+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: John Heffron, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by paradox
    Maybe saying looks and sounds like is a bit of a misnomer (did I use this word correctly?)

Let me rephrase by saying that John's looks are reminiscent of a young Bobcat. In addition, the squeakiness (haha - luv making up words) of John's voice and his mannerism (as John the FORT poster mentions) do nothing but remind me of a smarter, cleaner and better looking Bobcat.

As for Bobcat's picture... he has aged a bit... Just think "Police Academy 2" or better yet "Hot to Trot".

Paradox
    I don't about the "misnomer" part, but I guess I am at a disadvantage here, because I have no clue what Bobcat looked like when he was younger (just cannot picture him..must never have caught his act or have just forgotten--DEMENTIA setting in), and that also makes it difficult for me to comment on the "mannerisms" thing.

I was going strictly by the picture you included, and I didn't see too much of a resemblence. Also...seems like I saw "Police Academy 2" much too long ago (if ever)...and I really don't think I ever saw "Hot to Trot." (I'm more a "Sling Blade" kinda comedy girl...I know...WEIRD!)
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

LG.
    You would certainly not be the only one who never saw Hot to Trot. I think only 5 tickets were ever sold. But anyway, I like John. I think he's a hottie and quite funny. I hope he keeps coming up with new material. His "I'm getting old" hits just a LITTLE too close to home for me because I'm also 33. Hey wait, buddy. You can't be old. That would make me old too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    You would certainly not be the only one who never saw Hot to Trot. I think only 5 tickets were ever sold. But anyway, I like John. I think he's a hottie and quite funny. I hope he keeps coming up with new material. His "I'm getting old" hits just a LITTLE too close to home for me because I'm also 33. Hey wait, buddy. You can't be old. That would make me old too.
    Naaaaah....yer jis' a gurl! (Sling Blade humor!}

Oh, yeah...I also really enjoyed I'm Gonna Get You, Sucka!...was Goldthwait in that? (Didn't want to stray too far from the subject matter here.) Chris Rock rocks in that movie!!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    I think it's worth noting that we have seen very, very little of Heffron's set repeated.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsKenny
    I think it's worth noting that we have seen very, very little of Heffron's set repeated.
    That's true...but then there's always that editing thing...

I still think his humor is refreshingly clean, and even if some people cannot relate to his "feeling old at 33" premise...it sure seems like he always has something one can relate to.

Something that wasn't mentioned in the show recap that I thought was really, really funny, but didn't catch until I rewatched (via wonderful, wonderful TIVO), was the little remark he made to the black woman who needed to use the "facilities" during his act in the laundromat: "Don't write anything in there." I thought that was great!!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Oh, that is funny! I didn't catch that.......And it's true, he repeats VERY little of his jokes. I hope he wins it all!

A correcti0n: John actually said: "Don't write anything" (I guess the "in there" was implied, but not stated.)
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I'm hoping that John doesn't get too stressed out to hang in there. He seemed so genuinely shaken about the whole Bonnie incident, and he did sort of set himself up by declaring his independence. But then, he does have one win under his belt (this is definitely in his favor)!

He doesn't seem to have as much stamina as some of the others. But his material is really funny IMHO.

HANG IN THERE, JOHN!!
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

FORT Fogey
    These comics all know each other for the most part or at least have heard the inside buzz. John is good and they all know it. He is safe being a loner or doing what he chooses, I doubt he will be challenged again.

I think Alonzo's the only one with enough guts to challenge John after last week. Did you guys catch that look he gave him? Heh heh. That probably won't be for awhile, though.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread