+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kathleen Madigan, Contestant

Is Kathleen funny? How would we know? She's never even gone up against anyone. I don't think it's fair she's in the top 6. She just kind of sits around. She even complained about not liking the Roast or doing the kiddie clown thing. She really didn't do much of anything so it's hard to measure her talents against the others. She's kind of a whiner. Not really funny to me.
    Well, the fact that she is already an established comic gave her an advantage before she even entered the house. That fact made the comics apprehensive about challenging her...so it could be taken as a good and bad thing. She didn't have to prove herself to stay in the house, but she didn't prove to anyone who hadn't seen her before that she was funny. We'll see next week though...I've seen her stand up before, and I thought she was hilarious. She hasn't done much in the house, but then again she couldn't if no one challenged her, and her past success caused no one to challenge her.
    Shows I'm Watching: CSI, Survivor, Without a Trace, Third Watch, X-Play

Quote Originally Posted by feebierocks
    Is Kathleen funny? How would we know? She's never even gone up against anyone. I don't think it's fair she's in the top 6. She just kind of sits around. She even complained about not liking the Roast or doing the kiddie clown thing. She really didn't do much of anything so it's hard to measure her talents against the others. She's kind of a whiner. Not really funny to me.
    Yes, but none of the comedians enjoyed trying to be a clown, so that doesn't say a lot about her talent. And maybe she's not good at insults, that's not necessarily a bad thing either. I've seen her standup before LCS and I knoe that she is very funny. Truth be told, we haven't seen a lot of her standup thus far, but I guess we'll see come next Tuesday.

FORT Newbie
    Hey I see what you guys are saying, however, you have the advantage of seeing her previously. It's just hard to go by word-of-mouth. I mean, really, she's on the show and the other comics respect her, that's cool, but what about the voting? If we are the ones voting, it just makes more sense that we measure the talent based upon what's done on the show, what we see each week, not about what she did to get there. I'll take your word for it that she's good, funny, etc. However, what has the viewing audience seen?

I just don't think she's it's fair for her on her reputation alone, even if it is solid.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Who is Kathleen Madigan and what show is she on?

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    And maybe she's not good at insults, that's not necessarily a bad thing either.
    Truth be told, we haven't seen a lot of her standup thus far, but I guess we'll see come next Tuesday.
    I agree on both counts.
    I've been wanting to see what she is made of for a long time. She seems like a great individual and seems likable, unlike Tammy. (in my opinion)

I can't wait to see her set, my expectations are quite high now.

Quote Originally Posted by feebierocks
    Hey I see what you guys are saying, however, you have the advantage of seeing her previously. It's just hard to go by word-of-mouth. I mean, really, she's on the show and the other comics respect her, that's cool, but what about the voting? If we are the ones voting, it just makes more sense that we measure the talent based upon what's done on the show, what we see each week, not about what she did to get there. I'll take your word for it that she's good, funny, etc. However, what has the viewing audience seen?

I just don't think she's it's fair for her on her reputation alone, even if it is solid.
    I understand exactly where you're coming from. We had no input throughout the time in the house, since it was the comics themselves voting for who should do the head to head. The comics knew Kathleen was a respectable comic, so they didn't vote for her (for one reason or another). But now that the final 6 has been chosen, she'll have to do her stand up, and the home audience will finally get to see just what she's made of. We didn't have a choice of whether she got into the final 6, but now that she is, we can make the decision whether she deserved it or not.
    Shows I'm Watching: CSI, Survivor, Without a Trace, Third Watch, X-Play

FORT Fan
    kathleen has been around long enough to at least have a good 30 minutes of her 'A' material ready for the show....and since she hasn't had to go to any head-to-heads, she should have the best night tonight since the majority of the home audience hasn't seen much of her stuff.
    people that attended a taping of lcs when she actually did have to perform with other comics to make it said kathleen was one of their favorites, and that lcs didn't air her best material from her set when she did have to perform. so, with not having to burn through any material in a head-to-head, and with the home audience not seeing the best material she used to make it into the house, i think she should have the best night tonight, which she needs since she wasn't much of a presence in the house to gain any fans through being funny or witty.
    i'm pretty sure she'll have a good night tonight, but i'm pulling for john heffron
    (1st - heffron, 2nd - alonzo, 3rd - kathleen)

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    I DID NOT like her set last night at all. If she brought her "A" set with her last night I would hate to hear her "B" set. In fact I think that hearing Jay Mohr's set would be funnier than Kathleens and that is no joke. Her writing may be great but who is she writing for cause she sure as heck can't deliver it properly.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

You're proof that comedy is subjective. I, for one, loved Kathleen's set last night. I also didn't like Alonzo, who went over really well. I didn't like Jay London either. You don't like Kathleen and that's fine, but I thought she did great.

FORT Fan
    the whole bit comparing people being abducted by aliens to fish, and the other fish not believing their story......that's been done by a lot of people for years.....kinda humorous the first couple years i heard it......surprised she didn't have her own material since she didn't have to use any during her stay in the house

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast