+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Jay London, Contestant

FORT Fogey
    I registered at this website simply so I could post my opinion. I don't watch much TV because I just don't have the time, but I've been watching this series because it is interesting.

I really like Jay London! He's funny! And if nothing else, this show will at least give him some national exposure! I can see where he wouldn't be everyone's comedian since his jokes are not always that easy to figure out == but for punsters and those who love the English language, he's a total joy! There are other comedians who are far more conventional, not really funny, and easily expendable in my book -- like Tammy, Ant, Gary.... Out of the finalists so far, I like Jay London and Corey Holcomb. Neither one may win this thing, but both have something good to offer to the comedy world.

FORT Fogey
    I like Jay London, but he sucks at improv. Could you imagine some of these guys on "Whose line is it?" gah.
    *crickets chirping*

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I registered at this website simply so I could post my opinion. I don't watch much TV because I just don't have the time, but I've been watching this series because it is interesting.

I really like Jay London! He's funny! And if nothing else, this show will at least give him some national exposure! I can see where he wouldn't be everyone's comedian since his jokes are not always that easy to figure out == but for punsters and those who love the English language, he's a total joy! There are other comedians who are far more conventional, not really funny, and easily expendable in my book -- like Tammy, Ant, Gary.... Out of the finalists so far, I like Jay London and Corey Holcomb. Neither one may win this thing, but both have something good to offer to the comedy world.
    Welcome gracie727! I'm also supporting London and Holcomb (two favorites) and the lone wolf Heffron. I hope you'll come back and defend them.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I like Jay London, but he sucks at improv. Could you imagine some of these guys on "Whose line is it?" gah.
    *crickets chirping*
    I think he'd be OK at improv. The problem is that his jokes are all based on timing. He has a joke ready for any situation. But, each joke has its own little detonation time. In an improv setting, other people will probably be walking all over his jokes.

He just isn't the kind of guy who would do 3 minutes of "John Wayne running a Pizza parlor."

I can't imagine Steven Wright, Rodney Dangerfield, or Henny Youngman doing well at improv either, but they were all very funny comedians.
    -- Flash

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    I think he'd be OK at improv. The problem is that his jokes are all based on timing. He has a joke ready for any situation. But, each joke has its own little detonation time. In an improv setting, other people will probably be walking all over his jokes.

He just isn't the kind of guy who would do 3 minutes of "John Wayne running a Pizza parlor."

I can't imagine Steven Wright, Rodney Dangerfield, or Henny Youngman doing well at improv either, but they were all very funny comedians.
    Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he's not funny just because he appears to suck at improv. It just helps to be quick on the money for a show like LCS, is all.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Nobody is saying they're "funnier than Jay" cause [I believe] that they all think they REALLY ARE funnier than him and are saving him for an easy win.

Just my opinion.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Nobody is saying they're "funnier than Jay" cause [I believe] that they all think they REALLY ARE funnier than him and are saving him for an easy win.
    Actually, I think they are unsure about him. I think they know that he'd have almost any audience in stitches with his barrage of one-liners, while most of the other comedians would have to find just the right audience for their patter.

I mean, gay jokes, black jokes, and Italian jokes won't go over big with just any audience.

So, it's best to challenge the people who have to find just the right audience to succeed and then hope the wrong audience shows up that night.
    -- Flash

PSi
    well it could be because they wanted to take out other, more annoying contestants, such as bonnie and todd.

also, anyone have any info on this guy, like where he's performing or a website or anything?

Wasn't Jay in LCS1?

It seems to me that he was in line for the LA auditions and they did his 4th guy from the left on the evolutionary chart joke...

Keith S. :{)>

FORT Newbie
    i think jay is hillarious he is the only one who makes me laugh out loud

+ Reply to Thread