+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: John Heffron, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by AE86
    Thanks, PIKATSSO. Please don't let that be sarcasm.
    No sarcasm intended, AE. You are one of the FORT members whose posts I look forward to reading. You generally have an interesting perspective on things and present your thoughts intelligently. I enjoy that.

Now when you say, "we have a say in the final vote" do you me WE who are in this forum, or WE of the entire home viewing/voting audience. Cause if it's just us on the forum, it ain't enough to change the outcome. Case in point, who won last year.
    I did not join the FORT last season, but I read a great many of the posts. As I recall, there were a number of die-hard Dat "sympathizers" in FORTville. I also recall some of them being quite "vocal" about their loyalty to Dat...

I think the FORT is kind of a "microcosm" audience, and gives a pretty valid representation of the diverse demographics of the LCS audience.

Granted Heff is "cute", but Gary has already been described as "gorgeous" more than once. Alonzo, talented as he is, no way any white men in the audience are gonna vote for a big , bald, black guy who brags about how much bigger his dick is than theirs is. Ain't gonna happen. He'll do 3rd at best if he makes it to the final 5.
    I think Corey would have a tougher time with a non-African American audience than would Alonzo. Alonzo is cool, confident and comedically superb. He is also quite a class act--intelligent and quite well spoken. I'm just not buying the assumption that male "penis envy" is going to hold him back if he really does a better set.

And though Jay London is a comic genius, it's in the vein of Andy Kaufman. Die hard comedy fans will get it as well as comics, but the average viewer will be split 50/50. Half will like it, half won't.
    100% with you on this point--well said!!

So now it's just a question of what bizzare disease he's gonna die from in a few years and who will play him in the Milos Forman biopic.
    [/QUOTE]

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    No sarcasm intended, AE. You are one of the FORT members whose posts I look forward to reading. You generally have an interesting perspective on things and present your thoughts intelligently. I enjoy that.
    Great. I have a fan. :rolleyes It's not like I don't already agonize over each word, just so I don't come off as dumb. Now I have to work even harder on each post, trying to come up with something extra witty or insightful, just to live up to your impossibly high opinion of me and not dissapoint the ONE person who likes me.

Damn you. Damn yousss!!! Sigh, The price of fame.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

Quote Originally Posted by AE86
    Great. I have a fan. :rolleyes It's not like I don't already agonize over each word, just so I don't come off as dumb. Now I have to work even harder on each post, trying to come up with something extra witty or insightful, just to live up to your impossibly high opinion of me and not dissapoint the ONE person who likes me.

Damn you. Damn yousss!!! Sigh, The price of fame.
    That's what I'm talkin' about, AE...who else would have the guts to damn a fan (or even a "Phan" for that matter!). You keep those standards, high, kiddo, and remember...your agony is rewarded by my delight!

(P.S. Your signature quote here---SO appropos!! )
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Newbie
    I absolutely LOVE John Heffron...xiphoid you're not the only one..I love this guy...I think he's hilarious..and I DO hope he wins...I'm really liking Gary Gulman too

FORT Newbie
    His I want to go home bit while in a meeting was absolutely hilarious!!!! I was in a meeting today and soooo could have done that stomping and whining thing to get out...

I just love that guy..he's hilarious ...

I'm joining in on the John Heffron love fest.

He's my absolute favorite, and although, I think Alonzo is the best and I'm also rooting for him, I truly enjoy John's material and his Bob Goldthwaithesque delivery. He's got a sweet funny personality, plus I think he's cute.

Glad to see you on the John Heffron's love train Wolf!

He seems to have quite a large fanbase building. John may not have the traditional good looks of Gary. But for me he is a lot cuter. I don't know why he does the jokes about him being old. He may be 33, but he looks like his is in his late 20s.

For me being a 21 year old female, I can relate a whole lot more to his jokes than any of the others even Kathleen and Tammy. His jokes make me not only laugh, but shake my head nodding because I can remember doing the things that he mentions. For instance, the swingset, trapperkepper jokes and my personal favoriate joke sliding down the stairs in a clothes basket. I did those things when I was little and him mentioning them makes me nostalgic.

One piece of advice for him would be to slow down alittle and don't be too nervous. He always seems like he is and sometimes he fumbles his words when he does that. Still think that if both Gary and John make it to the final 5 they will place first and second.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I'm rooting for John Heffron, Corey Holcomb, and Gary Gulman. Heffron is a great, great comic

My friend told me yesterday that he heard John Heffron being interviewed on one of our Chicago radio stations. I didn't hear the broadcast myself, but from what my friend tells me, he was pretty funny. Supposedly he is getting married two weeks from Friday and said he and his fiancee thought it might be a good time to tell people about it now (including the parents!). They didn't want to say anything "too soon," because "you know how forgetful people are..." So he thought they should start looking for a place for the wedding now (they didn't want to do that too far in advance, either!)

I guess he didn't give anything much away. He was asked why he was crying like a little girl after the head-to-head with Bonnie, and he retorted, "I wasn't crying like a little girl. I was crying like a big girl who just got stood up for the prom!" When asked if the crying was phony, he said that maybe he had had a fight with his mom on the phone earlier, or maybe his cat died or something...he couldn't remember.

He definitely is a little cutie, and one of my front-runners to be sure!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fan
    heffron is probably my favorite....
    funny guy...and when he voted against bonnie he obviously didn't expect her to challenge him...he was 'playing the game' and voted for her because it kept him from pissing off anyone else....she would have been the one whether he voted for her or not....she could have beaten someone else, like ant....
    and when he obviously felt bad about it, being the one she challenged, having to give his friend the boot, he took a stand and told everyone he wasn't playing along with their 'alliance' anymore....
    i think they would be too scared to challenge him, at least until they are down to the last few people.
    i could see him taking it all....
    overall, most people this season are funnier than last season.......mordal was great, ant still isn't that good

+ Reply to Thread