+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Gulman, Contestant

Gary Gulman, Contestant

[IMG]images/img/gary_133x141.jpg[/IMG]

GARY GULMAN
    Hometown: Boston, MA

"I played football at Boston College. It's a Catholic school. I had a nickname there: Jew."

Who is your comic inspiration?

My first was David Brenner, then Jay Leno, then Garry Shandling then Jerry Seinfeld, Paul Reiser and also a Boston legend named Don Gavin.

When did you know you were funny?

In first grade I knew I wanted to be funny because my mother would let me stay up on Saturday nights and watch "Saturday Night Live." I saw how much everyone in my family laughed at Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo and I wanted to be just like them. I knew I was funny starting around 10th grade when I would tape my own audio sketch shows and the kids at school passed them around.

What was your worst stand-up gig ever?

One time I auditioned for a Talent Manager at New York's Gotham Comedy Club. The Talent Manager promised me he'd take me out to dinner after the show and we'd talk about my career. Well, I got so few laughs that I ran out of material 5 minutes early and had to stay on stage waiting for the emcee to return from a cigarette break. The Talent Manager told me that I was not ready and should stay away from New York for a couple of years. I did my first "Tonight Show" like 6 months later. He still hasn't taken me for that dinner.

Tell us a little more about yourself - hobbies, annoying habits, pet peeves etc.

I read fifty books a year.
    I collect baseball cards and comic books.
    I love the Boston Red Sox.
    I was a scholarship football player at Boston College.
    I'm still friends with everyone I was friends with in elementary school.
    I love grapes, hate grapefruit.
    I go through a jar of peanut butter every two days.
    I've seen the movie "Rocky" over 100 times.

Who hired this photographer? The contestants all look horrible!

No way could this guy ever look horrible. I think he's VERY hot and funny...the perfect man. I wonder if he can cook, too? (Although if he eats a jar of peanut butter every 2 days probably not.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I'm guessing that they told them to make faces. Bonnie McFarlane looks especially terrible in her pic.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I think these may have been taken in that photo booth they vote in.

On topic to Gulman, all I really know is he's kind of sucked in whatever I've seen him do so far on this show, and that like Ant, he's managed by the producer of the show that Jay Mohr has recently been claiming has no input. So far, in the house, we certainly haven't seen more.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Yeah Krom, I just figured it out that these are from the photo booth.

Gary really doesn't belong in the house. He doesn't really provide anything for it (same with John and even Jay). So it's a little baffling why they made it in if any of those three were based on who would be most entertaining in the house.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

[IMG]images/img/gary_133x141.jpg[/IMG]

I did my first "Tonight Show" like 6 months later.
    Hmmm....

Would that be the Tonight Show with the very same talent scouts used by LCS? So, basically, you'd already auditioned for these mopes, been found worthy of getting on Leno... then we're all supposed to hold our breaths to find out whether or not they think you're also good enough for LCS?

See, getting on The Tonight Show used to be the "holy grail" for stand-up comics. It was a benchmark that said to the stand-up world, "This comic is special, and now worthy of national attention." But ever since Leno took over, all sorts of mediocre comics are making it onto the show.

I think LCS should be about helping separate the gems from the rubble, focusing some attention on talented NOVICES, and then promoting the best of them up to national status. Instead, it's being used as a venue to give comics who already are at a national level additional exposure and promotion. It's little more than a P.R. stunt disguised as a "talent competition."
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

He doesn't provide anything? Oh, he provides plenty in the eye candy department ... I also think he is quite funny, but maybe I am just blinded by the looks
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

:stupid

I think he is funny too, but we are obviously a minority here.
    Also, when nothing interesting is happening, he gives us excellent eye candy

He doesn't have his own material. So many of his jokes I have heard have been taken from other comics. He needs his own stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast