+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mohr defends LCS

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    We interrupt this thread for a brief public service announcment.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rant.

I wouldn't believe Jay Mohr if his tongue came notarized.[/QUOTE]
    now thats funny. and I totally agree. Jay was paid to be the company stooge, and it suits him well...... the sell out

seriously, I think its all being taken too seriously... C'mon folks, this is LCS, not quite as important as the earth shattering news of who wins AI, right?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Exactly, senrik, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Oh...that is CLASSIC, Florimel...I don't know if everyone else has heard that joke before (I never have), or if you just made it up, but I'm going to have to beg usage rights on it from you... !!!
    Usage rights granted.

Mohr's "explanation" cannot be trusted for the simple reason that he, Ant, and Gulman are all managed by the same person, Exec. Producer Barry Katz, who clearly created this show as a scheme to provide his clients with priceless hours of prime time network TV exposure cleverly disguised as a talent contest.

Mohr saying any comic who got four out of four votes from the "celebrity judges" was automatically in the house my sound good, but let us not forget that Tess was NBC's "ace in the hole," so to speak. Carey, Butler, and Clarke are all affiliated with other networks. Only Tess has any real ties to NBC. And the fact that she's so obviously a much lower level of celebrity than the other three give a lot of credibility to the theory that she's somehow still under contract with LCS itself. Otherwise, why not hire Roseanne or Ray Romano or even Brad Garrett, all former comics, to fill the fourth seat? Because then they would lose that majority in case the "on-camera" judges didn't choose Ant and/or Gulman.

I have no problem with a house full of comics challenging each other over who's funnier. That's a show, and I would watch that. But DO NOT insult my intelligence and call it a talent competition. THAT'S where I get offended, and that's what all this controversy is about.

Also, remember that Dan Naturman's behavior after not being chosen was heavily influenced by the backstage visits by Carey and Butler, both who told him he should've been in, that they picked him, and that he was robbed. Like any young comic, Dan probably has way more respect for their opinions than he would for some bozo producers or for Tess. And so do I, for that matter. If they had not gone backstage, he probably would have still felt robbed, but not felt so encouraged to be that vocal about it.

The remarks by Peter Engle and Jay Mohr reek of cover-up. It's not even "spin." It's blatant scandal, plain and simple. Mohr is lying through his teeth. This whole thing should be called ComedyGate. :phhht
    Okay, kids! Who wants Navy Cake?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    it's a tv show

Quote Originally Posted by navycake
    Mohr's "explanation" cannot be trusted for the simple reason that he, Ant, and Gulman are all managed by the same person, Exec. Producer Barry Katz, who clearly created this show as a scheme to provide his clients with priceless hours of prime time network TV exposure cleverly disguised as a talent contest.

Mohr saying any comic who got four out of four votes from the "celebrity judges" was automatically in the house my sound good, but let us not forget that Tess was NBC's "ace in the hole," so to speak. Carey, Butler, and Clarke are all affiliated with other networks. Only Tess has any real ties to NBC. And the fact that she's so obviously a much lower level of celebrity than the other three give a lot of credibility to the theory that she's somehow still under contract with LCS itself. Otherwise, why not hire Roseanne or Ray Romano or even Brad Garrett, all former comics, to fill the fourth seat? Because then they would lose that majority in case the "on-camera" judges didn't choose Ant and/or Gulman.

I have no problem with a house full of comics challenging each other over who's funnier. That's a show, and I would watch that. But DO NOT insult my intelligence and call it a talent competition. THAT'S where I get offended, and that's what all this controversy is about.

Also, remember that Dan Naturman's behavior after not being chosen was heavily influenced by the backstage visits by Carey and Butler, both who told him he should've been in, that they picked him, and that he was robbed. Like any young comic, Dan probably has way more respect for their opinions than he would for some bozo producers or for Tess. And so do I, for that matter. If they had not gone backstage, he probably would have still felt robbed, but not felt so encouraged to be that vocal about it.

The remarks by Peter Engle and Jay Mohr reek of cover-up. It's not even "spin." It's blatant scandal, plain and simple. Mohr is lying through his teeth. This whole thing should be called ComedyGate. :phhht
    regardless that it is a TV show, I had no idea that the cards were so stacked. I would guess from what I read on these boards that we share the opinion that we have been duped. NOT a nice feeling....... but this is the new wave of TV, need ratings, must have scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    seriously, I think its all being taken too seriously... C'mon folks, this is LCS, not quite as important as the earth shattering news of who wins AI, right?
    With respect, that's not the point. Every one has some thing to say and FORT is the place. RIGHT. If some want to rant or cheer this is the place. Its no different than AI,ASS, etc. We LOVVVVVE good scandal

under FAQ, " Rules about reality TV"

We also realize the shows we see are heavily edited, for both entertainment purposes and to give a "storyline" to the shows and each person on it. On this site, we enjoy the show for the entertainment value. We don't really care what really happened behind the scenes. Although interesting, it's not really that important.

I disagree (respectfully of course),..... part of the fun IS finding out behind the scenes stuff.

that's all , enough said

+ Reply to Thread