+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Jay London, Contestant

Hi,
    I'm new here.
    Its possible he could be 54, in 1983 when i was working my first job I used to ride in his cab all the time. As far as his "look" is concerned, he looked liked that with the hair and all way back then.

Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by maggirwn
    Hi,
    I'm new here.
    Its possible he could be 54, in 1983 when i was working my first job I used to ride in his cab all the time. As far as his "look" is concerned, he looked liked that with the hair and all way back then.

Margaret
    How awesome that you actually know Jay (in some context, anyway)! Glad you joined up and in!

So I guess the obvious question is: Was he funny in the cab, i.e. did he ever test any of his material out on you while driving you places? Or did he seem to be more of a natural wit? Or for that matter, was he just quiet and boring (as a driver)?

Well the real question is: Do you hope Jay wins the whole "she-bang"? (no William Hung reference intended)
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Dave Mordal Fan <3
    He's growing on me. I didn't get the hype, but I can't help laughing at some of the things he says. I love when he goes on about working at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :[

Quote Originally Posted by happy bull
    I think Jay's one liners can be rather amusing if, as Krom says, the delivery is right. However, much like InTheKnow suggests, when Jay is offstage, its entirely a different matter. I understand that a comic's persona onstange is more often than not different from the comics persona offstage, its just that to me, it seems that Jay just doesnt have that funniness offstage, and in a competition like this, where it appears that theres more to this contest than simply being funny onstage, I feel that Jay has this HUGE deficiency in that he doesnt seem to be funny offstage.

O.K, well Dat Phan wasnt that funny offstage either and he won, but I cant forsee America feeling sorry enough for Jay to vote him the Last Comic Standing.
    In his defense, Happy Bull, JayLo has not been given much "clip" time in the house. (editing scam???)...so we don't really have a clue how funny he is or isn't off stage, except if you saw his apartment clip during one of the earlier episodes...now that was some kind of funny!!! (in a very sad way)

I get the feeling that if you hung with JayLo he'd have you crackin' up (and, no...no double entendre here) every minute...I LOVE that quiet, understated kind of humor
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Hi,
    I'm new here.
    Its possible he could be 54, in 1983 when i was working my first job I used to ride in his cab all the time.

WOW...he sure doesn't look 54 in my opinion.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I find a lot of Jay's one-liners to be good. It's true, we haven't been able to see a lot of him in the house. I kinda wanted him to get into the house, but wasn't really expecting it...I just want to see how he'll do in a comedy showdown against the others, like Kathleen, John, etc.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    How awesome that you actually know Jay (in some context, anyway)! Glad you joined up and in!

So I guess the obvious question is: Was he funny in the cab, i.e. did he ever test any of his material out on you while driving you places? Or did he seem to be more of a natural wit? Or for that matter, was he just quiet and boring (as a driver)?

Well the real question is: Do you hope Jay wins the whole "she-bang"? (no William Hung reference intended)

Thanks for the welcome.
    It was a long time ago but I don't remember Jay being all that funny in his cab. In his clip when they talk to the comedian before they go on he said that he had been doing stand up for 18 years so it was before he started.
    Funny the things you do remember. A lot of times he would ask if I minded if he stopped and I can't remember which but he would go in and buy either lottery tickets or go to OTB.
    I also remember him telling me one day he was gonna write a song called "You got the elevator, I got the shaft."

But yeah I hope the Jay wins. Actually he's the only reason I'm watching this season.
    I think the main thing I remember about Jay is that he's a really nice guy. I really hope he makes it whether on LCS or whatever.

Thanks for the welcome.
    It was a long time ago but I don't remember Jay being all that funny in his cab. In his clip when they talk to the comedian before they go on he said that he had been doing stand up for 18 years so it was before he started.
    Funny the things you do remember. A lot of times he would ask if I minded if he stopped and I can't remember which but he would go in and buy either lottery tickets or go to OTB.
    I also remember him telling me one day he was gonna write a song called "You got the elevator, I got the shaft."

But yeah I hope the Jay wins. Actually he's the only reason I'm watching this season.
    I think the main thing I remember about Jay is that he's a really nice guy. I really hope he makes it whether on LCS or whatever.
    Awww, that's so great! "You got the elevator, I got the shaft." Did he ever invite you guys to his act?
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Thanks for the welcome.
    Thanks for responding so nicely to my inquiries, maggirwn...was the kind of info I relish!!

Well, his elevator song idea makes me like him even more!!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

ugh..his homeless bum look has got to go... he looks gross. but maybe that is his whole act.. sad

+ Reply to Thread