said that she thinks the producers are trying to edit things to make her look like a mafioso.

Well, you're not giving them much else to work with are you?

I can't stand Tammy. She always looks p*ssed off and her jokes just aren't funny. She seems to have a chip on her shoulder a mile wide.

I like a the Tammy Pescatelli because she is a the 100% Italian, like myself! Ya gotta problem wit dat?
    You see...us Italians, we a sticka together like a spaghetti and a meat-a-balls.
    If someone doesn't like ya then vaffanculo.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread