+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie McFarlane, Contestant

Bonnie McFarlane, Contestant

[IMG]images/img/bonnie_133x141.jpg[/IMG]

BONNIE McFARLANE
    Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

"If I got a boob job, I would definitely show some restraint. I would just get one done."

Who is your comic inspiration?

I love the comics Steve Martin, Woody Allen, Chris Rock, Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman, Louis C.K., Todd Glass, Brody Stevens and so many others. I love watching stand up as much as I love doing it.

When did you know you were funny?

I've always enjoyed playing practical jokes on people. When I was about 7 my mom told me she was going to teach me how to play the piano starting the following Monday. So in seclusion, I took it upon myself to learn The Entertainer by ear. The following Monday when my mom told me to get a feel for the keys and just warm up, I shocked her by pounding out the song. She thought I was a prodigy but to this day it's the only song I know how to play.

What was your worst stand-up gig ever?

The worst gig I ever did was the head-to-head competition on Last Comic Standing. Trying to make an audience comfortable and laugh is hard enough without being pitted against another comic. Especially when there is so much riding on it. The good thing is that I know stand up will never be that hard again.

IMO - i was GLAD to see her go.
    The whole thing w/ Tammy - and the cards - so unnecessary. Right then, B got on my bad side and I was routing all the way that she would leave the house last night. BUT THEN.... i saw her perform - i really thought the chickie was LMAO !!! Still glad she's out of the house - cause i like others well better than her, but still, i think she has a chance.
    if your being chased by an angry bull, and then you notice you're also being chased by a swarm of bees, it doesn't really change things............ just keep on running!! -- Jack Handey

I think Bonnie made the show interesting and funny, more so than the 2 other females left in the house. I was sad to see her go.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

Quote Originally Posted by chowderr
    I think Bonnie made the show interesting and funny, more so than the 2 other females left in the house. I was sad to see her go.
    Hoo boy are a lot of folks likely to argue this.

Me, I'm not one of them. I liked her. In an earlier topic since closed I gave how I "heard" the interactions between Tammy and Bonnie, and was surprised how differently others seemed to. It seems the eye of the beholder is important here, because everything "nasty" she supposedly did seemed like it was created out of whole-cloth by the REACTION of the person who accused her of it. So if all you remembered clearly coming out of it was the reaction and not what supposedly caused it, I'm sure it's pretty easy to assume Bonnie must have done things in the manner that over-excited reacter described them with.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I liked her and she made me laugh. But the other comedian did have a better set. She'll be just fine, her comedy will do something for her.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

She loves Todd Glass?

Well, it was great while it lasted, Bonnie. I liked her and the show is poorer for her departure.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

For all the flack she takes, I think it's hard to argue that her answer to "What was your worst stand-up gig ever" is reasonably classy. She's not ducking responsibility, whining, arguing... you know, the things that make us LOATHE reality contestants.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom

Me, I'm not one of them. I liked her. In an earlier topic since closed I gave how I "heard" the interactions between Tammy and Bonnie, and was surprised how differently others seemed to. It seems the eye of the beholder is important here, because everything "nasty" she supposedly did seemed like it was created out of whole-cloth by the REACTION of the person who accused her of it. So if all you remembered clearly coming out of it was the reaction and not what supposedly caused it, I'm sure it's pretty easy to assume Bonnie must have done things in the manner that over-excited reacter described them with.
    I, for one, agree with you. I think Bonnie isn't the easiest person to get along with, but I thin Tammy is psycho by comparison and really, really overreacted to Bonnie. Bonnie got the shaft, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom

I agree. I thought Tammy's reaction was over the top and out of place for what we actually saw. Bonnie never got really annoyed or did any name calling to Tammy, even when Tammy was being bitchy to her. Most people will disagree, but I thought Bonnie came out looking better in this scenario. I thought John and Bonnie were both funny, just with different types of humor. I don't think Bonnie would have won the whole competition, but I would have like to have seen her stay around longer.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

The audience voting

Here's one of the problems I have with this as a reality show--they try harder to create drama than they do to present good comedy. I think it's certainly possible that Heffron could have been good enough to get 94% of the vote--but based on *what we were shown* they were pretty equal. I'm guessing his best stuff and her worst stuff were edited out to make there more suspense over who would win. I would rather see realy good or really bad than average...and once again the show's set-up creates a certain kind of medicrity that just isn't as interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast