+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay London, Contestant

PSi
    jays' the best. is there a website for him or a way to find out where he's performing?

I'll laugh at one-liners. I just don't think a series of one-liners necessarily mean he's a funny person.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Newbie
    Would everyone accept the premise that Jay is funny onstage? I've seen him rip rooms up, even rooms filled with bitter and hungover comics at 2 in the sfternoon. Offstage, he's in an entirey parallel universe to everyone else.

Being funny onstage isn't everything in this show, as you know. And what he HAS done has absolutely no bearing on what we're seeing and judging on the show.

In that respect, we're all "InTheKnow".

It's very black and white with him like sushi, you either like it or don't.
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Take my wife, please!

You know, slamming a car door shut on your hand really hurts.
    Well, don't do that then...

For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier...I put them in the same room and let them fight it out...

I put instant coffee in my microwave oven and almost went back in time.

The food on the plane was fit for a king. "Here, King!"

What is the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag? One is made of plastic and is dangerous for children to play with.... the other is used to carry groceries.

----------------------------------------------------
    Frankly I love this kind of stuff if the DELIVERY is right. It's ALL in the delivery for it.
    I like that we're able to agree on some things, Krom. These are great--thanks for throwin' them in!

Heard a silly one the other day: I went into a drugstore the other day and bought some deodorant...now I'm a member of the wetness protection program.

Much as I really like John Heffron, I'm a JL fan, too. He is a little "quirky," but I think he "bed"rocks!!

Actually,I'll be sorry to see anyone else be eliminated...I like everybody at this point...and even feel kind of bad about Bonnie being eliminated.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    what i'd like to know is .... when's the last time he combed his hair???? it looks like a horribly knotted mess!!!! :phhht

FORT Regular
    It's almost over sir.
    First time I saw Jay in the promo's I thought he was just gonna be one of those losers who tried out and sucked huge, but after his 3rd one liner, I realized this guy's a genius. This is quality stuff. The subtle word play is really well crafted. Kind of like a slightly weirder Steven Wright

Well, it all started when my dog started getting free rollover minutes.
    Classic.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

I think Jay's one liners can be rather amusing if, as Krom says, the delivery is right. However, much like InTheKnow suggests, when Jay is offstage, its entirely a different matter. I understand that a comic's persona onstange is more often than not different from the comics persona offstage, its just that to me, it seems that Jay just doesnt have that funniness offstage, and in a competition like this, where it appears that theres more to this contest than simply being funny onstage, I feel that Jay has this HUGE deficiency in that he doesnt seem to be funny offstage.

O.K, well Dat Phan wasnt that funny offstage either and he won, but I cant forsee America feeling sorry enough for Jay to vote him the Last Comic Standing.

Welcome to the FORT happy bull!

+ Reply to Thread