+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gary Gulman, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818
    Hey, I think I'm intelligent... I just didn't get too lucky in the common sense department. Oh well, you win some, you lose some... I never had any idea what I was cheering for either, I was captain of my squad, and one time I started a defense cheer when my team was running for a touchdown...oops That's cool that they're Disney princesses, I'm actually thinking about going to Florida to audition to be a performer(singer/dancer) either at Disney World or on the cruise line.

Opinionated as I may be, I think really stupid people are rarely intentionally funny. And since I think your humor is quite intentional (and funny!), I guess that puts you in the "intelligent" group in my book. As far as the common sense thing goes, I saw a cool quote the other day: Common sense is not so common. (Boy, can I relate!!)

One of the twins was also her squad captain, as well as the choreographer for the pom-pon squad and an "A" student through high school and college. So Gulman's cheerleader bit just reminded me of how funny it was when I once asked her in amazement if she really understood what was going on during a football game (because I have had football explained to me a billion times by a billion different people, and I swear, I will NEVER understand what's going on in that game, so I was pretty impressed) and then she responded (with some conviction) that it really didn't matter all that much. Tooooo true!!!

P.S. If you do decide to audition for Disney, I wish you the best!
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO

Opinionated as I may be, I think really stupid people are rarely intentionally funny. And since I think your humor is quite intentional (and funny!), I guess that puts you in the "intelligent" group in my book.
    Aww, thanks.

Common sense is not so common.

I once asked her in amazement if she really understood what was going on during a football game (because I have had football explained to me a billion times by a billion different people, and I swear, I will NEVER understand what's going on in that game, so I was pretty impressed) and then she responded (with some conviction) that it really didn't matter all that much. Tooooo true!!!

P.S. If you do decide to audition for Disney, I wish you the best!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Headey
    It's hard to get an idea of how good a comic he really is with the minimal air time he is given. All of his sets have been edited horribly. I've seen him open for Dane Cook on several occasions and can say he belongs in the house. But I think with the way they have edited the shwo he iswinning more fans on his looks then his comedy which really isn't fair.

From what I've seen I think he's a pretty strong comic. I wish they'd give the guy more airtime. If anyone here is interested in seeing more stand up from him, according to my tv an episode of Premium Blend will be on Comedy Central tomorrow either at 10:30 or 11:00 am with both Gary Gulman and Cory Kahaney. Sorry, I can't remember the exact time.
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

Snipes...Wesley Snipes. BlushOnTehCheek's Avatar
    I loved his Oreo bit. "Oreo, did you read my diary?" funny stuffy

GRAHAM>

I too have seen Gulman open for Dane Cook, and he was great. He also seems to have enough material that he doesn't have to keep repeating himself on the show. I saw him open for Dane Cook twice, and each time, he had different material.

Quote Originally Posted by BlushOnTehCheek
    I loved his Oreo bit. "Oreo, did you read my diary?" funny stuffy
    I really liked that skit, but when he said the diary thing...that just seemed a little wierd. He is very funny overall, and my favorite remaining.

Gary reminds me of a much funnier, much (much) taller Richard Gere. Anyone else think so?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hikari
    Gary reminds me of a much funnier, much (much) taller Richard Gere. Anyone else think so?
    Now hold on a minute! Gary Gulman is my favorite of the LCS contestants this year and I think he's hilarious and very cute - would be great on his own TV show - but he's no Richard Gere. And BTW, Richard Gere is actually quite funny himself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    Which comics? The Gulman clips I can think of are:

The Pill ("You know which one I'm talking about")
    The Muffin Man bit
    The Cheerleaders
    A bit of something about self-adhesive notes...

I thought the first two were pretty funny (topic, delivery). Of the comics he seems less likely to repeat himself (based on the editing).
    Yeah.. I see a lot of comics and I haven't heard any of his stuff before.

???

FORT Newbie
    I think Gary Gulman is an awful, horrible, non-funny comedian. Absolutely none of his jokes are well-written, and his delivery is predictable. All of his jokes are unintelligent social commentary.

"All cookies are sugar cookies!!!"
    "I already have a speedometer!!!!"
    "I don't need no candle snuffer!!!!!"
    "The art teacher won't let us use the safety scissors, but there's that gigantic scissor in the back of the room!!!!"

None of his jokes are actually funny or worth laughing at, he's just such a likable guy that he's selling himself, not his comedy.

Ah! Yer crazy! Gary's hysterical! Of course the jokes don't sound funny ... cuz you quoted them completely wrong!

To each his own, though. May the best comic win!

Go Gary!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast