+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: John Heffron, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by xiphoid76
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think he is really good looking? For some reason I have a crush on him.
    No, it isn't just you. He is a cutie!

I thought Bonnie did well but most of her set we had already heard before. Then John came on and really made me laugh -- he sometimes stumbles over his words but is still funny. When they said 94% of the vote though I thought for sure it went to Bonnie because I figured the network would fix it so she and Tammy could do some catfighting for ratings

I really don't have a favorite yet but I have my eye on John!

Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    I love...LOVE LOVE LOVE John!! He makes me laugh like Dave Mordal did last season. Therefore, he is my favorite! And he is cute to boot! I was a little nervous for him when he had to go against Bonnie, but once he did his swingset joke, I knew he would triumph.

He has a humorous website up with audio clips, photos, journal entries and upcoming performance dates if anyone is interested www.johnheffron.com

Oh yeah, the swingset. That was so great. His voice reminds me of someone, but it's not Bobcat. Does anyone know? I keep thinking he's 24-26. I like the "enigma", to borrow Ant's :phhht description of John, of the house.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerFish
    No, it isn't just you. He is a cutie!
    I really don't have a favorite yet but I have my eye on John!

His style is really good and he is such a different person in the house and on stage. I hope he goes far.

loveeeee

From the first time I saw this guy and the joke about the dingleberry scissors in vegas i am absolutely in love with the guy. He is cute and can make me laugh soooooo hard.

I am also glad he beat Bonnie, he was SO MUCH FUNNIER then her and I'm glad NBC didn't rig it for Bonnie to stay with the whole Bonnie/Tammy cattyness.

Also, he should soooo get at least top 5, but also the title of LAST COMIC STANDING.
    Last edited by Britaknee; 06-25-2004 at 01:24 AM. Reason: add more

Is it just me....?

Is it just me or does John look like a younger Bobcat Goldthwait and sounds like him (his squeaky/squealy vioce)????

Paradox

It's not just you. I mentioned earlier that he's even stolen some of Bobcat's "moves" (like the "turn your head sideways and do a silly grin", and some others).

Whoa, he does look like a younger Bobcat! I'm still trying to figure out that voice. It seems like an amalgam of Bobcat and Pauly Shore's voices. Maybe because Heffron has that blank stare that Pauly has.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by paradox
    Is it just me or does John look like a younger Bobcat Goldthwait and sounds like him (his squeaky/squealy vioce)????

Paradox
    Sorry to have to disagree with the 3 of you...but to me John Heffron has such "boyish" good looks...he looks like he could be found sitting in the Union of a college campus somewhere with a cola, munching on some greasy fries while thumbing through a comic book (or maybe scribbling on his notebook cover.)

The picture of Goldthwait, on the other hand, looks to me like one you might see on a truck driver's state license. (Maybe he looks/looked a lot different in person?)

Isn't Goldthwait the one who always sounds like he is going to start crying? I don't think Heffron's voice is that exaggerated. Actually...Juston McKinney had a funny squeak in his voice, too. I like it (with both of them)...but I'm not sure about who he/they sound like.
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-25-2004 at 10:58 AM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

youd figure being from Detroit that Tim Allen could have been an influence RRR

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Sorry to have to disagree with the 3 of you...but to me John Heffron has such "boyish" good looks...he looks like he could be found sitting in the Union of a college campus somewhere with a cola, munching on some greasy fries while thumbing through a comic book (or maybe scribbling on his notebook cover.)

The picture of Goldthwait, on the other hand, looks to me like one you might see on a truck driver's state license. (Maybe he looks/looked a lot different in person?)

Isn't Goldthwait the one who always sounds like he is going to start crying? I don't think Heffron's voice is that exaggerated. Actually...Juston McKinney had a funny squeak in his voice, too. I like it (with both of them)...but I'm not sure about who he/they sound like.
    Maybe saying looks and sounds like is a bit of a misnomer (did I use this word correctly?)

Let me rephrase by saying that John's looks are reminiscent of a young Bobcat. In addition, the squeakiness (haha - luv making up words) of John's voice and his mannerism (as John the FORT poster mentions) do nothing but remind me of a smarter, cleaner and better looking Bobcat.

As for Bobcat's picture... he has aged a bit... Just think "Police Academy 2" or better yet "Hot to Trot".

Paradox

+ Reply to Thread