+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ant, Contestant

I knew of Ant from some of those VH-1 shows. I was wondering where he came from and it seems to have been from LCS.

Oh yeah, I saw him on 50 Most Awesomely Songs Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Oh yeah, I saw him on 50 Most Awesomely Songs Ever.
    Yes, and he has been on other shows of that type too. He seems to have a good, upbeat personality.

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I don't know anyone as openly gay and flamboyant as ANT in my personal life, but think it might be fun to.
    Well, just replace "gay" with some other stereotype and ask yourself if you'd like to hang out with that person all the time and have them comment on every little thing they saw.

"You know, that fire hydrant looks like another attempt by the male-dominated society to compensate for their small penises."

"In Russian McDonald's, they don't serve you burgers, you serve in the Russian army."

"Back in Sicily, we'd wack someone for doing that."

It would get really tiring really fast. And that's the problem with ANT. He just needs to branch out and get some new material. Otherwise, he's just a one-trick pony.
    -- Flash

If Ant can keep up his "likeability" factor in a similar fashion to what Dat Phan pulled off last year -- we'll probably be looking at him for a while.

If he keeps up his pot-stirring madness, the other comics will attempt to get rid of him within the next two episodes.

Maybe Dat can loan him some of his comedy algorithms from last year . . .
    Currently watching: Big Brother, Last Comic Standing II and The Next Action Star.

--------- Rooting for: Kathleen, LCSII ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Well, just replace "gay" with some other stereotype and ask yourself if you'd like to hang out with that person all the time and have them comment on every little thing they saw.

"You know, that fire hydrant looks like another attempt by the male-dominated society to compensate for their small penises."

"In Russian McDonald's, they don't serve you burgers, you serve in the Russian army."

It would get really tiring really fast. And that's the problem with ANT. He just needs to branch out and get some new material. Otherwise, he's just a one-trick pony.
    I've never met anyone who does that (for any stereotype). Who goes around just spouting off random comments? No one does. Ant does have a very outgoing personality, which would make him fun to hang out with, and I highly doubt he walks around with his friends or whomever commenting on everything they see from the perspective of a gay stareotype. You don't hear him talking about being gay in the house at all. He gossips quite a bit, but not much talk about homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    I worked as a waiter in the San Francisco area during college. I worked with plenty of flamboyant gay guys, and honestly, many of them were funnier than Ant. And they weren't comics, it was just who they were. As their straight friend, they invited me to join their "Honorary Fairy" club, but I couldn't manage to get the wrist bend down while properly enunciating "Faaaaaabulous!"
    I think as Krom pointed out in some previous post, I had a deprived upbringing.

Whoa, Flash...some FUNNY stuff...but frankly, I'm not sure I even like hanging out with myself all the time...am WAY too judgmental and opinionated...would wind up minding my own business instead of everybody elses!!

Did you steal that from Tammy's act?
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

FORT Regular
    He's got tons of attitude, huge ego, and no talent. I don't see how this show can help his career.

+ Reply to Thread