+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie McFarlane, Contestant

Bonnie cut her hair, she looks horrible, she was just on Jay Leno and told the same jokes from when she was on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AE86
    It's sad to see Bonnie go this quick but she was defenitley the weakest comic there. Her and Ant, if she had challenged Ant she probably, maybe, could have beat him, but that's it. She couldn't have beaten anyone else. That's not to say she didn't deserve to be in the house, she did, she was just the weakest of the bunch. Still sorry to see her go.
    I think Bonnie should have challenged Gary. She could have won that but she felt betrayed that John voted against her. I don't know what John's strategy was but if he knew that most will be picking Bonnie, he could have just picked someone else to avoid being challenged by Bonnie.
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 06-24-2004 at 12:09 AM.

FORT Regular
    Gary is Tall and good looking. Chicks in the audience will go for that, mark my words. Bonnie was lucky to make it in the house.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

I think Bonnie could have beat Tammy easily. Possibly Ant, but he does have that high energy that the audience seems to like.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    Bonnie's timing was truly awful in her final set. She did have some good jokes, but her delivery stunk to the highest of heavens. And I'm still amazed that she consistently uses a joke as unbearably weak as the mirrored sunglasses thing.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsKenny
    And I'm still amazed that she consistently uses a joke as unbearably weak as the mirrored sunglasses thing.
    Bonnie was just on Jay Leno for a couple of minutes and that is the first "joke" she did! I was mouthing the joke with her since I have it memorized.

I know this is off the subject, but I WANT YOUR AVATAR, Marley!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Bonnie was just on Jay Leno for a couple of minutes and that is the first "joke" she did! I was mouthing the joke with her since I have it memorized.
    Yeah, but her second joke was new and pretty funny. The third about running naked wasn't that good. She never had the depth to go far.

Listen, Bonnie is the kind of girl that men love and that most women don't like. Probably the only people defending her are men -- seriously. It's not because she's pretty or thin --- blah, blah - it's because she's a catty biotch. Yes, all of the house stuff is going to turn into a big yucky cluster because the producers of the show have the mistaken impression that people won't watch simply because the comedians are funny. Instead there has to be "drama" . . . however, Tammy was simply trying to start things off the 'right foot' and Bonnie had to use that as an opportunity to act like the cool "fringe" chick in junior high. Stupid.

That aside, this should be about the comedy. Bonnie had the ability to be funny, but she's not a natural comic -- that was proved when she went up against John, is Bonnie funnier than Tammy? That's a moot point, because we'll never know. I do know that Todd and Kathleen are WAY over her head.

Besides, am I the only one to think that when you start to analyze comedy, that it ceases to be comedy anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mk_butterfly
    Listen, Bonnie is the kind of girl that men love and that most women don't like.
    Not according some sources. (see links in "Bonnie" thread)

Probably the only people defending her are men -- seriously. It's not because she's pretty or thin --- blah, blah - it's because she's a catty biotch. Yes, all of the house stuff is going to turn into a big yucky cluster because the producers of the show have the mistaken impression that people won't watch simply because the comedians are funny. Instead there has to be "drama" . . . however, Tammy was simply trying to start things off the 'right foot' and Bonnie had to use that as an opportunity to act like the cool "fringe" chick in junior high. Stupid.
    Although I don't think the only people defending her are men, I still think you really pinned it and summed up her character flaw PERFECTLY: "Fringe" chick in junior high" how perfect and precise!! The "I'm too cool" syndrome...

That aside, this should be about the comedy. Bonnie had the ability to be funny, but she's not a natural comic
    I think that she performed better during the initial audition/competitions. During the head-to-head she had very little "spark" (maybe should have thrown in a few "C" words?).

I wouldn't say she's not a "natural comic" though...she's got the "look" and her timing and delivery were "spot on" at the initial competitions (although she did have that stupid "nervous" laugh between every joke, and did seem to feel she had to explain her jokes). I really, really thought I was going to like her during the pre-show promos. I think I lost all respect for her when she started rippin' on Kerri Louise. No, she didn't use foul language (like our straight-shootin' Mafia Princess), but the things she did say were (IMHO) MUCH worse. It was so odious of her. Seemed like from that point on anytime they spotlighted her in any way she just went from bad to just plain NASTY.

I can't help it--if I have zero respect for someone, it is unlikely I will find him/her very funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast