+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ant, Contestant

Quote Originally Posted by olympus
    He's got tons of attitude, huge ego, and no talent. I don't see how this show can help his career.
    As with most comedians, I think the "huge ego" is merely a facade. I truly don't understand all the hostility towards him. I've read that he is actually quite a crowd pleaser in clubs.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    As their straight friend, they invited me to join their "Honorary Fairy" club, but I couldn't manage to get the wrist bend down while properly enunciating "Faaaaaabulous!"
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    If I have to hear "Recognize the accent? Yep, San Francisco!", one more time....
    I could not agree with you more. I want to reach into the television and slap him upside the head.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    I've never met anyone who does that (for any stereotype). Who goes around just spouting off random comments? No one does. Ant does have a very outgoing personality, which would make him fun to hang out with, and I highly doubt he walks around with his friends or whomever commenting on everything they see from the perspective of a gay stareotype. You don't hear him talking about being gay in the house at all. He gossips quite a bit, but not much talk about homosexuality.

Besides, do comics really have to be funny all the time? They are human beings, after all.

Note to Ant however: you ARE on tv. and you could at least TRY to be funny some of the time. Right now all the negativity Ant is displaying in the house is just depressing. :phhht But it is early in the show....

FORT Fogey
    I have to give Ant props for his spontanaity and charisma on the bus tour. He rose to the occasion and gave the crowd a hit of himself, which was entertaining. He also showed humor with smoking during yoga. I think he has potential if he broadens the scope of his act. I think we all agree that any comic who sticks with one narrow field of humor burns us out very quickly.

Huge egos can serve one very well in the entertainment business. It is not necessarily a bad trait.

No comic on this show, whether they win or not, will succeed without good material. Voss and Mordal are doing much better than Dat.

Since Ant has proven he can be spontaneous he will be sought for talk shows, spots on E! and similar appearances where conversation is the format.

If he listens to the criticism and adjusts to what the audience wants I think he will have a good career. It takes a long time to hit your stride.

Having said all of this I think he is history next week because he will be voted and choose Corey. His material is not fresh enough at this point.

I must say, Ant did win some points with me when he was on the bus! I thought he did flawlessly, and honestly...coming up with things off the cuff like that is pretty damn hard!

Too bad the busriders didn't know it was humor he was doing, cause I'm sure they'd of laughed. I was laughing...it was great.

So, kudos to Ant for showing he can branch out. I just hope he can do something on stage that'll be different. Joking on his sexual preference is alright..but do it in stride IMO..mix it up to please the OTHER half of the audience that might not LIKE (or understand) that humor.
    When there is an obese comedian walking on stage..I already know what his set is going to be about...typically it's the WHOLE set too. I don't like comedians who can't laugh about other situations other than their own flaws/lifestyles/sexual preference/marital problems.
    Also, repeat jokes that have been heard for years don't bode well.

So..in conclusion to this post. I'm looking forward to maybe hearing some OTHER comedy from Ant, and if not...hopefully some other jokes about being gay.
    What gay comedian DOESN'T use a "lisp" joke? ::yawn::
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Ant really did take a turn for the better this week, in terms of how he handled the tour guide challenge... Not only did he have off-the-cuff remarks for one tour... but he did how many? 8 or something? Pretty impressive. I also found the deep breathing nicotine during the yoga to be worth a mild chuckle.
    Unfortunately, things went downhill on the bus ride from the tour challenge... I'm alnost scared to bring it up, but you know, the "derogatory words debacle." And then all the tears... :rolleyes Such drama.

Do they reair the show on any other station?

OH yea...the "offensive word" fight.

I understood Ant's argument, but the poor lass chose to offend innocent bus riders with his analogy. Dummy.
    I'm very curious as to the "word" Mr Glass used to rile Ant up with though. Anyone know?

The whole fight was stupid. :rolleyes I loved how whatshername got off the back of the bus, as if there was going to be punches thrown.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    It seems the word was faggot. There really isn't another one I can think of that would push Ants buttons. Queen, fairy and limp wrist don't usually send one over the bend.

+ Reply to Thread