+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant, Contestant

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    I've known a couple people like Ant. Not only is his entire set based around the fact that he's gay, but so is every aspect of his life. He probably listens to Cher. He probably likes Meg Ryan movies. He's probably never attempted to play a sport. He probably worries that he's not gay ENOUGH. If there was a straight guy somewhere who for some reason wanted desperately to be gay, he'd be a lot like Ant.

This man is not a healthy human being.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Does anyone know what Ant's real name is?

Quote Originally Posted by orcus116
    Careful. People will probably start calling you a homophobe now.
    When I first read this I thought you were directing it at ANT!! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Ok, it looks like I'm being cast as the "Ant Defender".

I like Ant. I don't think he should make the Finals, but I'm glad to see him doing well and I'll love watching him as long as he stays around.
    You are one brave little poster, Colby. I commend you on having the guts to "defend" Ant amidst so much animosity. I like him, too, and would love to see him at a comedy club (I can hear Krom groaning It figures) right through my computer speakers ).

Now I'll admit that I, too, would like to hear something new from him, but I would be disappointed if it wasn't "gay" material. That's what he does, and it cracks me up. I don't know anyone as openly gay and flamboyant as ANT in my personal life, but think it might be fun to. Besides, I think his presence in the house makes those segments a great deal more colorful. He adds interest and drama and gives lots of FORT members something to gripe about.

So, Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Anthony, I believe, correct me if I am wrong. I thought his nickname would have been something more creative, but it's just the first letters of his name. I don't know why even that little detail disappointed me, but it did Maybe writing it in caps is creative.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I'd love to kick this guy's ass. Not because I know I could, but because I'd like to see if he could put a lisp in "Help".

That's professional-quality comedy!
    Where's your next booking? Seriously.
    Very funny!

NC
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

LG.
    What surprises me about Ant's seemingly vast void of any new material from last year is the fact that he was actually on the show for at least part of last year. He's familiar with this show. He watched it last year. He knows that the viewers at home will see the fact that he starts every damn set with that same "recognize my accent?" joke even when he's in a freakin' laundrymat. You're in a laudrymat! You're not in the stand up stand off where you need to bring your absolute A-game to stay in the house. If that is your absolute best joke, then a.) save it for when it counts, don't wear it out on the tv audience because you know they will be voting for the final winner, and b.) for god sakes, write some more jokes. You're a comedian. This is your JOB. Write some new jokes already. Here's a thought . . . any of them can use it . . . tell jokes about LIVING IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE FULL OF COMEDIANS. Something is going on there, make fun of the other comics, or Jay Mohr, or the fact that you're trapped in a house with freakin' comics 24/7. Hell, Buck Star came up with more original jokes than Ant has so far this season. If Ant can tell two consecutive non-"I'm So Gay" jokes, I will personally mail him a page of my favorite Hello Kitty smilie stickers (anyone who happens to also watch Ultimate Love Test and reads the recaps knows what I'm talking about) just to thank him for the variety.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsKenny
    I've known a couple people like Ant. Not only is his entire set based around the fact that he's gay, but so is every aspect of his life. He probably listens to Cher. He probably likes Meg Ryan movies. He's probably never attempted to play a sport. He probably worries that he's not gay ENOUGH. If there was a straight guy somewhere who for some reason wanted desperately to be gay, he'd be a lot like Ant. This man is not a healthy human being.
    Yes, Any fits the stereotype, but you make it sound like he spends his everyday life trying to be gay. I mean, I avoid sports and physical activity and I love Cher, but I don't go out of my way to be that way. There's not a thing wrong with him as a person, even if you don't like his material. :phhht

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I don't know anyone as openly gay and flamboyant as ANT in my personal life, but think it might be fun to.
    I worked as a waiter in the San Francisco area during college. I worked with plenty of flamboyant gay guys, and honestly, many of them were funnier than Ant. And they weren't comics, it was just who they were. As their straight friend, they invited me to join their "Honorary Fairy" club, but I couldn't manage to get the wrist bend down while properly enunciating "Faaaaaabulous!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    It's an anacronym.

Stands for Amyl Nitrate Tester.
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

+ Reply to Thread