+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ant, Contestant

FORT Fan
    saw ant on dennis miller and he did pretty good, seemed pretty comfortable.
    really didn't think ant was too funny last year, still not funny this year...
    has decent delivery but uses tired old gay jokes (queens beating a straight, queen outranking a princess, recognize the accent?, etc...) he's gay, we get it, now how about something funny joke-boy?
    ant told dennis miller he thinks he lost the challenge because he called bush a jerk...
    don't worry about ant, vh1, mtv, ..... are all pretty gay-friendly and will scoop him up to get some mileage out of his 2nd shot at 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    Lord, though, I couldn't bear having to sit through the first 45 minutes to get to him, Dennis Miller was dreadful and he used to be funny- some of that was painful- it was like a Daily Show wannabe. He tries too hard- some of it was awful-
    Yeah, I watched it all, but I wanted to fast forward through some of it. It seemed to me like he was trying too hard to be Bill Maher because it was the exact same format as his new show on HBO (not Politically Incorrect; I think it's called Real Time with Bill Maher) He did his little video interview and his review of what's in the news, which was full of bad jokes. And when he got to the panel, it wasn't a good panel. Kevin Nealon, as good as it is to be funny while getting your view across, didn't seem to have a view and was only trying to crack jokes. I like Yeardley Smith, but she hardly got a word in edgewise. I was in need of something good by the time he got to Ant, and I was glad that Ant did really well and came across very funny in his interview.

I really liked Any up until this last episode. I felt he was kinda an underdog and was there last year so should get his shot. Then he turned all nasty and mean! Last year they were supportive and such to one another. This whole alliance thing works in survivor but not on LCS, in my opinion. And what was up with his comment that he is not the head of the group, just a puppet and someone else was pulling the strings? Weird...
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

OK, gotta defend my boy Dennis. I like the format of his show. I especially love that he's not the least bit slick or polished. (And yeah, OK, we think a lot alike politically.)

I've seen almost every show so far and he's really doing well about letting his guests have their say. He made it clear on his first show that that would be his intent. The only time I noticed him straying from this was when Jay Leno was on. He interrupted him continually, which I found hysterical, because Leno interrupts his own guests mercilessly.

Alright, I feel much better now.

Oh yeah, Ant wasn't too bad.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

But they weren't supportive last year. There were alliances everywhere. There was the main one: Corey, Rich, Dave, and Ralphie. Then Dat and Tere tried to form one, but that didn't really stick. Tess and Ralphie were shown strategizing quite a bit. Geoff was trying to get into the alliance, but no one really wanted him around. There was a lot of plotting last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    OK, gotta defend my boy Dennis. I like the format of his show. I especially love that he's not the least bit slick or polished. (And yeah, OK, we think a lot alike politically.)

I've seen almost every show so far and he's really doing well about letting his guests have their say. He made it clear on his first show that that would be his intent. The only time I noticed him straying from this was when Jay Leno was on. He interrupted him continually, which I found hysterical, because Leno interrupts his own guests mercilessly.
    Maybe it's because I really like Bill Maher and so I'm biased against other similar shows, or maybe it's the fact that I disagree with Dennis Miller politically, so a few of his jokes just get under my skin. I mean, it was an okay show, but it's not a show I would want to watch very often. But hey, to each his own, and yes Ant was great.

I used to like Bill Maher, I always watched Politically Incorrect, but he was starting to annoy me by the time it was cancelled. Like he was starting to take himself too seriously or something. I'd love to check out his new show, but I don't get it where I live.

I also love The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, who is nowhere near Dennis Miller on the political spectrum.

OK, I'm done threadjacking. Sorry.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think Dennis Miller is a great stand-up- he's brilliant at that- this kind of format- I don't know- I remember his show when it first went up against Jay Leno all those years ago- sometimes he doesn't know a good joke from a bad joke- and some nights he had all bad jokes- it hurt him- he excels at a carefully crafted act, doing something different nightly, I just don't think it's for him.

FORT Newbie
    i thought he was funny saw him on some CH1 show about paris hilton once - he was good

to the FORT spongeg!

+ Reply to Thread