+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant, Contestant

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphiend
    i liked how he prefaced his conversation with bonnie by saying "if i tell you who i'm going to vote for do you promise not to tell him" and then running to tammi and going "bonnie said you choked at the laundromat." i hope he gets booted soon.
    That annoyed the heck out of me as well. I didn't like his act last year and thought he was blasted fairly by Joe Rogan. I didn't like his act this year. And now that I've seen him in the house, I don't like his behavior, either.

Ok, it looks like I'm being cast as the "Ant Defender". I mean, I realize that 99.9999999% of his set is gay jokes, but all I've heard from Alonzo so far are black jokes. And the same could be said for Cory until last night when he was talking to the folks at the dry cleaner about washing machines and stuff. Minorities seem to make jokes relating to who they are. Whether or not they're funny is each person's own opinion. I think Ant and Cory are funny, but I don't think Dat was.

Ok, about his behavior in the house, I loved it. I know I'd be the same way. I'd get my little clique together, I'd hate Todd and Bonnie, and I'd gossip. About his conversation with Bonny, as middle school as this is, he had Bonnie say she wouldn't tell so she didn't. Bonnie never told Ant not to say anything, so he went back and started gossiping to Tammy. Maybe that's wrong, but I can't say much, because I know I wouldn't be any different.

I like Ant. I don't think he should make the Finals, but I'm glad to see him doing well and I'll love watching him as long as he stays around.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant
    What was your worst stand-up gig ever?

There was a booking error and I was sent to Harrison, AK. When we got there, the driver told me that this was the proud home of the KKK. I was shocked. That night at the bar/club, there was a line around the block to get in. So many people. I thought the Chinese had a panda at the club on exhibit. I didn't see any bamboo. When I hit the stage and I got to my gay material, all hell broke loose. A guy named Bubba (his name was tattooed on his arm) grabbed me and said, I'm getting you the hell out of town little guy. He threw me in the back of his pick-up and raced me to the airport. I didn't bother to look back. Hey and now that I think about it, I never did get paid.
    Hey Ant.. don't try and relive it and 'make it funny to tell', cause it isn't.

I'd love to kick this guy's ass. Not because I know I could, but because I'd like to see if he could put a lisp in "Help".

He bugs me that much.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Careful. People will probably start calling you a homophobe now.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Now that would be funny.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    [IMG]images/img/ant_133x141.jpg[/IMG] When I hit the stage and I got to my gay material, all hell broke loose.

This would be the same moment correct?

PSi

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Now that would be funny.
    Thats hilarious.

I don't really like Ant, he has made me laugh a bit but gets old quick. He also doesn't seem to have enough depth to go real far. Corey Holcombe, Jay London and Kathleen Madigan were writing jokes about the laundromat real quick. They seem to be pros, while Ant still seems like an amateur.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Thats hilarious.

I don't really like Ant, he has made me laugh a bit but gets old quick. He also doesn't seem to have enough depth to go real far. Corey Holcombe, Jay London and Kathleen Madigan were writing jokes about the laundromat real quick. They seem to be pros, while Ant still seems like an amateur.
    He just isn't funny. His delivery is awful and he tries so hard to be funny that it makes him look like a fool. He needs to get the boot...

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Ok, it looks like I'm being cast as the "Ant Defender". I mean, I realize that 99.9999999% of his set is gay jokes, but all I've heard from Alonzo so far are black jokes. And the same could be said for Cory until last night when he was talking to the folks at the dry cleaner about washing machines and stuff. Minorities seem to make jokes relating to who they are. Whether or not they're funny is each person's own opinion. I think Ant and Cory are funny, but I don't think Dat was.

Ok, about his behavior in the house, I loved it. I know I'd be the same way. I'd get my little clique together, I'd hate Todd and Bonnie, and I'd gossip. About his conversation with Bonny, as middle school as this is, he had Bonnie say she wouldn't tell so she didn't. Bonnie never told Ant not to say anything, so he went back and started gossiping to Tammy. Maybe that's wrong, but I can't say much, because I know I wouldn't be any different.

I like Ant. I don't think he should make the Finals, but I'm glad to see him doing well and I'll love watching him as long as he stays around.
    Actually, Corey's done some non-racial material. Remember the "talk about the woman so you can check her out" routine?? It was repetitive, but not racial. I'm sure Alonzo is capable of doing non-minority jokes as well. Was he the one that did the camping joke? But I agree that as long as Ant doesn't make the finals, I'll be a happy viewer.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

+ Reply to Thread