Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Glass, Contestant

Todd Glass, Contestant

[IMG]images/img/todd_133x141.jpg[/IMG]

TODD GLASS
    Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

"Do I look like Mel Gibson and Fred Flintstone had an ugly baby?"

Who were your comic inspirations?

Growing up, it was a collective group of people, including Don Rickles, Steve Martin, Rodney Dangerfield, and of course Soupy Sales (Ha, ha).

When did you know you were funny?

In hindsight, probably in the 2nd grade. My friends would bet me that I couldn't make them laugh. Most of the time they lost. It's weird to think back that when I was seven I was already trying to get paid to make people laugh. Also, even younger than that, I would always make my parents laugh pretty hard.

What was your worst stand up gig ever?

I opened up for the group that sings "My Sharona." One guy heckled me so bad I got into a fight with him after the show in the parking lot. He said I was all talk so I punched him in his mouth. He went to hit me and missed so I figured I was ahead of the game so I ran like a girl to my car.

Tell us a little more about yourself - hobbies, annoying habits, pet peeves etc.

As far as my hobbies, I don't really have any. I like to do stand up comedy, hanging out with my friends and acting like we're in the 8th grade. I'd say that I like camping, truth of the matter is, I hate everything about camping except for the fire at night. So if anybody knows about a hotel on the beach with fire pits, let me know.

This guy is an attention getter to the tenth degree. He keeps bouncing off the wall, and he will get on a lot of people's nerves quick. I see him being put up within the next week or two.

"Do I look like Mel Gibson and Fred Flintstone had an ugly baby?"
    Excellent opening line.

One guy heckled me so bad I got into a fight with him after the show in the parking lot. He said I was all talk so I punched him in his mouth. He went to hit me and missed so I figured I was ahead of the game so I ran like a girl to my car.
    Too funny!

I like to do stand up comedy, hanging out with my friends and acting like we're in the 8th grade.
    This is my kinda guy. I like comics who are always "on." Several of the others take things way too seriously for comics. The more Todd gets under their skin, the more I like him. You go, Todd!
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

Annoying as all hell, but as has been mentioned elsewhere on this site, if the real "goal/prize" of this show is exposure instead of "winning" that crappy NBC contract, then Todd has already won. People will remember him, and his antics, long after yawners like Gary Gulman have been forgotten.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I find him stupidly annoying in the show.. he is funny, and I thought he was good the times he appeared in Colin's Tough Crowd show.. but seriously, he really defines annoying to me..

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by navycake
    Excellent opening line.

Too funny!

This is my kinda guy. I like comics who are always "on." Several of the others take things way too seriously for comics. The more Todd gets under their skin, the more I like him. You go, Todd!
    I completely agree with you. They are in the house to entertain us (hehe, it's all about Shann!) and Todd is always on. I would love to hang out with him and John just to hear their stories and to hear them joke around. Would he probably get on my nerves after a while, most likely. However, until he did I would be laughing, and that is what I want to see each week. Not this drama. Why are half of these comedians to serious all the time? It makes for a boring show.

He may be funny [at times], but if his antics drive everyone crazy after a while...then all the good jokes go out the window IMO.
    Yea..he's made me laugh sometimes, but I remember him best for being annoying.

If I had to choose between 1)that comedian that gets me really annoyed -or- 2) Dat Phan. I'd choose Dat Phan.
    Okok!! I'm totally lying. I'd NEVER pick Dat Phan, Mr Makestupidchinesesoundingtalka bouthismotheronly joke Man over anyone.. I was merely making a point, albeit quite dramatic. But I think it makes sense anyway.

I think George Glass is funnier. (wonder if anyone will get this joke?)
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-23-2004 at 05:36 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Heaven help me, but "The Attention Song" made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by shanndela
    I completely agree with you. They are in the house to entertain us (hehe, it's all about Shann!) and Todd is always on.
    Dance puppet, dance! Dance for my amusement!

That's what this makes me think.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-23-2004 at 06:17 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Heaven help me, but "The Attention Song" made me laugh.
    I know me too! I just couldn't help myself. It was almost as if he was trying to do something to break the "blahness" of the group, as much as he simply wanted attention lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast