+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=divaexpatriate]You are right on. I was trying to figure out exactly what bothered me about Bonnie... she just seems... mean. And I don't mean b*tchy. Comedians like Margaret Cho, or, even Marina Franklin... now they're b*tchy, but in a way that relates to your inner b*tch ... you kind of root for them.
    /QUOTE]

I agree I thought she was just being mean....totally mean. She didn't have an ounce of sportsmanship. I'm glad she is gone.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I've been watching this show for the first time this year (a suggestion from DVM if I recall correctly ), and I just don't get it. I mean I have found parts of it hilarious, but I have two increasingly annoying problems with it.

First, every one of those guys repeat the same jokes over and over again. If the producers' goal is to get loyal and repeat viewers, isn't obvious to them that a joke is only really funny the first time and each time they repeat one, the show is getting increasingly boring? Was it like this last year? I know material may be hard to come by, but come on. :phhht

The second is just my preference I guess. I just don't like the real world, big brother filming of contrived stuff in a house thing. I was really just inerested the competition aspect, and now it seems like 80% of the show is just going to be standard reality fare. Am I being paranoid, or is that the way this show is?

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I agree with the folks that say Heffron was definitely not 94% better. It was obvious Bonnie was going, but I just can't see why she didn't choose to go up against Ant. I'm sure that would have been a lot closer, at least. I didn't think Corey was funny at all in that laundromat. He just kept badgering the people there, not making any jokes. I sure hope Todd goes next. He is so dang fake. Jay was the only able to adapt his material to a laundromat. He wasn't funny, but I applaud him for changing his material.

I'm rooting for Kathleen the most. She has the best head on her shoulders. But this is starting to look like a Dat Phan thing, where somebody slips past the alliance and wins the heart of America. :rolleyes
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    But, Scoob, there are two major 'alliances': the spaz alliance, lead by the lead spaz himself, Todd, and the Drama Queen alliance, lead by the drama queen and 'Donness', Tammy and Ant. John, Corey, and Kathleen all appear to be undecided, which is unfortunate for the spazzes, because that was the greater half of their force. But, as spazzes often do, they'll find a way around it. Well, I really hope they don't, but I'm sure they will.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    If the spazzers are an alliance they handled it like Pagong. Their votes were all over the place.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Well, I thought they were quite equal jokewise, but Heffron just was about 94% more likeable person, Bonnie's delivery just is cold. It was not bad delivery (from Bonnie), but it was cold, surgical in a way. Heffron gave me Ray Romano vibe, and that is a good association to make.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well, Gary was really the defector. Bonnie and Todd were spazzers, and they both went with Tammy. The other three were on the fence, and ended up going with the Donness. But watch for John to defect again. I think that Gary is kind of like Geoff - tries to avoid going up, but eventually gets voted and loses. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    I think that Gary is kind of like Geoff - tries to avoid going up, but eventually gets voted and loses. Bad.
    I thought it was funny when he did his Jay impression in the booth though. I actually think he is very funny and would be hard to beat in a head to head because he is affable, but that is just my opinion.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    If Bonnie had taken Ant, Alonzo, or Tammy to the stage, they would have gone second, as well. While being last helps, you can still lose.
    If they're using the same rules as last season, that isn't neccessarily true, Boredom. The person with the most votes doesn't automatically go first; they draw straws or something random to determine who goes first.

Personally, I was stunned that Tammy was so incredibly hostile. And I was disappointed in Heffron allowing himself to be bullied by Ant of all people. I wanted Bonnie to beat him just to tick off the Axis of Evil.

I thought Corey did a terrific job of thinking on his feet - I like him more every week.

FORT Fan
    It struck me as kinda..well, dumb to out a four-person alliance when there are ten people left. Next week the other five can start picking at that alliance easily, it should be obvious that John was pushed into voting for Bonnie, and was Kathleen even in the house long enough to form such an alliance? Tammy bugged me tonight, she really gave off this Dana from BB4 vibe which is certainly not good. Her eyes seemed like they were going to bug out of her head and knock Bonnie unconscious. Ant is trying to be some sort of master manipulator, and I just don't see it working. Right now I'm rooting for Kathleen, then Corey. Everyone seems to repeat jokes too often though.

+ Reply to Thread