+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My first season of LCS, are the voting results usually like this?

AE I'm with you about the high energy.

*runs off to watch Joe Schmoe*

I think John's material was ok, but something about his delivery irks me.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM
    Bonnie shouldn't be in the house in the first place.IMO.I like John because he doesn't repeat his jokes as much as the others.He only repeated the TUMS joke as far as I can remember.
    His whole set was a repeat, just as hers was.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    I thought Bonnie was 94% better than John.......I did not laugh at all during his set....now all I have is Kathleen....

and jeezus ANT has to go...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    John is just ok, but she really bombed IMO. People tend to gravitate towards more likeable, friendly people. She seemed cold and kind of indifferent up there -- as she proved to be in the house. Her comment about Tammi's cards was so rude and uncalled for. I thought she deserved to go.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman
    yea, but thats what the loser gets for getting the most votes in the house
    If Bonnie had taken Ant, Alonzo, or Tammy to the stage, they would have gone second, as well. While being last helps, you can still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    John is just ok, but she really bombed IMO. People tend to gravitate towards more likeable, friendly people. She seemed cold and kind of indifferent up there -- as she proved to be in the house. Her comment about Tammi's cards was so rude and uncalled for. I thought she deserved to go.
    You are right on. I was trying to figure out exactly what bothered me about Bonnie... she just seems... mean. And I don't mean b*tchy. Comedians like Margaret Cho, or, even Marina Franklin... now they're b*tchy, but in a way that relates to your inner b*tch ... you kind of root for them.

On the other side of the spectrum are the Will Smiths, Kathleens... CORYs. These are just likeable, affable people. You can sense their good will and they have this warm presence which doesn't depend on energy level or volume. They just... get on stage, and there's a degree of sincerity, perhaps even awkwardness-- and the audience just falls for them.

Speaking of indifferent.. I always felt Leno seemed kind of removed and indifferent to his audience. Whereas Letterman has this vulnerability and slight geekiness to his persona that makes him an endearing character. Hmm. Just my two cents.

Why isn't Ant gone yet? He tells the same type of joke, with the same type of delivery. Those kids didn't even get the San Francisco reference. Todd does annoying things, but he isn't as annoying as Ant.

Tammy went down a few points in my book tonight because she made me feel sorry for Bonnie, which I thought would never happen. John was LOADS funnier than Bonnie, mainly because he told universal, "I've been there" jokes, while Bonnie went for off-color jokes about anorexia. Still, she should've chosen Ant, and she would've won.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    You are right on. I was trying to figure out exactly what bothered me about Bonnie... she just seems... mean. And I don't mean b*tchy. Comedians like Margaret Cho, or, even Marina Franklin... now they're b*tchy, but in a way that relates to your inner b*tch ... you kind of root for them.

On the other side of the spectrum are the Will Smiths, Kathleens... CORYs. These are just likeable, affable people. You can sense their good will and they have this warm presence which doesn't depend on energy level or volume. They just... get on stage, and there's a degree of sincerity, perhaps even awkwardness-- and the audience just falls for them.

Speaking of indifferent.. I always felt Leno seemed kind of removed and indifferent to his audience. Whereas Letterman has this vulnerability and slight geekiness to his persona that makes him an endearing character. Hmm. Just my two cents.
    Your two cents are very intelligent.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

All across the country, Italian-Americans and Gay-Americans everywhere are cheering Tammy and Ant for being such HUGE pioneers in bucking stereotypes. ONLY NOT.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread