+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kathleen Madigan, Contestant

Kathleen Madigan, Contestant

[IMG]images/img/kathleen_133x141.jpg[/IMG]

KATHLEEN MADIGAN
    Hometown: St. Louis, MO

"The women gymnasts, it's like child abuse. These girls are freaks. And the announcers say it and they don't think it's weird anymore. They're like, 'Uh, this next gymnast, she's eighteen years-old, she weighs thirty-four pounds, Bob. Very heavy, I don't see a medal happening."

Who is your comic inspiration?

Paul Lynde (especially his role in "Bewitched"), Phyllis Diller, Dame Edna and Judy Tenuta. (with this list typed out, I've realized I'm actually a gay man.)

When did you know you were funny?

I knew I was funny the first time I did The Tonight Show and David Hasselhoff (the other guest) told me I was "a very talented hoot."

What was your worst stand-up gig ever?

Trying to break up the fight between Brett Butler, Drew Carey and Peter Engel.

Tell us a little more about yourself - hobbies, annoying habits, pet peeves etc.

My hobbies include watching talent competitions and then auditioning for all of them. I'm currently working on a set for Showtime at the Apollo. I also like to spend a lot of time responding to my parents' emails that read, "Are you getting these? We're not sure if this is working."

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I love her answer for worst stand up gig, ever.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    She's not my favorite comic, but I do think she's funny. I also think that so far she's carried herself very well in the house. It's obvious that some of the other comics have a great deal of respect for her, as well (Bonnie admitting she couldn't beat KM, and Corey bringing her to Aspen because of the help she'd given him when he was first starting out.)

Kathleen is my favorite comic in the house and I've loved her for years. I was so surprised to see her audition for this show, but I'm very glad to see she's still in. Will she win? I don't know, but I hope so.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like Kathleen... I sure hope we hear new material though. So far, I want her to win.

Her answers for the bio cracked me up. Especially the one about the parents and the emails! Judy Tenuda and Dame Edna...great picks!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I had never seen or heard of Kathleen M. before this show. She does seem to be highly respected and well-liked by her colleagues, has some very funny material, appears to be quick-witted off stage, and in general, so far seems like a very nice and likable woman.

My problem with Kathleen is that I get the sense that she is doing a Tonight Show monologue. She is almost "too" polished and her material seems very "formula," as though it was written by Rob Petri or someone else for her. Her speech and manner are impeccable. I can see her hosting her own late-night talk show and being very successful at it. Either that, or I could see her teaching stand-up comedy method lessons on style and technique to would-be comedian soccer moms.

I DO like her...but does anyone else feel this way??

Yeah, me. It's probably why she bores me. I'm sure she's fun to hang out with, but she has no hook, if you know what I mean. Too polished and formulaic is a perfect way to put it, Pikatsso.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I've seen Kathleen on late-night talk shows several times and also saw her at a comedy club once. She is very funny, and is one of the few female comics who, as Bonnie says in her mention of Kathleen in her bio, doesn't do typical "chick humor," which to me means Kathleen does jokes that touch on topics other than men/kids/other women/PMS.

There is an article on Realitynewsonline about an eyewitness account of the "controversy" regarding the judges that also gives that person's impression of the comics. This person stated that she and her friends thought Kathleen was the funniest comic they saw but her best stuff wasn't shown on TV. I believe it. I think Kathleen will go far because the other comics know and respect her and won't want to challenge her - or nominate her and end up being challenged by her. I think Corey and Heffron would have a chance against her, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I've seen Kathleen on late-night talk shows several times and also saw her at a comedy club once. She is very funny, and is one of the few female comics who, as Bonnie says in her mention of Kathleen in her bio, doesn't do typical "chick humor," which to me means Kathleen does jokes that touch on topics other than men/kids/other women/PMS.

There is an article on Realitynewsonline about an eyewitness account of the "controversy" regarding the judges that also gives that person's impression of the comics. This person stated that she and her friends thought Kathleen was the funniest comic they saw but her best stuff wasn't shown on TV. I believe it. I think Kathleen will go far because the other comics know and respect her and won't want to challenge her - or nominate her and end up being challenged by her. I think Corey and Heffron would have a chance against her, but that's about it.
    True enough, I've seen very littlerof her actual material. Some of what we've seen was pretty funny, but I'm eager to see more before I make a final personal assessment. I think I was just trying to say that it is VERY apparent that she is a professional...maybe a tad too much so. But we'll see soon enough!

I was surprised to see her audition for this show (seems kind of 'beneath' her level). . . I think she is funny as crap --- and I hope that she goes all the way!
    Currently watching: Big Brother, Last Comic Standing II and The Next Action Star.

--------- Rooting for: Kathleen, LCSII ---------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast