+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Glass, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi808
    I saw it too. Funny thing is that Bonnie was on Tough Crowd a week before she was eliminated. Could be early warning signs for Todd's departure.
    Hmmm...guess you might have something there, Itachi. I wonder if Tough Crowd will continue to be a harbinger regarding the faithfully "to be" departed?

At any rate, I was really sorry to see Todd go (although, I didn't want Tammy to go either, as unlike most of the people on the forum, I like Tammy P. a lot and think her comedy set is very funny.)

It's true that Todd's antics were sometimes annoying, but I enjoyed his silly, upbeat attitude. I thought the knife sales pitch was cute, and I liked that he actually got "Heff" and Gulman to crack up a bit. I LOVED the little quip he made to Heffron (something to the effect of "I never doubted you for a moment...I'll go get my things out of your room.") I thought it was hilarious that he slept (or pretended to sleep) through the yoga lesson.

I think so far Glass and Gulman are the only ones we've seen exhibit any real natural wit or cleverness...not that the others don't have it, we just haven't seen much evidence of it. I enjoy the "funny" much more than the plotting, or whining, or complaining or name calling (do kind of like the crying, though! lol).

I thought the beginning of Todd's head-to-head set (about smelly people) stunk (or is that stank?), but the rest was the funniest I've seen him.

I'll admit that I'm a sap. I like EVERYONE in the house, and will be sad to see ANYONE go. But I actually started out not liking Todd Glass during the auditions, and he had wound up winning me over (at least as a houseguest.)

I will miss him.
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-30-2004 at 02:36 PM.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I'll miss him!

I thought that he was easily one of the best comics in the house (after Kathleen).

Of course, I didn't have to live w/ the guy!

The "Attention Song" made me crack up!

I think I would have like to see Tammy go before he went, jmho. She did really well last night though.
    Currently watching: Big Brother, Last Comic Standing II and The Next Action Star.

--------- Rooting for: Kathleen, LCSII ---------

I liked Tammy's set the first time I heard it. I wish they had to come up with new stuff now when they go head-to-head. I haven't heard Todd's stuff, it was the funniest to me last night. I also liked how he answered ?? ... about writing his new set and it wasn't very funny.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Wasn't it Todd also that was absolutely cracking up at the stuff Ant made up on that tour bus?? I really liked him for that, and for not busting him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Well, I'm definitely gonna miss Todd I think the show will be far less interesting without him. I was shocked when Jay announced that Tammy won, maybe it's because I've already heard most of her set and didn't find it as funny as I did the first time, or because I didn't want to find it funny since I wanted Todd to win. I hope the show will still be funny, but so far it seemed like everyone else in the house caused drama and Todd provided the comic relief(some people find it annoying, I find it hilarious ) A little drama is ok, but after a while it's too much for me, especially in a show with a bunch of comedians.
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

Quote Originally Posted by mk_butterfly
    IThe "Attention Song" made me crack up!

I.
    I thought he should have done that in his act!

FORT Fogey
    I, for one, will miss the "Mel Gibson" half of Todd more than the "Fred Flinstone" half...

I was totally bummed at the head to head anyway. I didn't want to see either of them go, but I am very disappointed that Todd left. At least it was close and not a total blow out like the Bonnie/John head to head.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar

She was funnier

Some of my best friends are just like Todd...hence I was pulling for him, nevertheless, he was off last night and she was on! Drama is easy, comedy is hard.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3
    I thought he should have done that in his act!
    If he used it in his act, I would NOT be surprised if it did exactly what the "takee my wifeeee pleaaaasseeee. Take my wife pleaaaase" act did. Flop.

I want to go see comedy, not get annoyed.

jmo
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast