+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mohr defends LCS

Quote Originally Posted by haerpino
    What's with the producers saying the finalists have to be funny ALL THE TIME? I remember last year and Dat Phan was frequently criticized by his housemates for not being funny in the house. And he won.

I wish the producers would just come clean, it's obvious they're not looking for the best comic, they're looking for the comics that will make the most interesting show. That's especially obvious when they say some people gave the best set of their lives in Vegas but weren't giving them much of anything in confessionals/interviews hence they were not picked (most likely referring to Dan Naturman)
    AMEN! (I loved the "confessionals/interviews" part!)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Well, call me hopelessy naive, but that sounds like a reasonable explanation to me.
    I'm sorry, but it sounds more like damage control to me. I wonder how many spin doctors it took to come up with that.

I wouldn't believe Jay Mohr if his tongue came notarized.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Hey, I liked Marina, too...

Really, though, if someone had the best set of their lives, then that proves that they didn't crack under the pressure, and they deserve to be in the house. Really, it should be based of of how you do that round. If someone entirely bombs, but they were good the other rounds, they shouldn't move on because they broke under the pressure. And that's not a sign of a good comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I wouldn't believe Jay Mohr if his tongue came notarized.
    Oh...that is CLASSIC, Florimel...I don't know if everyone else has heard that joke before (I never have), or if you just made it up, but I'm going to have to beg usage rights on it from you... !!!

Jay Mohr was on a local radio station talking about his new book. He addressed the judging controversy on LCS saying, "Brett and Drew wanted Wiggins and Naturman. The producers wanted the gay guy, Ant."

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    I'm never going to escape this. I don't know what it is about me that makes me like who I do. I need to make a list of all the people I like where I'm in the vast minority. And if I forget anyone, I'll just come to one of you guys who seem to notice it quite often. Right on, cha-cha-cha!
    You DO know what it is about you that makes you like who you like, Colby. You said (very eloquently) in another post how comedy is SUBJECTIVE. The fact that you realize that means that you get it. IMHO, comedy and sense of humor is more subjective than even politics. Some people like the 3 Stooges( ), some people despise them. Some people like foul language comedy ( ), others prefer witty one liners. It's subjective!!!

Personally, I think they picked a good mix for the house. I have no problem with Dan N. being left out. I would have had no problem if he had been in. It's really not that big of a deal....its a television show.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by bkm1966
    Jay Mohr was on a local radio station talking about his new book. He addressed the judging controversy on LCS saying, "Brett and Drew wanted Wiggins and Naturman. The producers wanted the gay guy, Ant."
    I am with Brett and Drew. I know for a fact I would have replaced BM with Naturman...but am not sure about who I would replace with Wiggins. I like Ant, and since I don't personally know any guy who is open about being a queen, nor have I ever, in fact, even seen an openly gay comedian (at a comedy club) that I can remember, I find his material highly amusing, and--with the exception of his material that has been repeated on LCS--original.

I loved Naturman and Wiggins, but I really do like everyone in the house except Bonnie M., and that being said (probably for the 100th time by me)--I DO think Bonnie will be a troublemaker in the house...and who doesn't love a troublemaker?

Wonder who other FORT members would replace? Ant, I'm sure. But who else?

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Wonder who other FORT members would replace? Ant, I'm sure. But who else?
    I like Ant. I like his standup, and I think he's probably a funny guy IRL as well.

I could do without Kathleen Madigan or Dan Heffron. Unoriginal. Bland. Yeah, I laughed a couple of times, but...meh. I would replace them with Jim Wiggins (who at least had character) and Dan N. in a second.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I would replace Alonzo with Naturman or Wiggins.

FORT Fogey
    I would think a talented comedian with enough material would have planned his/her material so the Vegas final was truly a FINALE, and the best set of their lives...with the others being good enough to get through...

+ Reply to Thread