+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corey Holcomb, Contestant

I think he is really funny and is my favorite by far. I can't stand Ant and Todd Glass at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    He was okay in the laundromat, but not stellar. It was a case of a single person laughing who seeded other people. So it only took one person's sense of humor to assure his victory.
    YES!!!

I think he's a mid-level person...talented enough to not be an initial victim. On that basis, he could make it far, but not likely all the way, since he's good perhaps--not great--and maybe not an inherent crowd pleaser for dumb Dat-Phan loving L.A. audiences.
    WOW, Krom...more common ground...this is getting worrisome!!

I will admit that some of his stuff had me on previous episodes, but he seemed to be almost "pan handling" at the laundromat, and to me he seemed very uneasy and a bit "off" at the Aspen gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Elsewhere someone commented on how dumb these photos of the comics are. Corey seems to have it especially bad--that fake "hey, I'm wacky" look. Either that, or gas.
    Darn you, Krom, I keep wantin' not to like you and you post something like this!!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm rooting for him and Alonzo. They've got it going on (to me)!

I thought he was funny, and the only one to get a laugh at the laundrymat probably because he actually adapted to where he was instead of going into his regular routine act (ala Ant). If he is witty on his feet then I appreciate the humor even if he isn't THE funniest one. Didn't any of you think it was a nice change of pace to actually hear new jokes?

I know I did, even if it's one sentence: "This is death" (hee hee), Jay London. Mordal, Vos, and Tess always had new and interesting things to say. What's going on? Corey's likeable. I wouldn't mind if he made it to the finals.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Corey is another one of my favorites. While he has done some of his jokes twice, you do have to remember that it was a big comedy show, and if you're in front of people that good and that have that much influence in the biz, you probably want to do your best stuff. I am hating the picture, though. It makes him look like a non-gay version of Ant. If that's possible, which it probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV
    I thought he was funny, and the only one to get a laugh at the laundrymat probably because he actually adapted to where he was instead of going into his regular routine act (ala Ant). If he is witty on his feet then I appreciate the humor even if he isn't THE funniest one. Didn't any of you think it was a nice change of pace to actually hear new jokes?

hurray for new jokes!!!!!!

Whether you find him funny or not (which I do by the way), you've got to give the man credit where credit is due. Corey took what might be one of the worst places to do a comedy gig and totally owned that moment. Whereas most (if not all of the comics... i cant quite remember) of the comics simply went into their regular comedy act, Corey was able to genuinely find humor in an otherwise humorless situation and use it to his advantage. Isnt that what comedy is about in the first place? For me, Corey being able to find humor in the moment just adds on to his likeability.

Oh, thanks for the nice welcome from the kind person who Watches2MuchTV

Quote Originally Posted by happy bull
    hurray for new jokes!!!!!!

Whether you find him funny or not (which I do by the way), you've got to give the man credit where credit is due ... Corey was able to genuinely find humor in an otherwise humorless situation and use it to his advantage. Isnt that what comedy is about in the first place? For me, Corey being able to find humor in the moment just adds on to his likeability.
    Although I thought even Corey was somewhat floundering in the laundromat, you make a very valid and eloquently stated point here, Happy Bull. Doing laundry, especially when you have to drag it out to a laundromat, isn't exactly one of life's more exhilarating joys. Kind of makes you wonder why not even one other of the comedians picked up on that opportune fact!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Watches2MuchTV
    See comments to Happy Bull...ditto to you, W2M2TV!!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast